KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

I think I found a bug! My friend installed everything fine and the Connection settings GUI doesnt open at the main screen for him when he starts up the game. Is it a bug or intended feature? I am hosting server btw so is it host only?

That's either a problem with his install or a bug--try to prod him into reporting it on GitHub if you can, as I'll probably need his KSP log to figure it out if it's a bug.

Okay, I have the server running on Debian Linux.

People can connect and interact without breaking the VPS, this has only 1GB of RAM after all.

However it isn't saving vessels correctly. Anyone run into that yet. Running as a user, this does not seem to require root anymore if you move the http port off of port 80. Ports over 1024 can be opened by any user.

People can connect and interact without breaking the VPS, this has only 1GB of RAM after all.

However it isn't saving vessels correctly. Anyone run into that yet. Running as a user, this does not seem to require root anymore if you move the http port off of port 80. Ports over 1024 can be opened by any user.

RAM doesnt seems to be an issue here. CPU.. kind of is..

3841 root 20 0 161m 107m 2148 S 63.2% 43.3% 15:01.44 mono

Cool, someone finally managed to it.

I have tried this a couple of months ago, and only got vessel manipulation working somewhat properly****tily hacked in. (As in, vehicle positions and speeds were updated on clients, that about it)

But i gave up after that. My lack of knowledge of how the inner game actually works, combined with almost nonexistent documentation and the gigantic list of issues i would have to work around were just too much for me.

I really wonder how you managed to get other people's vessels ingame. I had no idea how to 'spawn' someones vessel, and my testing setup required me to manually load the game with a vessel and moving it from the launchpad, then loading up another vessel for a second player. Then both players could simultaneously play with the vessels that were put there manually(by using the same savefile). I wonder how you solved this?

EDIT: I also really like how you solved the timewarp problem. I had the exact same idea about syncing, and from what i read you implemented this perfectly.

Edited by NeMeSiS

RAM doesnt seems to be an issue here. CPU.. kind of is..

3841 root 20 0 161m 107m 2148 S 63.2% 43.3% 15:01.44 mono

Also worth noting- if you change the http port to one that is above 1024, it might not be necessary to run this as root.

You should NEVER run anything as root unless it is important.

Also worth noting- if you change the http port to one that is above 1024, it might not be necessary to run this as root.

You should NEVER run anything as root unless it is important.

Yeah, I know.

guys are enjoying it too much to take it down right now :)

I sent a ship to orbit, marked it as public, got out on EVA (controling the Kerbal now). I told other players control my ship. They said they can't it says "it's taken or private", but actually it's not. So it can't work in this way?

I sent a ship to orbit, marked it as public, got out on EVA (controling the Kerbal now). I told other players control my ship. They said they can't it says "it's taken or private", but actually it's not. So it can't work in this way?

The ship is public when the button actually says "Public"--is it possible my extra-good UI is just confusing?

I'm having some really massive issues with the connection GUI.

It will let me enter an IP and it will save it, but I cannot select the port to connect to. I can type it in, but it is not saved. Also, if I have entered anything into the username field at any point since I last installed KSP and I try to add a server, the GUI completely stops functioning until I completely reinstall KSP and KMP. Windows 7, all four KSP installs I used were fresh.

I've been having trouble with persistence saving; it seems that all of the spacecraft on a server dissapear when the server crashes.

The server only commits the universe to disk every few minutes for performance reasons, but a server admin can force a save with "/save". Having so many eyeballs on things today has helped iron out many bugs already, so eventually it might even be stable!

The ship is public when the button actually says "Public"--is it possible my extra-good UI is just confusing?

ok, this time it worked! but the ship was jittering all the time, skipping by 100-200m every 2-3 seconds, when I went on EVA things got even worse, I came by the ship and suddenly it jumped 3 km.. In the end, my KSP crashed.

ok, this time it worked! but the ship was jittering all the time, skipping by 100-200m every 2-3 seconds, when I went on EVA things got even worse, I came by the ship and suddenly it jumped 3 km..

This isn't too unexpected if someone else is controlling the vessel--as you get within actual physics simulation range KMP should (attempt to) switch from the less-accurate orbital positioning to "rendezvous-mode" positioning (which is much more accurate but demands a low ping & good performance on both ends to work right).

If you're seeing this happen with a vessel that isn't controlled by someone else, well you've apparently found an extra special bug!

figured out what my problem was.

This has to have both TCP and UDP ports open to work. If you forget the UDP, it will connect but be unable to save vessels or synchronize.

Fixing the firewall has enabled several moderators to begin building a space station.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.