KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

Has anyone gotten this to work with Mechjeb?

I edited "KMPPartList.txt" in place with a shotgun approach and it still says the part is not allowed when I try to launch with the side attached Mechjeb part.

The names I used:

mumech_MJ2_Pod

mumech_MJ2_AR202

MechJeb2_AR202

MechJeb2_Pod

MechJeb 2 (AR202 case)

I've also tried without the last one just incase it messes up at spaces or something. Restarted both server and client.

and has anyone tried Kethane?

Edited by bondematt

Uh... I constantly got this response when i try to launch a rocket:

Can't start flight - Vessel has prohibited parts. Sorry!

while the rocket is just the stock Kerbal X...

plus, i haven't installed any mods on this install of KSP except the KMP itself.

I don't know what's happening...

I played with friends most of the night with my usual KSP installation, but it's full of mods. I've kept using stock parts anyway, but to make things cleaner, I've redownloaded KSP to have a fresh pristine installation for the next time. I have extracted KMP files where they should be, launched the game, added the server, and hit "Connect". However, it won't connect. I end up on the map view of Kerbin, with no KMP windows displayed. What is wrong? KMP is here at the main menu because I can add a server and try to connect. After several trials, I can confirm it works on the same server with my older installation full of mods, the problem occurs only with the fresh install. Are there any plugin dependencies?

There are no other plugin dependencies. If you continue to have trouble with a fresh install, please post an issue on GitHub. Thanks!

Uh... I constantly got this response when i try to launch a rocket:

Can't start flight - Vessel has prohibited parts. Sorry!

while the rocket is just the stock Kerbal X...

plus, i haven't installed any mods on this install of KSP except the KMP itself.

I don't know what's happening...

Please delete the file [KSP]/GameData/KMP/Plugins/PluginData/KerbalMultiPlayer/KMPPartList.txt and see if that resolves your issue. If not, please report it on GitHub. Thanks!

I don't want to start a rumour or anything, but... are there any security issues one should be concerned about with this mod?

Does connecting to a host pose any potential risk?

The source code is available on GitHub for anyone to see. The next version of the server will also remove the need for admin privileges with the default configuration (which can already be avoided by changing the default httpPort to something above 1024).

Gimp, any ETA on the fix for my server destruction powers?

Haven't made much headway on it since I haven't been able to duplicate the issue so far. Just for confirmation, have you had a chance to try a fresh copy of KSP/KMP to be sure it isn't something specific to that current install?

I did re install many times. Could it be my ISP, or Firewall/Anti-Virus?

I can see in your source code, for the client a lack of error messages. Could you at connection, such as handshaking put in a error message for the user? Even a log that spawns in the install directory

Edited by TheCanadianVendingMachine

you should check connection before all

to test it

and throw exception with detailed description what is going on:

1. dns ok, no connect: port error

2. dns error: no internet

etc.

Also, you should have a small app to watch your plugin and ascing to send email to you when crash happens.

If need i can help with it...

But it can be good experience to you )

Has anyone gotten this to work with Mechjeb?

I edited "KMPPartList.txt" in place with a shotgun approach and it still says the part is not allowed when I try to launch with the side attached Mechjeb part.

The names I used:

mumech_MJ2_Pod

mumech_MJ2_AR202

MechJeb2_AR202

MechJeb2_Pod

MechJeb 2 (AR202 case)

I've also tried without the last one just incase it messes up at spaces or something. Restarted both server and client.

and has anyone tried Kethane?

Replace underscore with fullstop as per KSP logs once bound. If unsure check KSP log and look for compiled entry of part. See my earlier post. E.G. mumech_MJ2_AR202 >> mumech.MJ2.AR202

MJ will work but has real fun with warps.

Edited by John.E
Added more info and example

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.