A new Vendela System idea (expanding KSP possibilities)

Iron4venger

Jet engines working in the upper layer of atmosphere is almost a must - if they did not work, it would be nigh impossible to get away from the planet, as the upper atmospher would take almost all of your velocity away once you reached it. The upper atmoshere would thus reduce the speed that you should move at in the vacuum layer, incurring gravity losses, and you would only be able to start a gravity turn after leaving the upper atmosphere.

Jet engines working in the upper layer of atmosphere is almost a must - if they did not work, it would be nigh impossible to get away from the planet, as the upper atmosphere would take almost all of your velocity away once you reached it. The upper atmosphere would thus reduce the speed that you should move at in the vacuum layer, incurring gravity losses, and you would only be able to start a gravity turn after leaving the upper atmosphere.

TBH a Space Plane would do very well even if jets didn't work in the upper. Kick it straight up from lower to upper and then translate the upwards momentum into lateral and lift. I would have jets work in the upper though with a very very high overheating rate due to the reactivity of Ionized Oxygen.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
I wonder if you can make this in Kopernicus.

Actually working on this (and more)

---

Its has been almost a year since I developed this thing. Good news theres some quite interesting mod packages out there, so you can tweak systems at ease.

Now that Kerbal is making progress to release candidate, I'm reviewing this concept and somewhat expanding it. Let's face it: In terms of scenario Ksp is subpar. Using the concepts here, I'll try to imagine the entire Kerbal System and his bodies as a series of places to go, each with his unique traits. More or less like the real Solar System.

I think this qualifies for a very serious mod, but in the end, I hope some of it would be implemented.

More to come. :P

Edited by Iron4venger

• 9 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.