[PLUGIN+PARTS][0.23] SCANsat terrain mapping

damny

I found a small bug:

When I decouple a probe from an actively scanning ScanSAT ship, the new vessel continues scanning the planet, even without any scanners on board. I found it in 0.22 and it is still here in 0.23. It even works when one of the vessels moves to another body. Imagine my surprise when I repositioned my mapping satellite form Duna to Ike and found that the carrier ship already scanned half of Ike...

I can't see the map anymore neither do my command groups command works, I'm having to click it all individually. Before the update it was working fine. Ps: I do have the Broken Slope Scanner on all my satellites, replaced the Scanner 4 folder with the one from the previous build.

Edited by UnthinkableThinker

I've been using the mod in .23 and looks the same.

I still think the minimized button is too big XD, could you make it smaller, like the one of the kerbal alarm clock?

Agree, even better would be a toolbar Mod integration :

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60066-0-23-0-Toolbar-Plugin-1-2-0-Common-API-for-draggable-resizable-buttons-toolbar

Awesome Mod by the way, it would be great if we could scan for Kethane desposit with it also. ;)

Agree, even better would be a toolbar Mod integration :

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60066-0-23-0-Toolbar-Plugin-1-2-0-Common-API-for-draggable-resizable-buttons-toolbar

Awesome Mod by the way, it would be great if we could scan for Kethane desposit with it also. ;)

But I will add - thank you so much for getting it 0.23 compatible so quickly - my entire approach to career mode in 0.23 after finishing most of the local stuff was to get scanning satelites built to orbit around Mun and Minmus so I can actually find their Biomes.

Now a really huge feature request which would be massively desired: some way to integrate the Bigmap into MechJeb's target selections (the easiest way may be an option to overlay it onto the orbital view map of the body much like Kethane does). If you're like me and enjoy rocket engineering more than piloting sooner or later you'll have mechjeb unlocked for landings - and it would be so much easier if visiting an anomaly or a biome from Orbit could just be a click into the landing auto-pilot instead of a careful attempt to retype a set of coords from a mouse-over (which you can't maintain while typing so you have to write them down somewhere else).

Even if all you add is a "copy coordinates to clipboard" or similar feature so it can be pasted into other plugins ?

Has anyone had trouble with build 5 in 0.23 just not showing the window or button? It's definitely a conflict with something else, since this doesn't happen if I add scansat to an otherwise unmodded game, but I'm having trouble figuring out which mod is the problem.

Has anyone had trouble with build 5 in 0.23 just not showing the window or button? It's definitely a conflict with something else, since this doesn't happen if I add scansat to an otherwise unmodded game, but I'm having trouble figuring out which mod is the problem.

Yep, I'm having the same problem also. Don't know if it's a conflict with a mod, since on Build 4 (0.22) it worked fine for me and I had the same mods that I have now.

I have the same problem, but only in my career game, not in my sandbox game. I have about three dozen mods installed, so I couldn't even begin to guess which one it might be interacting with.

I'm having the same issue. In my case, it's the sandbox mode. I'm running quite a few mods as well.

Edit: I'll check Kethane to see if ScanSat will work without Kethane.

Followup: ScanSat works fine without Kethane installed.

Edited by Desrtfox

Great Mod! I do have one feature suggestion: A highlight function. It can be hard to find some of the smaller Biomes depending on the color scheme. A dialog that lets you select a Biome to be highlighted would be useful. You can also add a slope filter to it (only highlight slopes of xx or less). This would immediately identify good landing sites in the Biome on the map.