KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

@salty6924: Science is definitely stored on the server in the kmpScenarios table, the bad news is that it's a serialized ConfigNode type, which means you can't simply edit it on the server.

This is kind of related to shared science thing but this is more simple, Shared science might be a target for 0.1.7.

I've got a friend especially good at coding and compiling and all that craziness. He is working on putting a configurable starting science value in for our server. What you just said is exactly what he told me before i went to bed to leave the coding to him last night :). If he gets it working he mentioned putting the code up for the dev to have a whack at too. Thanks for the reply.

@salty6924: I'm not exactly sure how easy this would be for reals, but it should be simple enough:

Get the one of the clients to construct a science message (it send once every 30 seconds from memory) by using a science point editor (one probably exists), dump the bytes into a file and then get the server to insert that into kmpScenarios when a new client is added.

The reason why I suggest doing this instead of simply editing the science node on the server, is because using the ConfigNode type in the server seems to crash it, which is why my KMPVesselDumper that someone was after was never finished, and why these lines exist for /dekessler.

The upside is you can edit much more than points, you can get clients to start with a certain amount of the tree unlocked. As always, feel free to jump on IRC if you need more info :)

xZise: The good news is that "Error in handling scenario data" bug is fixed in the development version.[…]

This didn't help. I updated the server and the clients, but my friend still gets the error message.

Oh and tokens behave strange. We updated our clients from clean, so it generated a new one. I then set (on the client side) the old one, but I still have to update the GUID in the server. Additionally a player gets added to the database even when it fails because the name was already token. Maybe you should set the player name column to unique.

Fabian

PS: Is it possible to determine the version the dll is using to verify that the correct version was loaded?

Edited by xZise
not so harsh

0.1.6 is pretty bad(as)S, and the development version is getting into a pretty good shape :P

Neither of those were clipped or cut, but as I've got a good handle on how KMP works I know how to avoid some of the problems.

As it appears I have a poor taste in finding music I've left both of the video's mute, so you'll have to listen to your favourite song's while watching them.

I'll also adjust the brightness (aka time warp) before trying to record again too. It's always night when I try to record :P

I'm still working on the vessel issues, but it's starting to feel like I'm trying to trick KSP into doing what I want for me rather than progressively working through what's left. But we're getting there, KMP is getting lots of love :).

That's no guesstimation ;)

Is it in a matter of a week or a month or somewhere inbetween?

At the time of this writing 0.1.6 is 87% complete (72 issues closed, 11 remaining) and has a listed due date of Monday, 24 March 2014. (see list of remaining issues on github).

However to be clear, the due dates for this and previous Milestones have been moved back on several occasions and are not something you should become too attached to. Simply put, even tentative 'guestimation' is very difficult with an iterative project like this.

All issues are not created equal; Some can be fixed quickly if someone sits down and dedicates their time to it, while some others would require considerable more work to complete and need to be tested after each iteration, which makes it effectively impossible to reliably predict how long they will take.

As godarklight said above, on a few of these issues it's getting to the point where it's not just an easy fix, and will require a considerable amount of massaging KSP to do stuff that it is not currently designed for.

I would suggest instead of looking for a date, just keep an eye on the issues that are left on github and how they are progressing. Then you can decide for yourself how much longer you think it might take.

In any case, when 0.1.6 is released officially is I think irrelevant. If you really feel passionately enough about it then you can poke over to godarklight's build server and grab the latest test build whenever a new one pops up. They're generally already far more stable and usable than the current 0.1.5.1 builds, and is also quite easy to set up. You can hop onto the IRC as well if you need any help.

Edited by JohannesMP

I'm well aware the last version come out over 2 months ago, and it would be nice to release soon.

It will be worth waiting a little longer though. Remember how drag racing was a bit janky?. Not so much anymore, this is as fast as these rovers can go:

I'll edit this post when I show off more of my branch.

I'm well aware the last version come out over 2 months ago, and it would be nice to release soon.

It will be worth waiting a little longer though. Remember how drag racing was a bit janky?. Not so much anymore, this is as fast as these rovers can go:

-redacted-

I'll edit this post when I show off more of my branch.

Very nice! What did you do to stop the jerking motions?

