KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Tried to run the server on my 64 bit Windows 8 machine. Got this when trying to start hosting:

[13:36:34] Listening for clients...
[13:36:34] Error starting http server: System.Net.HttpListenerException: The pro
cess cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAll()
at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
at KMPServer.Server.hostingLoop()
[13:36:34] Please try running the server as an administrato

I have tried running it as admin. I also tried changing the port to 2077. I ran netstat after that, here's the part with the relevant ports, if anyone get's any info from that.

They seem? to be listening regardless? but i have no knowledge in network stuff.

Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
TCP 0.0.0.0:80 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:135 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:443 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:445 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1025 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1026 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1027 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1028 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1076 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:2077 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:2869 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:5357 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:47985 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:56878 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:2559 N75SF:0 LISTENING

All help appreciated, I'd really like to try this out.

UPDATE: i had my friend try it as well, got the same error on a totally different setup.

Edited by 0bj4ct7

Tried to run the server on my 64 bit Windows 8 machine. Got this when trying to start hosting:

[13:36:34] Listening for clients...
[13:36:34] Error starting http server: System.Net.HttpListenerException: The pro
cess cannot access the file because it is being used by another process
at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAll()
at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
[13:36:34] Please try running the server as an administrato

I have tried running it as admin. I also tried changing the port to 2077. I ran netstat after that, here's the part with the relevant ports, if anyone get's any info from that.

They seem? to be listening regardless? but i have no knowledge in network stuff.

Proto  Local Address          Foreign Address        State
TCP 0.0.0.0:80 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:135 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:443 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:445 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1025 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1026 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1027 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1028 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:1076 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:2077 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:2869 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:5357 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:47985 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 0.0.0.0:56878 N75SF:0 LISTENING
TCP 127.0.0.1:2559 N75SF:0 LISTENING

All help appreciated, I'd really like to try this out.

UPDATE: i had my friend try it as well, got the same error on a totally different setup.

Apparently changing the HTTP port to 8080 solved it, it now works pretty much flawlessly (for an alpha mod).

This (being based on klf) Works TERRIBLE namely UDP disconnected errors and such A person, i know has this problem too

So i ask. Will the above be fixed?

O and also he cant connect to me (says disconnected almost instantly in main menu) . and the other way round On my server

However when someone else hosts it it works

Edited by xxscorpionxx

This (being based on klf) Works TERRIBLE namely UDP disconnected errors and such A person, i know has this problem too

So i ask. Will the above be fixed?

O and also he cant connect to me (says disconnected almost instantly in main menu) . and the other way round On my server

However when someone else hosts it it works

this is Experimental-Alpha Versionso pls be patient with the coder i think he fixes bugs as fast as he can.

I may have missed some information about it, but what about that Jebediah standing outside on Kerbin, 200-300 m away from KSC?

1. I don't know if only a few friends and I have seen him on our server, or if it is there for anyone playing with KMP, on any server.

2. It is normal and intended, or is it the result of a bug?

3. If intented, what it is for (does it help synchronizing new incoming players? Is it used to show a cursor near the KSC to notice if we're in the safe bubble or not?)?

4. Does each player see his own clone of that Jebediah in his own KSC safe bubble, or is that Jebediah the same for all players (i.e., if Player 1 takes control of Jebediah and put him in a rocket to send him on Eeloo because Player 1 is mean, will Player 2 see that Jebediah is not searching mushrooms anymore near the KSC?)?

Thanks!

I may have missed some information about it, but what about that Jebediah standing outside on Kerbin, 200-300 m away from KSC?

1. I don't know if only a few friends and I have seen him on our server, or if it is there for anyone playing with KMP, on any server.

3. If intented, what it is for (does it help synchronizing new incoming players? Is it used to show a cursor near the KSC to notice if we're in the safe bubble or not?)?

4. Does each player see his own clone of that Jebediah in his own KSC safe bubble, or is that Jebediah the same for all players (i.e., if Player 1 takes control of Jebediah and put him in a rocket to send him on Eeloo because Player 1 is mean, will Player 2 see that Jebediah is not searching mushrooms anymore near the KSC?)?

Thanks!

When I join server, and I know there are ships in orbit but cant see them, I hop to jeb and back and now I can see them all. I think it's its purpose there

Thanks!

Its a bug that will be fixed.

So far my server is running fairly stable. Saw one crash so far.

Note to the dev(s) -- if you guys need to do troubleshooting, I have no problem giving you access to my machine via RDP.

Server is 24/7.

k6l8VZJ.jpg

Server: ksp.zone-51.org:2076

http://ksp.zone-51.org:88

Basic Server stock only for now until I figure out how to allow certain add-ons (ie: mechjeb).

You can contact me by Email: [email protected] if you have questions, comments, crash reports.

PS: I put up a first space station called "public toilet space station" -- feel free to add components at will.

Lights would be nice.

Getting this error in the logs:

Happens about once an hour ...

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at KMPServer.ServerMain.hostServer(ServerSettings settings)

Stacktrace: at KMPServer.Server.disconnectClient(Int32 index, String message)

at KMPServer.Server.handleConnections()

Hi everyone.

I am trying to run the KMP-Server on my little Linux-server (CentOS).

When I run the mono KMPServer.exe command this happens:

[16:53:38] Missing (or bad) universe database file.

[16:53:38] Creating new universe...

[16:53:38] Universe OK.

[16:53:38] Hosting server on port 2076...

[16:53:38] Listening for clients...

Commands:

/quit - Quit server cleanly

/stop - Stop hosting server

/list - List players

/count - Display player counts

/kick <username> - Kick player <username>

/ban <username> - Permanently ban player <username> and any known aliases

/register <username> <token> - Add new roster entry for player <username> with a

uthentication token <token> (BEWARE: will delete any matching roster entries)

/update <username> <token> - Update existing roster entry for player <username>/

token <token> (one param must match existing roster entry, other will be updated

)

/unregister <username/token> - Temove any player that has a matching username or

token from the roster

/save - Backup universe

Non-commands will be sent to players as a chat message

[16:53:38] Error starting http server: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Acces

s denied

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind (System.Net.EndPoint local_end) [0x00000]

at System.Net.EndPointListener..ctor (System.Net.IPAddress addr, Int32 port, B

oolean secure) [0x00000]

at System.Net.EndPointManager.GetEPListener (System.Net.IPAddress addr, Int32

port, System.Net.HttpListener listener, Boolean secure) [0x00000]

at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddPrefixInternal (System.String p, System.Net.H

ttpListener listener) [0x00000]

at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddListener (System.Net.HttpListener listener) [

0x00000]

[16:53:38] Please try running the server as an administrator

Has anyone, more experienced with Linux, an idea what could be the reason for the access-denied exception? I have tried running it as root with the same result.

Hi everyone.

I am trying to run the KMP-Server on my little Linux-server (CentOS).

When I run the mono KMPServer.exe command this happens:

Has anyone, more experienced with Linux, an idea what could be the reason for the access-denied exception? I have tried running it as root with the same result.

Have you tried changing http port?

Have you tried changing http port?

I have now :) - I chose a port that was previously used to display a map of our Minecraft (i know..) Server, but is currently not used.

Same result, same error.

Edit: Nevermind!! I was to stupid and changed the server port instead of the http port :) so far no errors!!

Thanks Queril!!

Edited by causito

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.