KMP v0.1.5.1 [0.23] [alpha] [inactive]

TehGimp666

@Wilmotron: It sounds like the joystick is still being detected somehow by KSP. Perhaps try rebooting with it unplugged?. It sounds like it has something to do with input locks.

@soulmakerpl: That usually means it's not installed correctly :-/

@YellowDart: The hardcoded error messages do say what mods are missing, but if you are a small group just tell them to use the mod pack you made ;). I made a form of mod manager where it re-arranges GameData and backs up mods in GameData-KMPModControl, it's on my build page. It's helpful for playing on different modded servers - but it's a command line program atm.

@ChronicSilence: Fork https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer, do your magic, then pull request it :). It's handy to jump on IRC where most devs and server operators hang out: irc.esper.net #KMP.

@SCVsUnion: I knew that would happen eventually. I talked to ryan about putting that file in memory but he said it's a good idea to see what config the server has. That file must be changed on the server, the client one gets overwritten on connect.

EDIT: Also note KMPPartList.txt is completely unused now.

@SCVsUnion: I knew that would happen eventually. I talked to ryan about putting that file in memory but he said it's a good idea to see what config the server has. That file must be changed on the server, the client one gets overwritten on connect.

EDIT: Also note KMPPartList.txt is completely unused now.

Thanks for the response godarklight. So my problem is that I'm running the server on the same machine as I'm running the client. If I understand correctly, I need to run the server on a different computer? Or maybe I'm not understanding... :)

Has anyone gotten this to work with Mechjeb?

I edited "KMPPartList.txt" in place with a shotgun approach and it still says the part is not allowed when I try to launch with the side attached Mechjeb part.

The names I used:

mumech_MJ2_Pod

mumech_MJ2_AR202

MechJeb2_AR202

MechJeb2_Pod

MechJeb 2 (AR202 case)

I've also tried without the last one just incase it messes up at spaces or something. Restarted both server and client.

and has anyone tried Kethane?

yes under scores need to be replaced by periods and it is the only the first two that you need so it will be :

mumech.MJ2.Pod

mumech.MJ2.AR202

i have used these names in my server and it works.

i found this info in the "kmp sever" folder in the KMPmodControl.txt file

Because of a few questions regarding the server and mods, I've made a server documentation file, currently work in progress. The final version may contain more or less humor.

https://github.com/godarklight/KerbalMultiPlayer/blob/docs/docs/user/server-config.md

@KvickFlygarn87: Most people have been concentrating on things for 0.1.6, but there's been a few fixes for 0.1.5.1

Probably the most notable for everyone:

Career mode should now work without loosing science points

Something that obsoletes my command line chat program:

Linux users can now type in chat without fear of staging their rockets

And the ton of things gimp does. He will make the changelog when it's released. A release date has not been discussed yet though.

You can always check KMP's pulse if needed :)

https://github.com/TehGimp/KerbalMultiPlayer/pulse

What I would like more than anything else is an easier way to delete ships, every day I have to delete about 15 ships that do not auto delete and I got to enter those super long codes.

5 of us play on the server.

I came to ask the same thing. Any ship that stays in orbit, splashes down, or lands outside of the Kirbin safety bubble continues to reappear after recovery/deletion. Ships where the command pod or probe core are destroyed are removed as normal.

Alright, finally registered on the forums to post in your thread. There goes my anonymous lurker status! I've been able to get just about every mod I've wanted to working correctly...until KMP came along...curses and krakens!

Anyway, I've been experiencing the "lost science" issues in 1.5.0 as well as a lot of random crazy flights showing up on the map. A few observations I've noted, related or not:

1. When I *try* to get this problem to to repeat, it refuses to set me back to first day career mode.

2. It's not only that you lose your science status at the science building, even worse it still keeps track of what experiments you've already completed. This prevents you from getting that first five points just by doing some science on the launch platform. You're totally screwed if you've been to the moon already when it resets!

3. I noticed that while the 'revert' button is missing in KMP, you can still throttle up and get the orange 'space center' button, allowing you to roll back a flight that you botched. It may be coincidental but I found that when one of the three people playing was constantly doing this we had the science building reset issue. After he left I personally didn't have a science reset issue, and I logged in and out a few times to test.

3a. This also seemed to cause a LOT of odd issues with ships not being recovered. If I logged out and logged back on, I could go to the tracking station and see all sorts of crazy things. Three Bill Kermans in orbit around the moon...IN EVA. Ships that were in the future and the past. Random ships on the launch pad. Chaos and mayhem!

