[1.1.2] Station Science (v2.0: New models by SpeedyB)

ethernet

For me all experiments got a "finalize results"-button while still attached to the station. You have to press this button before releasing the experiment return craft. If you get said message after undocking its basically a warning that you have just screwed up. I don't know if you can dock again to finalize it correctly or if you need to quickload/send a new experiment.

I have the experiment attached by node to an attach-o-tron, not docked, and a "finalize results" button doesn't even show up for me. Just deploy.

Hey, I have this issue. I have a 660 ton ship out at Minmus. I have already run through the science cycle twice on it. I get this contract to do a new experiment so I send it up with a cheap disposable taxi craft out to the big ship. (I've done this several times before with outstanding results). The taxi carries a little kibbal and the requested module and the most minimal return vehicle possible.

This time, I fire it up and get no eurekas. The lab says I have the normal production rate... I fired up one of the station's permanent experiments that I've used before, no eurekas. The kuarks worked just fine. My only guess is that Jeb (who is on board) was kerbaling with the wiring...

I am running this on a DMP server so you can witness this first hand. I just had a network device switched out so I may or may not be up and running. =\

Please send me your persistence file and KSP.log from after seeing this happen.

How do you complete the Creature Comforts experiment???? I've got full eurekas/bio but it keeps saying it's not finalized when i got to detach it? The deploy button doesn't do anything either...

The experiment defs aren't getting loaded. This is likely due to a conflict with another mod. Do you have other mods installed? If so, what are they?

Directory of CProgram Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonKerbal Space ProgramGameData09132014  0824 PM    DIR          .
09132014 0824 PM DIR ..
07312014 0604 PM DIR 000_Toolbar
08192014 1158 AM DIR ActiveTextureManagement
07312014 0608 PM DIR AlignedCurrencyIndicator
08122014 0326 AM DIR B9_Aerospace
08122014 0326 AM DIR BahaSP
08192014 1130 AM DIR blackheart
09072014 0752 PM DIR BoulderCo
07312014 0606 PM DIR CactEye
09062014 1236 AM DIR Chatterer
09132014 0650 PM DIR CommunityResourcePack
07312014 0611 PM DIR ConnectedLivingSpace
07312014 0559 PM DIR DebRefund
09042014 0423 PM DIR DefaultThrottle
09072014 0314 AM DIR Diazo
08012014 0139 AM DIR DistantObject
09072014 0626 PM DIR DMagic Orbital Science
08072014 0415 AM DIR EditorExtensions
08192014 1130 AM DIR EnhancedNavBall
08012014 0143 AM DIR ExsurgentEngineering
07312014 0639 PM DIR FerramAerospaceResearch
09132014 0824 PM DIR FinePrint
09072014 0733 PM DIR Firespitter
07312014 0604 PM DIR GlowStrips
08012014 0139 AM DIR Goodspeed
09082014 0747 PM DIR HullCameraVDS
07312014 0604 PM DIR ImprovedChaseCamera
08082014 0438 AM DIR JSI
08302014 0729 PM DIR K3
09042014 0426 PM DIR KAS
07312014 0559 PM DIR KerbalJointReinforcement
09082014 0746 PM DIR Kerbaltek
08012014 0143 AM DIR KineTechAnimation
08012014 0140 AM DIR Klockheed_Martian_Asteroid
09152014 1125 PM DIR KSP-AVC
08132014 0403 AM DIR KSPX
07312014 0600 PM DIR KWRocketry
09162014 0235 AM DIR ModStatistics
08032014 1042 PM DIR ModularFuelTanks
07252014 0841 PM DIR NASAmission
08122014 0500 AM DIR NavBallTextureExport
08192014 1131 AM DIR NearFutureSolar
09132014 0650 PM DIR OpenResourceSystem
08072014 0415 AM DIR OrbitusII
08192014 1150 AM DIR PandaJagerLaboratories
08122014 0359 AM DIR PartAngleDisplay
09062014 1236 AM DIR PartCatalog
08032014 1041 PM DIR ProceduralFairings
08302014 0811 PM DIR RCSBuildAid
08022014 0757 PM DIR RcsSounds
09042014 0909 PM DIR RcsSounds-master
09092014 1052 PM DIR RealChute
08012014 0143 AM DIR ResGen
08032014 1042 PM DIR ResourceConverter
09042014 0426 PM DIR RLA_Stockalike
08132014 0409 AM DIR SCANsat
09052014 0356 PM DIR SelectRoot
07252014 0841 PM DIR Squad
08192014 1130 AM DIR StationScience
08212014 1045 PM DIR TextureReplacer
09142014 0913 PM DIR TriggerTech
08122014 0326 AM DIR TurboNisu
08302014 0728 PM DIR TweakScale
09132014 0651 PM DIR UmbraSpaceIndustries
09072014 0527 PM 68,876 A_Mechanic_Is_Jeb.cfg
05132014 0936 AM 112 B9GearFix.cfg
06042014 1230 AM 4,096 FloorIt.dll
08122014 0434 AM 2,510 KSPXUpdate1-5.cfg
09072014 0445 PM 39,424 ModuleManager.2.3.4.dll
07312014 0404 PM 5,632 ResearchThemAll.dll
09162014 0235 AM 2,829 toolbar-settings.dat
08092014 0852 AM 989 turboNisuFixes.cfg
8 File(s) 124,468 bytes 65 Dir(s) 147,088,560,128 bytes free

