Tarnished SKINS(me first mod)

Caesar15

Which mod pack should I tarnish next?(permission will be asked)  

1,588 members have voted

1. 1. Which mod pack should I tarnish next?(permission will be asked)

• Removed, don't think I could do anything to persuade nova
    • C7 parts
    • sunday punch
    • Other, please state in commets
    • down under aerospace

If you want more realism you really need to study from real life using references. Tarnished metal has a lot of different shades/hues/textures/color densities.

7-17-remove%20tarnish.jpg

Your technique seems to be to just use the paint bucket and brush, but you can really do it a whole lot better by throwing down some base colors that compliment each other and erase in different opacity\'s to create variation, density, and to mimic rust and grime around major edges while taking it away from flat center areas creating landmarks and etc.

3QJOz.jpg

Have you tried the realistic version?

Looks more like peeling paint, but I don\'t think it would hold up very well if I was looking at it very close.

Darrknox has some very good advice I think for helping you continue to improve, he sounds like an Art guy.

Me, I\'m only good at taking photos that are useless for texture mapping. :(

If you want more realism you really need to study from real life using references. Tarnished metal has a lot of different shades/hues/textures/color densities.

7-17-remove%20tarnish.jpg

Your technique seems to be to just use the paint bucket and brush, but you can really do it a whole lot better by throwing down some base colors that compliment each other and erase in different opacity\'s to create variation, density, and to mimic rust and grime around major edges while taking it away from flat center areas creating landmarks and etc.

3QJOz.jpg

Thats coooool

to everyone else i am not an artist, dont expect great things from me

To everyone else, I am not an artist, don\'t expect great things to come from me.

It\'s okay that you aren\'t an artist; gotta start somewhere. There are some points you need to consider; people will be critics. And they will hate what you do, you\'ve seen it. You simply need to take that, and try to make what you do better.

It\'s okay that you aren\'t an artist; gotta start somewhere. There are some points you need to consider; people will be critics. And they will hate what you do, you\'ve seen it. You simply need to take that, and try to make what you do better.

Plus, those of us that know a thing or two are happy to help if you ask the right questions and accept answers.

Edit: Every task is easier when broken up into stages. Base Work/Large Detail/Small Detail/Corrections

c5YBj.jpg

Space camoflauge wouldn\'t be rusty brown.

Space camouflage would probably be some kind of matte black coating that makes it non-reflective, and damn near impossible to see; with radar or otherwise.

Realistic? No.

Even worse than the first? Yes.

I seriously cannot express how angry I am that he even considered doing such a thing... What are today\'s youth becoming.

(I\'m assuming he\'s a member of these so-called youth. If not, I fear for human civilization.)

Christ Silisko, don\'t have a fucking heart attack. I swear, for someone who is bashing on a middle schooler for being childish, you certainly seem to have some issues yourself. Kinda makes me want to slap some neon colors on your parts and upload it just to see exactly how far up the wall you\'d climb. Definitely makes me want to uninstall your pack, which I am doing as I type.

Christ Silisko, don\'t have a fucking heart attack. I swear, for someone who is bashing on a middle schooler for being childish, you certainly seem to have some issues yourself. Kinda makes me want to slap some neon colors on your parts and upload it just to see exactly how far up the wall you\'d climb. Definitely makes me want to uninstall your pack, which I am doing as I type.

The fact I told him not to, and he pretty much said 'too bad, I\'m going to anyway'? And you\'re saying that I\'m the bad guy here?

You know, if you want me to just leave, I\'m practically packing my bags as-is. You clearly wouldn\'t be complaining - lots of people don\'t like what I\'ve made and would like me to be gone.

Really tired of the people who think the game is all about explosions and killing things and destruction, or who don\'t want to learn how to do anything and just expect it handed to them. I\'m tired of the anger and hate, but I don\'t want the devs to cave to these people and ruin the game - that\'s what happened to minecraft...

The fact I told him not to, and he pretty much said 'too bad, I\'m going to anyway'? And you\'re saying that I\'m the bad guy here?

You know, if you want me to just leave, I\'m practically packing my bags as-is. You clearly wouldn\'t be complaining - lots of people don\'t like what I\'ve made and would like me to be gone.

There\'s no reason to overreact here, people. Nova, the majority of all people here like you and probably use your parts in almost every KSP session of playtime. No need to go.