Also, we are running the server on a Centos platform, and when I start up I get this error after the /start command:

[23:18:31] [info] : Command Input: /start

[23:18:31] [Error] : Unexpected exception encountered! Crash report written to log file

[23:18:31] [Error] : System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException: SQL logic error or missing database

Failed to initialize logging.

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteLog.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString, Boolean parseViaFramework) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection..ctor (System.String connectionString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection:.ctor (string)

at KMPServer.Server.startDatabase () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KMPServer.Server.clearState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KMPServer.Server.hostingLoop () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KMPServer.ServerMain.hostServer (KMPServer.ConfigStore settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[23:18:31] [info] : Loading universe...

[23:18:31] [info] : Universe OK.

The odd thing is, after the Universe OK statement, I can type /start again and it loads fine. So what's going on here exactly?

Is it safe to assume we should NOT be using the throttle up return to space center work around?

Lastly, I've seen a few posts here and there about 1.5.1 taking care of the career issue, but I see no place to get this. I've been to the github but to be honest it's like I'm Jeb trying to read a flight manual when I'm there. It's all a jumble of mumbo jumbo that I can't follow and I just want to fly my rockets!!! Hahah. So please, if there's a fix for this somewhere explain what I need to do to get it.

download and use the dev version. It solve the problem about science.

http://chrisand.no-ip.info:82/kmp/

Ah! Thanks for that! I remember reading something about his dodgy server, but I thought it was a KMP server that I'd go play on. I notice it doesn't have the all the files in the download, for the server side at least. Do I just copy these files into the 1.5.0 folder and overwrite? The rest of the files stay the same I'm guessing? What about the client side? Giving it all a test right now to see, but thought I'd ask while I'm doing all that.

When I use the dev version, then I always play with both the dev client/server

I recommend that you make a fresh install of both server/client, and that you do not use your old KMP save game so you avoid problems..

Personal I run all dev versions in sandbox mode and avoid career mode. Reason are then all players can use all ships and there are no limited to who have what science or parts/modules.

- Yes you are correct there are maybe missing some files if you compare your "old" version and the new... When you download the server you need to put 3 files in your server folder, and also the very first time you run the server it will create some files. So that is why you see less files than with your old server.

You properbly know the below step by step guide, but in case it can help other people then I write it again ;-)

0). Copy 3 files from Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\Managed

named

assembly-CShard.dll

Assembly_csharp-firstpass.dll

unityscript.lang.dll

Copy them and put in your server folder.

1). right click the server exe and choose run as admin.

2). type either /mode sandbox or /mode career

3). type /start

4). Type /dekessler 10 ( then it will automatic clean up debris every 10 minutes ).

To stop the server type /quit and it will save the data and close the window..

Next time you start the server just type /start and it should work like you left it..

When I use the dev version, then I always play with both the dev client/server

I recommend that you make a fresh install of both server/client, and that you do not use your old KMP save game so you avoid problems..

Yeah, I get that. That's what I've done. What I'm saying is that when I downloaded the dev version it had four files whereas the 1.5.0 release version had many more in the zip. The program wouldn't run if I only used those four files. What I did was extract the 1.5.0 version than extracted the dev version over it. It seemed to work, although oddly it wouldn't run in sandbox mode, only in career.

Edited by Vladthemad
Spelling Correction

@Spider0804/AlchemicalAgent: I commented on that bug report, When I can confirm it I'll reopen it.

@Vladthemad:

1-2: *Should* be fixed in dev.

3: I've noticed that too. I intend to reallow reverting and physwarping, and stopping the "User kicked for being too slow" messages. The time would catch up when you're back on the pad / in flight.

4. Usually that's caught and it rebuilds the database if it's missing or bad. Nothing's wrong after the database exists :-/

My build server isn't actually dodgy, but I just wanted to let the people using it know that things can break in the development version. It sounds like my build script is messing up on the packaging.

You have the right idea updating from 0.1.5 though, for the client you only need to replace KerbalMultiPlayer.dll, for the server you have to replace KerbalMultiPlayer.dll and KMPServer.exe.

hey guys i have a problem sometimes i cant launch any ship in my server idk why... i press the launch button and it just locks up or something... and when i try to launch a ship from space centre from launchpad it does some weird zoom from kerbin... can someone help me pls?

Two i7 equipped computers with 16 gb of ram each, win 7 x64, 1 meter apart from each other, connected directly via LAN cable (1gb/s), no mods, clean install and docking, flying close or even driving by is impossible. I tried fiddling with the settings, most importantly updates per second and it's still like second player's ship has some kind of parkinson ;/, constantly blowing up and ship jumping to hyperspace when ~2,5 km from each other. I know it is mentioned in known issues section, but with my "perfect" setup i cant possibly imagine playing this over hamachi. Either that or I am doing something wrong. I dont suppose that linux x64 kerbal version runs this any better? Is there some recommended server config?