Sooooooooo you have a lot of mods. i'm willing to be you are using Crowd Sourced Science Logs too. they sometimes break science experiments. look for rogue ScienceDefs.cfg files.

also, ModStatistics is mostly deprecated and B9GearFix is for the old B9 4.0c, and causes LOTS of problems with the new B9 5.2.1.

Sooooooooo you have a lot of mods. i'm willing to be you are using Crowd Sourced Science Logs too. they sometimes break science experiments. look for rogue ScienceDefs.cfg files.

Yes, if Crowd Sourced Science Logs is in there (which it wouldn't be visible from that listing), that's likely the culprit. Make sure the "original" ScienceDefs.cfg file is either deleted, or renamed to something without a .cfg extension (adding ".old" to the end should work).

If that's not the problem, Jaxx, please send me your KSP.log. That should list all the experiment def files that are getting loaded.

Thanks again for the time and effort you put into this mod - it is a joy to putter around with.

O1ry8G5.png?1

MWaA2l5.png?1

After many months of painstaking orbital assembly and a successful test of the new drive system, the experiment pod arrives at the KSS Valley Forge for a final high-orbit test while the command modules are finished below. Next stop, the Mun...

Edited by Noio

Does the kerbal's "stupidity" level have any bearing on how many Eureka's per day you can get from the Sci lab? (Like in MKS the smarter the kerbal the better your lab runs)

I ask because it seems I can only generate 1 Eureka per day. If the stupidity is not a factor, can additional science labs be added that would increase the rate of Eureka's?

Does the kerbal's "stupidity" level have any bearing on how many Eureka's per day you can get from the Sci lab? (Like in MKS the smarter the kerbal the better your lab runs)

I ask because it seems I can only generate 1 Eureka per day. If the stupidity is not a factor, can additional science labs be added that would increase the rate of Eureka's?

eureka's are intended to be slow. this is a long term space experiment, not something that you can read gauge and go home. you can always add more labs.

another weird bug, maybe in conjuction with the method of launch of a spacecraft.

a friend of mine uses more or less the same mods as I do, and one of them is your mod.

and he told me, that he got the mission plant growth around kerbin, lifted up the stock laboratory, the station science laboratory and the plant growth module, did the experiment and landed everything. he got the science points from the pod, but not the reward from the mission.

after he told me that, and he replicated the mission again, and again, it did not work, I figured out, that it might be a bad idea lifting everything with a spaceplane.

apparently, a science experiment module is required to be lifted by a rocket, and is not allowed to be launched by spaceplane from the runway (he just loves spaceplanes, and sent a large spacesstation with several modules (cyclotrons, zoology bay, and so on) with his heavy launch plane (quite some work, because every launch takes ~2 hours).

