Landing camera

There's a thing I was missing ever since I started playing and I still miss it now when I already consider myself somewhat experienced. The thing is camera mode suitable for landing a ship.

The idea is that it would work somewhat like chase camera, just looking from above the ship instead of below. Using it I would be sure that pressing W leans the ship away from the camera, S towards the camera, A to the left and D to the right. That would be extremely useful for hovering with the craft while looking for suitable place for landing.

It can be almost achieved with current chase camera - if I pull the camera over the top of the ship, it works exactly how it should - but chase camera has a limit there and I cannot go further than looking horizontally and for landing I also need to look below the ship.

Allowing the chase camera to rotate 90 more degrees might suffice, too.

I think that would be kinda cool - but it would have to be a part you would add, right? The only thing I would worry about is that with all the smoke/exhaust/dust that would be below the craft as it landed it might obscure the view. Didn't the Apollo guys land via instruments?

Taking the camera thing further,one possibility would be to have rover views restricted to a camera that they carry. It would be like an IVA but from a rover point of view.