Godarklight, or anyone that might know...regarding the issue where Kerbals show up in odd places on login. Frigging Jeb is on the MUN! Normally I just recover him when he's somewhere on Kerbin when I log in, but um...you can't exactly do that when he's on the Mun. The problem is when this happens those Kerbals aren't usable...so my question is, if I "terminate" him will he be back in the roster if I log out an log back in? I NEEDZ MAH JEBZ!!!!

Edit: Ok weird...I posted that before logging on today, and overnight it appears he's miraculously made his way back to Kerbin without a ship. Is there anything Jeb can't do?!

Edited by Vladthemad

@mnau, does it look like this?:

(Bug #557)

I suspect it's a KSP bug, but it seems to become very common with KMP...

@Vladthemad: I would totally laugh if it's just another player messing with you. Leaving Jeb stranded seems a little odd though... I usually care about my kerbals :). I haven't heard of this bug before...

EDIT: Welcome to the forums matcr

It seems something's up with docking mode, the vessel updates are sent 3 times a second which is why you see jumpyness. However you should see the same thing from both computers, It worked in 0.1.4.2, but 0.1.5 looks like there is a problem with it :-/

EDIT 2: My interim server is up and running again, chrisand.no-ip.info 2076. I'm profiling the server and think I've worked out the source of the lag, but need some actual players to hammer it for a while to see if it breaks :). It's compatible with the release 0.1.5 (I think).

Edited by godarklight

@Vladthemad: I would totally laugh if it's just another player messing with you. Leaving Jeb stranded seems a little odd though... I usually care about my kerbals :). I haven't heard of this bug before...

I take care of mine too. Jeb had made the return to Kerbin in his lunar lander. He just magically made it back to the moon afterward! It seems to be the same glitch that leaves ghost vessels sometimes. I assume it self corrected.

You had mentioned possibly making it so you can revert and possibly physics warp. I had an idea about that. Perhaps make launches in their own instance, not becoming part of the KMP until you have left back to the space center or the ship gets above a certain height? This would let me freely crash and revert repeatedly until I get it right without causing any multiplayer craziness. Don't know if that could be useful, but seemed like an easy and safe way to deal with it and thought I'd share. :)

did i download a wrong thing?

but i can't find a sever nor join any nor create any, WHAT DO I DO?

Everyone has servers and everything, But all those "Servers" Don't even show up.

Either explain why this is happening, Please. Or tell me if im downloading the wrong one and correct me with a link?

did i download a wrong thing?

but i can't find a sever nor join any nor create any, WHAT DO I DO?

Everyone has servers and everything, But all those "Servers" Don't even show up.

Either explain why this is happening, Please. Or tell me if im downloading the wrong one and correct me with a link?

http://kerbal.wlsing.nl/

and I recommend to visit page 1 of this forum tread there is a long list of Faq and a guide ;-)

@Lolaks: Servers don't automatically show up, you would be after the add server button in the main menu.

We don't want to rely on any central server from what I understand, although technically that would be possible to implement...

I put the server list that Peder linked in my signature because of the sheer amount of posting I do on here :)

@Everyone: Just trying to keep you all updated, If we don't skip 0.1.5.1, these are probably the current blockers:

Issue 555, assigned to: godarklight: Constant 100% cpu usage on KMPServer https://github.com/tehgimp/kerbalmultiplayer/issues/555

Issue 577, assigned to: nobody: Unable to terminate ships for good. https://github.com/tehgimp/kerbalmultiplayer/issues/577

If we do skip it, we've got a few things ready to be merged in and some really close:

client-side-priority-splitting: Basically better management of the TCP stream. Talking in chat while uploading screenshots and syncing will work completely fine. Oh... And no UDP dropouts. Ever.

ntp-sync: Instead of getting the user to skip time and get kicked if they are too slow for too long, the game will dynamically warp them (1.05, 1.1, 1.5x) them similar to how NTP works.

toolbar-support: If we like it.

server-side-modcontrol-upgrade: Basically dump the mods in a Required and Optional folder and /modgen will do the rest of the work making a KMPModControl.txt file for you.

As per usual: I would have missed a ton of things. Gimp has avada kedavra'ed the bug with career mode (and many others) so you will be able to SCIENCE!!! with your friends :)

Edited by godarklight

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.