today, he tried to confirm my thought and tried to lift the same experiment configuration by rocket. and suddenly it worked. and oddly enough, launching the plant growth module via a jet-engine driven rocket again does not work (which is really odd).

apparently, a science experiment module is required to be lifted by a rocket, and is not allowed to be launched by spaceplane from the runway (he just loves spaceplanes, and sent a large spacesstation with several modules (cyclotrons, zoology bay, and so on) with his heavy launch plane (quite some work, because every launch takes ~2 hours).

today, he tried to confirm my thought and tried to lift the same experiment configuration by rocket. and suddenly it worked. and oddly enough, launching the plant growth module via a jet-engine driven rocket again does not work (which is really odd).

I have additional details on this, I launched 2 experiments to my orbital station using a spaceplane and none of them triggered the "Launch new Experiment" check. I had one of the 2 experiments checked with "Complete in orbit around Kerbin" but when I tried to de-orbit it the contract was not completed and it was reset instead (no green checks at all).

I did a bit of digging around and this is what I found:

* I tried lifting a the same experiment setup using a rocket and it triggered the "Launch new Experiment" check normally.

* Then I tried to launch a rocket powered craft from the launchpad and it worked again.

* Then I tried to launch a simple jet-engine powered craft and it worked again.

* I tried re-launching my original setup with the huge spaceplane and it didn't work..just like when I launched it originally.

At this point I suspected the culprits were the docking ports: my spaceplane has the experiment attached to an orbital module using small docking ports, which in turn is attached to the spaceplane using the large docking ports. So I

* launched many small space planes with both rockets and jet engines with the experiments attached to a small docking port but this kind of simple setup always worked well.

* launched many more complex spaceplanes up until the point I almost replicated my original setup using only stock parts: my contraptions always triggered the "Launch new Experiment" without any problem (aarg!)

* As I advanced through the recreation, at some point I created action groups to turn on the engines instead of hitting the spacebar.

Turns out this is the problem: you need to use the spacebar when launching.

After that I tried many crafts, jet powered, rocket powered, all of them worked when using the spacebar and none of them worked when activating the engine through action groups or manual "click to activate" (from both the runway and the launchpad)

I was pretty bummed that I had to re-launch my experiments but then it dawned on me: I returned to my station, created 1 empty stage, pressed my spacebar and bam! The experiment is now launched :) I'll return it to Kerbin tomorrow.

I hope this helps!

P.S. The addon is awesome, keep going with the good work ;)

Edited by redde
Spelling & rephrasing

okay, now THAT helps a lot.

and it reminds me of my problem with extraplanetary launchpads (2 pages earlier).

I guess, sometimes I started the spacecrafts (after release) via staging, and sometimes I just activated the engines by their right-click context menue.

so, the launch-check doesn't actually check if that happens on kerbin, it just requires staging at least once (not sure, if it needs to be done in the kerbin SOI).

So, just so I understand: launching a Creature Comfort module and a kibbal container, by themselves, won't do anything? I need to also launch or connect it to the Science Lab that comes with the same mod? (Not the default Squad science lab?)

So let me go through the prerequisites:

1. The experiment itself is necessary
  2. The experiment requires eurekas and bioproducts
  3. Eurekas are produced the Thnkr lab, but not the squad science lab
  4. Bioproducts are produced by the creature comfort lab, but not any other lab
  5. the Thnkr lab requires three crew and electric charge to produce one eureka Per Hour
  6. The Creature lab requires one crew, Electric charge, and one Kibbal to produce one bioproduct per hour, plus 2 kibbal per day
  7. Neither the Creature or Thnkr labs will operate below Low Kerbin Orbit (i.e. 70 Km)

Therefore, the Creature Comfort experiment requires:

• The Experiment itself
  • a Thnkr lab
  • a creature lab
  • 30 hours, or 5 kerbin days
  • Sufficient electric charge to run all labs for at least this long
  • at least 40 kibbal
  • 4 total crew
  • all in Low Kerbin orbit or higher

Edited by AetherGoddess
math error

So let me go through the prerequisites:

