Discount Flags as 'Active Flight'

In my latest career game I did something I hadn't done much before: Planting Flags. Everywhere.

Making history should leave some traces, so I have been marking every important landing with a Flag.

Now my game claims I have 24 flights in progress, while 21 of those are simple flags planted at all kinds of interesting locations.

Debris is not shown as 'Flight in Progress', and only visible in the map view on request.

Can Flags be excluded from the 'Flights in Progress' list? But still show up in the map view on request?

Edited by OrtwinS
some improvements

I think if you click (right-click?) the flag icon at the top of the tracking screen it hides flags from both the list and the map. I don't think there's a way to keep them visible on just the map though.

Would be nice if the game treated them the same way as debris, not counting them as flights (toggleable like debris) but still showing them on the map (separately toggleable).

Edited by JumpsterG

I think if you click (right-click?) the flag icon at the top of the tracking screen it hides flags from both the list and the map. I don't think there's a way to keep them visible on just the map though.

Would be nice if the game treated them the same way as debris, not counting them as flights (toggleable like debris) but still showing them on the map (separately toggleable).

If you toggle it to not show, it shows back up the next time you open the tracking station though. There should be a way to dissable them permanently

Nope, that phrase comes from the age old quote of "let fly the flags of war" .... the flag fly's itself ;)

Not to derail the thread or belabour Supernovy's brilliant pun, but I think the quote you are thinking of is "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war", from Shakespear's Julius Caesar. Flags are definitely flown, albeit metaphorically.

Agreed, every time I look at my list of save files, I have to remember "that 12 current missions doesn't mean I'm doing a lot there that I'm not finished with, it just means I left flags all over where I did do things."

Not to derail the thread or belabour Supernovy's brilliant pun, but I think the quote you are thinking of is "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war", from Shakespear's Julius Caesar. Flags are definitely flown, albeit metaphorically.

No .. its not, this is another quote, i believe that "let fly the flags of war" was an adaptation of Shakespear's original quote from Julius Caesar. The point still stands, the flag fly's itself.

• 2 months later...