KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

The fatal error I get upon attempting to optimize database is:

[03:02:52] [Error] : Unexpected exception encountered! Crash report written to l

og file

[03:02:52] [Error] : MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Timeout

expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or th

e server is not responding. ---> System.TimeoutException: A connection attempt f

ailed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of tim

e, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection:

A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond

after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host

has failed to respond. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection at

tempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period

of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to

respond

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size,

SocketFlags socketFlags)

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 s

ize)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 s

ize)

at MyNetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at MyNetworkStream.HandleOrRethrowException(Exception e)

at MyNetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.TimedStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32

count)

at System.IO.BufferedStream.Read(Byte[] array, Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadFully(Stream stream, Byte[] buffer,

Int32 offset, Int32 count)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.LoadPacket()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int32& i

nsertedId)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affected

Rows, Int32& insertedId)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior

)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.HandleTimeoutOrThreadAbort(Exceptio

n ex)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior

)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()

at KMPServer.Server.cleanDatabase()

at KMPServer.Server.hostingLoop()

at KMPServer.ServerMain.hostServer(ConfigStore settings)

@RedScourge: The database backend recently got a rewrite (Well it was kind of given a backend) by nevercast in the development version.

The server now also has a "lag detection" method that lets it catch up which will eliminate lag, but most commonly felt as chat lag.

Nevercast is re-writing the network system, but I'm unsure if it's going to make 0.1.6 (I know I've been working on it and all, but you guys shouldn't be getting dropouts in the dev version).

The positioning system is getting a rewrite by me (not in dev but close):

yekroUn.png

SqPQwsv.png

When I figure out what is causing this ever-so-slight position shift it will be ready. I'm aiming for 100% accuracy here :)

XaWkt2H.png

Hello, my friend started a dedicated server and most things are fine, but I have one question.

Whenever I "switch to" his spaceship, especially when he's currently controlling it, all I see is a bunch of jebediahs falling out of space. It says that the ship is currently being controlled, but all I see is this weird event everytime.

Is there a way to like spectate what the other player is doing? I like the multiplayer aspect, but since I keep seeing this issue, is it possible to actually combine spaceships together in space in real time or what? I'm not sure of the functionality here.

Is there a way to like spectate what the other player is doing? I like the multiplayer aspect, but since I keep seeing this issue, is it possible to actually combine spaceships together in space in real time or what? I'm not sure of the functionality here.

Hmm, yeah exactly what you described there is what should happen normally. Switching to a controlled vessel -should- just have you spectate it.

Is his server (and your client) running the latest development build?

Hmm, yeah exactly what you described there is what should happen normally. Switching to a controlled vessel -should- just have you spectate it.

Is his server (and your client) running the latest development build?

No, actually. I just got it from the main post. That would be very useful if this works.

Edited by Electroflux

Couple questions.

When I open the map "M", it works fine, however, when I use the alternate map at the space center (track flights and so forth), the framerate drops so bad I can barely get out of it. Is this normal?

Also, for some reason I can't see the other players debris. I can see them flying almost into orbit and so forth, but I don't see debris anywhere, even my own debris, but he can see it. (i'm hosting the server).

EDIT: Also, everytime I spectate someone, it just says "error handling scenario data" and keeps breaking my game.

Edited by Electroflux

Yes, lag in tracking station is a known bug AFAIK. I have it if there are a lot of crafts.

As for the debris thing, do you mean like on the map or at all? Because in my own (singleplayer) save, I rarely see debris. If you mean on the map, did you try showing debris? (i.e. hover the mouse over where the altimeter is supposed to be in map mode, rightclick the debris icon that looks like a booster)

Well, I couldn't see while I was hosting the server, so what we did was, he hosted one, however, we're both on release build now, not the dev build. I can see debris and I THINK spectating is working, but it seems like spectating breaks or does odd things if I'm trying to watch him play.

@RedScourge: The database backend recently got a rewrite (Well it was kind of given a backend) by nevercast in the development version.