There\'s no reason to overreact here, people. Nova, the majority of all people here like you and probably use your parts in almost every KSP session of playtime. No need to go.

Added a bit more explanation to that post.

he pretty much said 'too bad, I\'m going to anyway'?

Yeah, and that\'s pretty damn childish. Then again, he\'s what? 13? 14? The fact that he even knows what a 'texture' is is a miracle in and of itself, and I am of the opinion that this kind of hobby should be fostered, not discouraged. You will notice that he did desist, and was not nasty in any way about it, as you were and continue to be. I think you would have found, had you chosen not to flip a shit, that he would have responded to a polite 'Hi, my name is Silisko, welcome to the forum. We have a couple rules here, and one of them is xyz yada yada etcetera', the end result would have been the same, but achieved sooner. Instead you chose to insult him personally, inside and outside of his thread.

Furthermore, while you might be of the opinion that his worn-rocket textures look like poorly-documented puke, I happen to think the idea is clever, and very much in the spirit of the game.

At this point, I would usually say something like 'there is no need to be upset' or 'we can resolve this without resorting to name-calling', but its obvious you\'ve already made a decision to get all worked up about it, and frankly it makes me sound like a pre-school teacher. I\'m not calling you a 'bad guy' as you claim, nor am I saying Caeser15 is a 'good guy'. What I am saying is that if you utilized some common bloody respect at all times, and not just when it is being given to you, you would go a lot farther, a lot faster.

Yeah, and that\'s pretty damn childish. Then again, he\'s what? 13? 14? The fact that he even knows what a 'texture' is is a miracle in and of itself, and I am of the opinion that this kind of hobby should be fostered, not discouraged. You will notice that he did desist, and was not nasty in any way about it, as you were and continue to be. I think you would have found, had you chosen not to flip a shit, that he would have responded to a polite 'Hi, my name is Silisko, welcome to the forum. We have a couple rules here, and one of them is xyz yada yada etcetera', the end result would have been the same, but achieved sooner. Instead you chose to insult him personally, inside and outside of his thread.

Furthermore, while you might be of the opinion that his worn-rocket textures look like poorly-documented puke, I happen to think the idea is clever, and very much in the spirit of the game.

At this point, I would usually say something like 'there is no need to be upset' or 'we can resolve this without resorting to name-calling', but its obvious you\'ve already made a decision to get all worked up about it, and frankly it makes me sound like a pre-school teacher. I\'m not calling you a 'bad guy' as you claim, nor am I saying Caeser15 is a 'good guy'. What I am saying is that if you utilized some common bloody respect at all times, and not just when it is being given to you, you would go a lot farther, a lot faster.

My experiences in the past after trying that method usually ended up in me being told I was wrong and the continued insistence that the work was of the utmost quality and I was but a lowly peon compared to their skills. This most often wouldn\'t be the case but for whatever reason, it felt like it this time after seeing his previous interactions with the community. I guess I was wrong for that part.

Really tired of the people who think the game is all about explosions and killing things and destruction, or who don\'t want to learn how to do anything and just expect it handed to them. I\'m tired of the anger and hate, but I don\'t want the devs to cave to these people and ruin the game - that\'s what happened to minecraft...

We don\'t want you to leave. Nobody here questions your contributions to the community.

We want you to act like an adult.

Stop justifying your belligerent attitude by saying 'I don\'t want this game to become like minecraft' It\'s nonsensical. Your fears about the development course of a completely different game does not give you the right to be a jerk. 'BUT MINECRAFT!' Is not a valid excuse to flame people.

You complain that you want people to learn how to do things, then call anyone who doesn\'t ask a question that is worthy of your high and mighty intellect an idiot. The Hypocrisy is astounding. You demand people learn and berate them if they do not, and never bother to teach anyone.

Maybe if you took the time to answer peoples questions around here, they wouldn\'t NEED what you classify as 'This will turn the game into minecraft!' parts.

But no. You don\'t want to teach anyone. It\'s just easier for you to be angry at people and say they\'re ruining YOUR game, isn\'t it? You can\'t stand the thought of anyone enjoying the game differently from you.

I thought you were cool Nova. It pains me to see you prove me wrong with such regularity. It\'s a real black mark on our community to have one of our premiere part makers acting like a flaming douche all the time.