[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

Is there an issue with where the Tracking Station is? When using RT2, I appear to be out of range of the tracking station when on the launch pad. My stayputnik cannot make a connection unless I fit another antenna on it. Is this known about? If so could someone direct me to the discussion.

Is there a fix other than attaching another antenna?

If you go to the map view, you can verify the location of the KSC transmitter. Look for the big red dot. If it's not on your launch location, you can move it by changing RemoteTechSettings.cfg. Just add a ground station for the Lat/Lon of your launch pad or change the existing one. If your using KerbTown, you should add an entry for each launch site.

I tried doing this by changing the Remote Tech Settings to the coordinates of the current launch site. They are now precisely on top of each other and I still have no connection with the omnidirectional antenna in the stayputnik probe. Is there something else I should do to make the connection?

I am now starting to think that the included Omni in the stayputnik for RT2 is actually non operational. This would explain everything.

Edited by TimeforAction

I am now starting to think that the included Omni in the stayputnik for RT2 is actually non operational. This would explain everything.

I know the other probes connect fine to each other. I think it might be RSS. You know how the orbits display through the ground? Part of the game seems to think the ground is 6000km high, the rest at 600km - like there is a little tiny Kerbin, way below ground, and the orbits are drawing around that. The Kerbin you see on the map is trickery. The game may think the launch transmitter is 6000km underground. Try putting a comm relay on the runway to give your probe something to connect to.

They said the next update of RSS fixes the orbit display. Perhaps that will also fix RemoteTech?

TimeforAction: It's quite possible that built-in omni is non-operational. Try adding an actual antenna and see what happens.

Morden96: huh? The fact that the oribtal line is shown through the planet has literally nothing to do with anything else; there's just a value for how far away from a planet KSP needs to keep doing culling for its orbit lines. RT2 directly queries CelestialBody.radius, which will return 6371km for Kerbin in RSS.

Anyone know how i move KSC to the location of Guiana Space Centre, (5.2372° N, 52.7606° W, Guyanais, BP 726, Kourou 97387, French Guiana)? This seems to be the ideal existing launch site that exists on earth (as far as i can tell) due to its proximity to the equator. I have an idea of how to do so, but would prefer to have some that truly understands this edit explain it to me. My goal is fairly simple o move the launch site (KSC) and the remote tech2 "ground station" to this location. If anyone knows of a launch site directly located on the equator inreal life, please suggest it to me. Thanks alot.

Wonderful work done here!

found it, Farram posted it:

//Guiana Space Centre, ELA-3

PQSCity

{

KEYname = KSC

//repositionRadial = 158200.0, -220.0, -570000.0

latitude = 5.239380

longitude = -52.768487

repositionRadiusOffset = 173 //42.7000007629395

repositionToSphereSurface = false

lodvisibleRangeMult = 6

}

PQSMod_MapDecalTangent

{

//radius = 79637.5

radius = 4500 // KSP: 7500

heightMapDeformity = 80 // was 75

absoluteOffset = 120

absolute = true

latitude = 5.239380

longitude = -52.768487

}

Now who knows the location of "Sea Launch, Ocean Odyssey", the international non-governmental launch site that is near perfectly equatorial located?

Edited by Guest

I think it moves all over the equator doesn't it? As long as it keeps in international waters. I'll try to do it, but it'll probably just be KSC hovering over the sea.

I can live with "hovering", Its unlikely we could have it appear as image below. My main hope is two fold, #1 be on the equator for its obvious benefits to launches & #2 to provide a "real earth" launch site that gives no preference to any one nation's space program. So If its just a hovering "space port island" thats ok.

bkgd3.jpg

Image detailing difference in distance from the equator:

sea-launch-graphic.jpg?w=594

I can live with "hovering", Its unlikely we could have it appear as image below. My main hope is two fold, #1 be on the equator for its obvious benefits to launches & #2 to provide a "real earth" launch site that gives no preference to any one nation's space program. So If its just a hovering "space port island" thats ok.

http://www.sea-launch.com/upload/bkgd3.jpg

Image detailing difference in distance from the equator:

http://nadjejda.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/sea-launch-graphic.jpg?w=594

That would be a fun little challenge in RSS to make.

I have a question though.

I have been trying to get RSS to do the "real solar system" with the planet factory planets but I have had no luck. Kerbin is still very much Kerbin just bigger. No faults in the alt-F2 no crashes.

That would be a fun little challenge in RSS to make.

I have a question though.

I have been trying to get RSS to do the "real solar system" with the planet factory planets but I have had no luck. Kerbin is still very much Kerbin just bigger. No faults in the alt-F2 no crashes.

Are you using the RSS "pre-release" found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt7bh2g4g7...em_v6_pre1.zip (forum forgive me for the repost)? That should give you "real earth" not big Kerbin.

Note i am unsure how planet factory planets would effect this

Edited by Guest

Are you using the RSS "pre-release" found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wt7bh2g4g7...em_v6_pre1.zip (forum forgive me for the repost)? That should give you "real earth" not big Kerbin.

Note i am unsure how planet factory planets would effect this

Probably not, I will give that a try when I get home. Do I install that with the current RSS or just that?

Probably not, I will give that a try when I get home. Do I install that with the current RSS or just that?

Install it on its own, as a new version of RSS. That should do it, on page 199 of this thread i posted all the info i found to get it as earth-like as possible using custom biomes and custom city lights & clouds. Note that all these files were created by others, thank goodness for all their hard work.

Install it on its own, as a new version of RSS. That should do it, on page 199 of this thread i posted all the info i found to get it as earth-like as possible using custom biomes and custom city lights & clouds. Note that all these files were created by others, thank goodness for all their hard work.

Thanks I will definately read over that post and see if I have my stuff installed right and fix it if not.