[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

So due to popular demand, here is a config that changes it to a kerbin-size solar system (real solar system but 1/10 scale). As before, other than Real Solar System, needs Planet Factory, Visual Enhancements, and Universe Replacer.

I have tried but failed to install the Kerbin-sized Solar System. I noticed that on the Universe Replacer map, it says [0.22] compability. Can that be the source of the problem or is there a specific order I need to install the mods in? Or did I miss something in connecting the mods?

Cheers so much in advance for any tip, I can't wait to play KSP with a real-ish world :)

yeah, forget going on a single roundtrip landing mission on jupiter and saturn

Not a big loss, I suppose, given they're both gas giants. :) Really, for those a round trip without landing would've been more useful.

since I started playing with this mod I really wanted to do a single launch, multi-crew mission to Mars. However the payload required for such a mission, even with kethane appeared to make it impossible. The ridiculousness of the launchers required for this stuff is stupendous.

Today it seems much more possible. I never thought I'd be able to launch 90 tons to LEO =D

marsMission.jpg

marsMissionLauncher.jpg

Edited by maccollo

since I started playing with this mod I really wanted to do a single launch, multi-crew mission to Mars. However the payload required for such a mission, even with kethane appeared to make it impossible. The ridiculousness of the launchers required for this stuff is stupendous.

Today it seems much more possible. I never thought I'd be able to launch 90 tons to LEO =D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/marsMission.jpg

Congratulations!

Next step.... Deadly Re-entry :)

(though, re-entry through Mars / Duna atmosphere is a little more forgiving than Earth/Kerbin. Except for the part where you get through re-entry and realize you're still going way too fast. Just thick enough to be a hazard. Not thick enough to slow you down...)

Congratulations!

Next step.... Deadly Re-entry :)

There are two inflatable heat shields included in that payload. One at the front and one at the back for aerodynamic stability :)

MarsERV3.jpg

They are totally OP btw XD They weigh almost nothing and have insane drag. They basically function as drogue chutes for the drogue chutes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/marsMission.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/marsMissionLauncher.jpg

FYI, you could have done this long ago if you weren't so determined on launching a single craft. I built my Mars mission in four stages. Engines+Return Fuel, Transfer fuel which is later jettisoned, habitation, and finally crew. You went to an awful lot of trouble and made a really impossible rocket(impossible by real world standards) just to do something so unnecessarily difficult.

Edited by Razorcane

calkurne, that looks like your video card doesn't support 8192x4096 textures, maybe. Try reducing the size of EarthColor.png to 2048x1024 and see what happens.

maccollo: wow, that may be the largest stock launcher I've seen!

metaphor: bloody impressive, as always. I see you've now added RT2?

metaphor: bloody impressive, as always. I see you've now added RT2?

I did add RT2, but I disabled it halfway through this mission because it was really buggy, whenever I tried to switch vessels everything went white and there were doubled spacecraft after a restart.

Also, video of landing on Mars/Duna:

Edited by metaphor

FYI, you could have done this long ago if you weren't so determined on launching a single craft. I built my Mars mission in four stages. Engines+Return Fuel, Transfer fuel which is later jettisoned, habitation, and finally crew. You went to an awful lot of trouble and made a really impossible rocket(impossible by real world standards) just to do something so unnecessarily difficult.

That, to me, is the whole point of RSS. Allowing myself multiple launches would replace the challenge with tedium.

Altho initially I was actually planning to do 2 launches for my mars mission.I found that acceptable because even the most bare bone mission designs use at least that many. But then I managed to create my super huge launcher and figured that I might aswell do it in one, because the less the better :)

And now I have to complete this mission before 0.24, when my accomplishment will be nullified =P

Edited by maccollo

Um, i found a small problem:

Prerelese v6 with planet factory config

I don't know if that bug has anything to do with planet factory, but the config is for v5.5 and is probably not going to work otherwise. So if you use the v6 prerelease don't use the config. I'm going to update it when v6 hits the front page.

calkurne, that looks like your video card doesn't support 8192x4096 textures, maybe. Try reducing the size of EarthColor.png to 2048x1024 and see what happens.

I remember having this issue when I first launched RSS v6 in combination with visual enhancements (clouds / city lights) or something.

Been some time, can't remember fully, but I'm nearly certain my video card wasn't the issue when I got the red planet issue, more than likely a weird combination of visual enhancement config and/or planet config + RSS config for krag's planet factory.

Took some tinkering but finally got Xichang Satellite Launch Center configured (although I am pretty sure the altitude is wrong) still amazing work Nathan. <iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/DiSz7/embed"></iframe>

7GPlEpK.jpgLnB72qJ.jpg4lSRZ9R.jpghc7cfAU.jpg

can't seem to figure out how to post a imgur film strip (help :) )

Xichang Config File

PQSCity
{
KEYname = KSC
//repositionRadial = 158200.0, -220.0, -570000.0
latitude = 28.246017
longitude = 102.026556
repositionRadiusOffset = -10 //42.7000007629395
lodvisibleRangeMult = 6

}
PQSMod_MapDecalTangent
{
//radius = 79637.5
radius = 10000 // KSP: 7500
heightMapDeformity = 0 // was 75
absoluteOffset = 0
absolute = true
latitude = 28.246017
longitude = 102.026556

Edited by chandawg

I went on better Nathan I deleted all my mods. uninstalled ksp deleted the ksp folder re downloaded form steam, then tryed it with just the RSS 6 to see if I had the same problem... I wondering if my down load might have gotten corrupted some how... wish I had saved my out put log though maybe that might give some one with more programing smarts then me, some clue to what was going on