Is there anything I can do to stop these optimize database runs (which are killing the server after the last user disconnects) from happening at all, or insert some nifty line into my MySQL config in the meantime? It's not the end of the world, I just can't have the server stay up without someone connected. That's the biggest problem. The recurring thing regarding max_packet_size or whatever doesn't really seem to be causing any issues as far as I can tell.

@Electroflux: It sure does odd things, The development version has had a lot of work put into it, I've got this going in a custom branch until I feel like it's ready (Which I think it is, just need to test a few corner cases):

@TheTBBD: The only time you should set ipBinding is when you want to restrict it to listen on one address. By default it listens on everything. I think we'll put a warning in when a user sets ipBinding explaining why not to set it :)

The only really valid use case I can think for ipBinding is to have 2 servers on the same machine (that has 2 different IP's) both listening on the same port.

@RedScourge: Fixed in the development version, 0.1.5.1 had a nasty SQL query. Also the development version also detects when it's lagging and skips processing unnecessary messages.

EDIT: And yeah, And I've sped up the initial sync and massively reduced framerate lag (Turns out we don't need to load all those vessels on startup :P)

EDIT 2: More breakthroughs:

Edited by godarklight

darklight: did you fix the camera-resetting-while-spectating issue? In the

it happens a few times, but I didn't notice it in the
at all.

Asking since I've been meaning to make an issue report regarding that. Is that fixed now?

Do these changes also benefit viewing vessels out of spectator mode? Like say, if you had client1 sit on the runway and client2 was flying overhead.

@KvickFlygarn87: Spectate works by using the normal positioning method, but it blocks your inputs and allows the vessel updates from other clients. Aka: You should be able to fly wingman-style now, but you will need 2 players to stay within 2.5km or they will be destroyed (It's a KSP thing).

There's still some weirdness, but in-atmo stuff should at least work :)

KMP: Now with 100% lights, landing gear, brakes, RCS and SAS control, And I even manage to land this time!

The plane freezing is a side effect of vessels being on rails while they load, I hold the vessel updates while they are in atmo, so they apply straight away when they touch the ground. As always, this affects all vessels, not just the spectated vessel.

EDIT: Non-spectate video. There's no sound because they are in space (And not related to my failures of recording in any way):

Edited by godarklight

How's everything going? Crushing bugs, creating awesome features? What bugs have been fixed since the above post?

This information is available on github: https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/issues

I would suggest filtering the current issues by milestone for 0.1.6.0, and sorting them by 'Recently Updated', as you can find here: https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/issues?direction=desc&milestone=5&page=1&sort=updated&state=open

For a list of fixed issues just click the closed' button instead of 'open'.

Most of the work currently is still being done with resolving various positioning issues, specifically regarding issues #436, #509, #659, #731 and #734.

Some good work has been done there, mostly via Godarklight's 'orbit' branch, and we have had some good success with small-scale testing with people in the IRC (see Godarklight's signature). I would say that these issues are probably the core of what still needs to be done for 0.1.6.0.

Just as an example of why it's not quite ready yet, just recently I did some testing and had this problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvHXFPaf6wc

Although that has probably been resolved by now.

@KvickFlygarn87: I'm mainly in bug-crushing mode, features this close to a release are generally a bad idea :P. For 0.1.7 I'm going to look at some type of permissions/groups system for vessels - It's got to be really simple, easy to use, and powerful enough to do what you want - So "war servers" would be better supported (although I'm much more into creatively working together).

If it's of any relevance, During testing we built a mun station together, and we didn't hit the docking bug once. We did however have a shielded docking port that was closed while docked - which was interesting.

@JohannesMP: Because my branch is not in master, many of the bugs that I have fixed are still marked as open (and will be until it's merged). From memory the hit list was 10-15 bugs.

Also I should probably update that git-version file in my orbit branch, b6f... is the latest upstream/master, I've just didn't include the git-version.txt file in my builds :-/

I'm fairly sure I've fixed bug you see within the first few seconds... But only testing will tell :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.