[PLUGIN+PARTS][0.23] SCANsat terrain mapping

damny

No, because with an 100x100km orbit I am not in optimal, but I am in range - and the Big Map shows everything I want.

Just this small map isn't showing anything

Sorry my bad your right and when you added the cfg file to add MapTraq to command and probe parts you did click on the probe core and think it open or turn on the maptraq part some times it's the little things that get us.:wink:

O and by the way how do you get that stuff that shows up at the bottom of your post ? where the ribbons are anything there ?

Edited by Mecripp2

This looks to be a great mod, but I'm having a problem. Shortly after liftoff, my ship is torn apart and the camera (seemingly not following any object) shoots off into space with the reentry sound playing. Any ideas?

I had a look at the debug menu and this popped up at the moment it exploded:

[Log]: Packing SCANsat Debris for orbit.

[Log]: Vessel SCANsat Debris was on-rails at 1.0 atm pressure and was destroyed.

If that helps.

EDIT: I removed the mod and this still happens, hmm.

Edited by junkie_business

This looks to be a great mod, but I'm having a problem. Shortly after liftoff, my ship is torn apart and the camera (seemingly not following any object) shoots off into space with the reentry sound playing. Any ideas?

I had a look at the debug menu and this popped up at the moment it exploded:

[Log]: Packing SCANsat Debris for orbit.

[Log]: Vessel SCANsat Debris was on-rails at 1.0 atm pressure and was destroyed.

If that helps.

EDIT: I removed the mod and this still happens, hmm.

Not this mod's bug what all mods you have ? I have had that problem with running far with kw.

I have:

FAR

DeadlyReentry

FASA

KJR

Sovietpack/Americanpack

RO + RSS + RF + Engine Ignitor

KOSMOS

2 Saturn V mods

AIES

MechJeb

KW

CrewManifest

Toolbar thing

some Lionhead stuff

I had this same problem (or at least the symptom was the same) with FAR but it was patched and it worked since then. Haven't had any crashes for months. Also, I haven't added any mods for a while, other than installing SCANsat and RasterPropMonitor simultaneously this evening.

To clarify on my previous post, the ship doesn't come apart as such, but disappears with an explosion sound effect with a wind rushing sound playing. I deleted the files, then reinstalled them, still happened. Then I deleted the new folders, and still the same thing.

You try removing FAR ?? and man how you get all that to run lol you got a couple big mod packs nice. the wind, I would think is FAR sounds but think DeadyReentry had some bugs

you might check to see about any update on it.

EDIT for me KW and FAR does not play nice.

EDIT what is the 2 Saturn V mod ?

Edit You don't have fusebox do you ?

Edited by Mecripp2

I haven't removed FAR, since this problem started immediately after installing RPM and SCANsat. Is SCANsat suspected to have a problem with FAR? I'll give it a try.

I bought some RAM! Though I now have a book next to the computer to read while the game loads everything :/

LoL to funny if there full mods, I don't know how you keep KSP from crashing and this is the first, I seen posted with your problem but, Best guest is FAR sad to say, I seen they updated on the 1-07-13.

EDIT And AIES just updated to but there having problems with landing legs.

EDIT but have seen post about DeadlyReentry and FAR bugs, I broke down and just uninstalled FAR. PS you don't have to uninstall to check just zip the plugin up.

And A mod to try http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67246-0-23-Final-Frontier

Edited by Mecripp2

A question about scanning altitudes. Is it better to be above or below the optimal altitudes? Sometimes I use the ideal altitudes that were computed for ISA (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/27999-ISA-Mapsat-Ideal-and-Non-Ideal-Altitudes?highlight=mapsat%20altitude). For example, if I'm using the Multispectral Sensor on Kerbin, should I use the orbit that's closer to the 250km ideal (249.590km) or one which is higher (257.015km)?

A question about scanning altitudes. Is it better to be above or below the optimal altitudes? Sometimes I use the ideal altitudes that were computed for ISA (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/27999-ISA-Mapsat-Ideal-and-Non-Ideal-Altitudes?highlight=mapsat%20altitude). For example, if I'm using the Multispectral Sensor on Kerbin, should I use the orbit that's closer to the 250km ideal (249.590km) or one which is higher (257.015km)?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/55832-PLUGIN-PARTS-0-23-SCANsat-terrain-mapping?p=929334&viewfull=1#post929334

Hi, I guess I found a bug in your plugin:

wdYw86T.png

As you can see there is small scanned area on the north pole which I couldn't have reached easily. Except when the world would be something like a torus (I guess this would work). It appears that when the scanner is scanning to close to one of the poles it also discovers the area on the north pole if the map was rotated and the bottom is connected to the top.

Please note that the image above is the top half duplicated and then moved to the bottom half to visualize what the bug is.

Fabian

A question and a request:

First the question: Is it intended that scanning Minmus with the Multispectral Sensor doesn't give any sience points?

Okay, forget this question, I just was a bit to impatient :)

And the request: Please make the science reports of the scanners collectable by EVA :), specially because the report is not correctly saved.

I was not able to send the data from minmus to kerbin (hat the wrong antennas with me) and after SOI change on the flight back, the data was gone.

Keep that work up! I love this mod!

Edited by Horman

This mod is excellent, but still needs a little tweaking. Primarily the issue of science management. Allowing reports to be collected from EVA would be a first step and would function as a workaround while a more thorough solution is considered. Toolbar integration would be great, but isn't vital. The interface for the big map is confusing, as it's not clear what each button does or whether or not it conflicts with other active buttons, etc.

All that said, this is one of my favorite mods, and it doesn't crash the game, which is a big plus these days. Hope to see more soon!

Can we add a function to reveal Kethane deposits with SCANsat as the Kethane scanner does not work in the background?

You can added it to the scanners but it still works the same but if you put it on the MapTraq part it will reveal it all but there in big patches.

EDIT if you want to try MapTraq https://www.dropbox.com/s/gl34cl1axcl793q/Add_Kethane_MapTraq.cfg

Edit yes still focused craft because you are still using the Kethane plugin but like, I said if you put it on a scanner work same but if you put in on MapTraq the min you get in range of the scan it shows all as being scanned but the layout of the deposit will be diffrant.

EDIT 2 And on the Intersellar if there scanners as a MODULE for it yes you can add them 2 by editing the file or making a cfg for it.

Edited by Mecripp2

What do you mean "it still works the same"? The only working on focussed craft thing?

That shouldn't be the case should it? my understanding of this mod is that it displays sections of a pre-created image. So I would assume that Kethane will have a data image somewhere of the deposits that SCANsat can hook into and use its own multi sat scanning technique with.

Incidentally related to my question actually, can anyone explain how I can hook the KSP Interstellar resources into SCANsat? There are a series of images for each planet and each different resource so there is a far greater volume of scanning to be done.