Spazer.net Server Update

***** Update 3/16/2014 10:15AM CST ******

The Stock Sandbox Server (SpazerStock01) has been cleared. Sync times had become excessive.

The Stock Sandbox Server (SpazerStock01) no longer allows cheating.

A new Stock Sandbox Server has been added (SpazerStock02)

Me and my friend ran into a issue with KMP. On my windows 8 pc i am hosting a server, and using hamachi to make it work. He installed KMP on his mac and tried to connect, it sais connecting then freezes, at first i thought it was a problem on my side, but we soon realized he coudn't even connect to public servers. And the same thing happend, to make sure it was not just his fault i installed it on my own mac and the same thing happened, is this known and are there any fixes or work-arounds?

Any help is much aprociated

Me and my friend ran into a issue with KMP. On my windows 8 pc i am hosting a server, and using hamachi to make it work. He installed KMP on his mac and tried to connect, it sais connecting then freezes, at first i thought it was a problem on my side, but we soon realized he coudn't even connect to public servers. And the same thing happend, to make sure it was not just his fault i installed it on my own mac and the same thing happened, is this known and are there any fixes or work-arounds?

Any help is much aprociated

We would probably need some more info from your friend there before we can help him. For the record, I personally run KMP on mac and experience no such crashes. What version of KMP is he running? What kind of a mac is he using?

We would probably need to see his Player.log file to see what is causing the crash. He can find it in Macintosh HD/Users/<his username>/Library/Logs/Unity

If he is running Mac OS Lion or Mountain Lion (10.7) or later, his Library folder will probably be hidden, so he may need to follow a guide like this: http://osxdaily.com/2011/07/04/show-library-directory-in-mac-os-x-lion/ - in Mac OS Mavericks (10.9) you can set it as a preference when you have the User folder open, then open the view options (Command+J), and check 'Show Library Folder'.

Once you have the log file, you or your friend can upload its content on www.pastebin.com or www.dropbox.com, and then post the link here so the devs can look at what might be causing the crash.

Edited by JohannesMP

Thought I might show some more of the development version:

Once I get rid of those pesky duplicates I'm fairly confident that would have gone off without a hitch (apart from the velocity issue which I'm fairly confident I have a fix for).

This is the type of accuracy going to be available in the next version:

http://chrisand.no-ip.info:82/kmp/testing/use-orbital-parameters/ (I've improved a lot since the rover video, they shouldn't really flicker like that now).

Also, docking mode is gone. Everything is correctly positioned with better accuracy than docking mode could ever have, which should allow for multi-player rendezvous.

One thing I would also just advise to check is that everything is installed in the correct locations:

mXVVcPim.png

(click for full size)

Just make sure that nothing is out of place.

What version of mac OS is he running?

What version of KMP is he running? have you tried the developer build? (see godarklight's signature)

Lastly just for future reference:

You know, any help would be a̶p̶r̶o̶c̶i̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ Appreciated

I get the following error repeatedly when using the MySQL backend, but it doesn't seem to do anything:

[23:40:33] [info] : Vessel update error: Packets larger than max_allowed_packet

are not allowed. at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.SendPacket(MySqlPacket

packet)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ExecutePacket(MySqlPacket packetToExec

ute)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.SendQuery(MySqlPacket queryPacket)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.SendQuery(MySqlPacket p)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Statement.ExecuteNext()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PreparableStatement.ExecuteNext()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.PreparableStatement.Execute()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior

)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at KMPServer.Server.storeVesselUpdate(Byte[] updateBlob, Client cl, Guid kmpI

D, Double tick, Boolean isSecondary)

at KMPServer.Server.sendPluginUpdateToAll(Byte[] data, Boolean secondaryUpdat

e, Client cl)

I ran SET GLOBAL max_allowed_packet = 16777216 to set the limit to 16MB but it did not make it go away.

Also, when I log out and there is nobody left in the server, it seems to give me a fatal error which crashes the server after it tries to optimize the database but for some reason times out. Is there a way I can disable these optimize database attempts or change some setting to prevent this?

Other than that, in my 2 days of using this, I haven't encountered any other issues yet.

I know the install place is right, its the same as my desktop, and that works. I think we have 10.7 or something, lemme check, scratch that i have 10.8.4, not sure what my friend has but we have the same issue.

I'll try the development build later today

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.