1. The experiment itself is necessary
  2. The experiment requires eurekas and bioproducts
  3. Eurekas are produced the Thnkr lab, but not the squad science lab
  4. Bioproducts are produced by the creature comfort lab, but not any other lab
  5. the Thnkr lab requires three crew and electric charge to produce one eureka Per Hour
  6. The Creature lab requires one crew, Electric charge, and one Kibbal to produce one bioproduct per hour, plus 2 kibbal per day
  7. Neither the Creature or Thnkr labs will operate below Low Kerbin Orbit (i.e. 70 Km)

Therefore, the Creature Comfort experiment requires:

• The Experiment itself
  • a Thnkr lab
  • a creature lab
  • 30 hours, or 5 kerbin days
  • Sufficient electric charge to run all labs for at least this long
  • at least 40 kibbal
  • 4 total crew
  • all in Low Kerbin orbit or higher

Thanks for this!! Very helpful.

Wondering if anyone can assist on this one. I am trying to complete the contract for creature comforts in orbit around Kerbin. I have launched a small station with Science Lab and Zoology Bay. I bought up the Creature Comforts experiment on a separate launch and docked via a multiple port docking unit. The station is crewed and powered up. When I press "start experiment" the screen shows "Experiment Started" but after leaving over night nothing has happened - no variables change. For some reason the Zoology Bay states it is in "hypernation". Any ideas? Are you supposed to dock the experiement directly to the Zoology Bay?

Thanks.

Wondering if anyone can assist on this one. I am trying to complete the contract for creature comforts in orbit around Kerbin. I have launched a small station with Science Lab and Zoology Bay. I bought up the Creature Comforts experiment on a separate launch and docked via a multiple port docking unit. The station is crewed and powered up. When I press "start experiment" the screen shows "Experiment Started" but after leaving over night nothing has happened - no variables change. For some reason the Zoology Bay states it is in "hypernation". Any ideas? Are you supposed to dock the experiement directly to the Zoology Bay?

Thanks.

One other think I am using the MRS docking lights behind the docking ports could that be the problem?

Thanks,

Thanks. I will send up a Kibbal supply - the Zoology Bay should have had some - so would they have "eaten" that already? Thanks for the help. :D

Remember, you need 2 kibbal per day just for maintenance to keep your creatures out of hibernation (or hypernation, because whatever), plus one kibbal per hour for each bioproduct you need. if you took a while assembling your station, you might be well out, which is why your creatures are hibernating.

I have two overlapping contracts for these, one for Plant Growth and one for Creature Comforts. Now, I'm pretty early in my tech tree, and I'm fairly certain that this ungainly space-noodle will incinerate on reentry. (Add to that the fact that I forgot to send up a zoology bay, like a nimrod.) I'd planned on sending a retrieval craft anyway, and it's no big deal to include a zoology bay with it. My question: the contract stipulates that I have to "recover it" on Kerbin. Does that mean that bringing the experiment data won't be enough, I actually have to recover the module itself?

Hi, I have double checked and the original load of Kibbal is still in the Zoology Bay, please see screen shot from imgur.

http://i.imgur.com/FelVI8y.png

The creatures are in hibernation even though the screen says "started experiment".

Should I relaunch or can anyone see a noob error?

Thanks.

Are you using KSP v. 0.24.2, and StationScience v. 1.2? If so, please send me your KSP.log. It looks like something isn't working.

I have two overlapping contracts for these, one for Plant Growth and one for Creature Comforts. Now, I'm pretty early in my tech tree, and I'm fairly certain that this ungainly space-noodle will incinerate on reentry. (Add to that the fact that I forgot to send up a zoology bay, like a nimrod.) I'd planned on sending a retrieval craft anyway, and it's no big deal to include a zoology bay with it. My question: the contract stipulates that I have to "recover it" on Kerbin. Does that mean that bringing the experiment data won't be enough, I actually have to recover the module itself?

It has to be the experiment pod itself (the small ones, not the big station modules). You're intended to attach the pods to craft that launch up, dock, undock, and return.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.