KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

I've encountered a couple of issues:

* When I go to the Tracking Station for the first time, I can select an object and *sometimes* "fly" it, but when I return to the tracking station I can't select anything anymore and the only thing I can do is "disconnect" from KMP and rejoin the server to be active again. Even then, quite often the tracking station will let me select a ship, but clicking "fly" does nothing

* I had two ships docked in space, each with three kerbals on board. When I came back to the game just now, I've found there are three kerbals in orbit along different parts of the orbit on their own (no ship). There is still a ship on the same orbit path, but I can't "fly" it so I don't know what condition it is in (is it still 2 docked ships or has one gone?). I can see the server has done an "optimize database" since I left and rejoined, so I don't know if they got "optimized" as free floating kerbals in orbit.

How do you get rid of the yellow text that comes up at the side. It's always there, and covers from the top to the bottom of my screen, even if I disconnect and log back in. Don't know if it has anything to do with me owning the server or what, but it is extremely frustrating!

...the chat? What do you mean? Can you provide a screenshot?

Hmm. Interesting. Two of the Kerbals that were "in orbit" were named Bill (there was only one in the original missions), and there was still a Kerbal left on the ship, so it looks like Bill got duplicated when whatever bug hit that put them in orbit by themselves.

I couldn't "fly" the docked ships at all from the tracking station, and selecting "switch to" on the orbit map would tell me I couldn't because they had parts that were not allowed. I flew another ship up to rendezvous and I was then able to use the "change to nearby objects" keys "[]" to then switch to the docked ships and control them again. I found however that the docking ports wouldn't give me the option to undock and separate, so the two ships seem to be permanently stuck together.

There is also a Kerbal that went on EVA on the docked ships and is currently sitting in one of those external command chairs. I can no longer get him out of the chair. The only choice it gives me is to do an EVA report, so it looks like he might have a bit of a fun trip down when I de-orbit the ships.

I've encountered a couple of issues:

* When I go to the Tracking Station for the first time, I can select an object and *sometimes* "fly" it, but when I return to the tracking station I can't select anything anymore and the only thing I can do is "disconnect" from KMP and rejoin the server to be active again. Even then, quite often the tracking station will let me select a ship, but clicking "fly" does nothing

I've actually got the same problem on my server. I tried playing with the settings on the server side and removing the NASA mission but no combination offers relief. The tracking station does work if no ships were attempted to be deleted, i.e.: if I launch a ship, I can come back to it as long as no one tried to delete that ship or any other ship. Once one person tries deleting their ship, its broken for everyone.

Dunno if this has been reported before or not. Nearly 200 pages of posts to go through...don't have that kind of time. :)

Server using latest DEV release (Clients too). Only mod installed is MechJeb, but it was doing this before we installed that.

I can be the only person playing on the server and this happens. While in orbit (or transferring to another moon or planet), I get weird gravity spikes (indicated by the slider on the right side of the NAV ball), about every 30 seconds. When this happens, it seems like my ship gets moved in space several hundred meters. This can be a problem while trying to dock (you slam into the thing you're docking with, or bypass it entirely) and while landing somewhere (you suddenly end up hundreds of meters closer to the surface...and WHAM...slam into it).

This have something to do with the universe synching? Or what?

Another huge bug report: Using the latest DEV server / client combo.

About half the time, when I connect to our server, I get to the "Space Center" screen (where you click on a building) and no matter what, I can't get past this area. Clicking on the SPH, VAB, or Tracking Station does nothing. Clicking on the launchpad brings up a window to load a ship and launch, but nothing happens when you tell it to launch. Clicking on R&D gives you the "we're closed" pop-up. But, clicking on the Astronaut Complex works fine. Even clicking on the exit button in the lower right does nothing. I have to use KMP's window, click on "Options" and then "Disconnect & Exit) to leave.

It has become a major chore to try and get past this point, having to disconnect / reconnect dozens of times (sometimes even having to reboot my pc) just to get past this point.

Any ideas?

*EDIT* - nevermind...I see this is a well known bug for this version. *sigh*

Edited by asbrand

I have a problem. The download link (Curse you, curse!) goes to the curse spaceport, which does not have KMP. Could you please provide the link to download, and if this was brought up earlier, Could you link to that? Thanks.

@asbrand: As this is gimp's mod and not mine, I'll leave the uploading for gimp. The release and dev builds will live on my build server though :).

@KvickFlygarn87: I haven't been active at all with KMP since I started on DMP (kidSwift called it), so I'm not too sure myself. I've seen gimp answer questions in #KMP however, so he's not completely missing. It's still completely possible for the mods to borrow parts from each other, so KMP could be revived by anyone wishing to do so (GPL is forever).

@Everyone:

As per the forum's original post, KMP is no longer in active development. Head on over to DarkMultiPlayer.

Without KMP, DarkMultiPlayer would not exist - Not only because of the subspace solution, but also because it provided a great reference, and because I was actually getting burned out with KSP myself until KMP was released.

So long KMP, and thanks for all the fish!

Edited by godarklight

I salute TehGimp for his tactic in mod development.

Unlike most modders, TehGimp didn't announce first and then develop; he developed first and then announced when there was a working version of KMP. That created a lot of hype but also pressure for TehGimp to make a better version until KMP was stable enough. Then he drifted off the project so that other people would continue it and eventually finish it. I wish I had enough self-motivation to have that kind of roadmap. I usually ask if anyone interested in X feature and say I'm making a mod for it. While I'm waiting for people to pay attention to the announcement, I work a bit on the mod and set up the repositories and everything in preparation that people will become interested. I am foolish for wasting time doing those kinds of things.

I think I'll look at TehGimp's Git repository and see what I can learn from it.

I especially like the fact that he mentioned that it's not a hoax, and the first comment on spaceport was "Is this legit?".

My original plan was to release DMP on April 1st - But I missed that date because mod control was just a tiny bit too important...

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to use KMP for the current version of KSP even though it's inactive? Or do my friend and I have to install DMP instead? Where's the download link?

You most likely need to use the currently active project. Since this is inactive, you can consider it out of date and nonfunctional.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.