Probes dissapearing in a mass radius

I have a big radius of all my probes...And THEY dissapear after a few hours! help! :confused:

I apoligize i just got up when i posted this, But my sattelite probe/station thing, I was pretty sure i had a stale orbit or not moving whatever you call that, And my station, I found crashed debris on my map after a few minutes to at most an hour. and my Sattelite probes dissapeared too, And also i sent up a new station but then it started falling back down again, But my probes we're for SURE not moving when i stopped,Why is my station crashing?

Y8poABq.jpg

Edited by Lolkillalevi
Not understanding

Your graphics unfortunately is too small to read the numbers regarding your orbit.

Generally speaking for orbits around Kerbin, your Periapsis should be above 70km,

as this is the point where atmosphere (officialy) ends.

At altitudes below of this your Probe/Sat/Station/Spaceship/whatever will get slowed down

(which will result in a decaying orbit, finally resulting in a lithobraking even of the station when its periapsis goes below Kerbins surface)

Your graphics unfortunately is too small to read the numbers regarding your orbit.

Generally speaking for orbits around Kerbin, your Periapsis should be above 70km,

as this is the point where atmosphere (officialy) ends.

At altitudes below of this your Probe/Sat/Station/Spaceship/whatever will get slowed down

(which will result in a decaying orbit, finally resulting in a lithobraking even of the station when its periapsis goes below Kerbins surface)

Thank you for clearing that up, How can i make the resolution bigger? I've been on my game resolution of 1200x670 or around that it's 1200x something i know for sure!, How can i do that. Please because i've uploaded 2 different image hosting sites and also imageshack i uploaded in 1600x720 so, there's no reason for that!

zaqx.jpg

My arc is pretty well done? and i can't seem to get it to stop falling!

No matter how high you get, based on your tiny image you are still on a suborbital path - the other end of your arc ends back at the surface of Kerbin, which means that your ship will eventually fall back to the surface. What you need to do is to make a burn 'prograde' once you reach the highest point of your arc until your flight path is a full circle around the planet - You can orient yourself prograde by moving your ship so that you point towards the yellow circular marker, kind of like on this image:

screenshot34x.png

Yeah the arc when the you look at the map, I'll get a snap when i can :)

Arc... are they even in a full orbit or are they in a balistic trajectory? An orbit is a circle around the entire planet

An arc sounds like they go up and than come back down to the planet again. If that's the case, than yes they obviously are removed. They crash into the surface.

On the picture: It's a little to small to see, but it looks like you burn straight up until you run out of fuel. That's a classic mistake, and that is not how you are getting into orbit

Watch this

to learn how to get into a proper orbit
Thank you for clearing that up, How can i make the resolution bigger? I've been on my game resolution of 1200x670 or around that it's 1200x something i know for sure!, How can i do that. Please because i've uploaded 2 different image hosting sites and also imageshack i uploaded in 1600x720 so, there's no reason for that!

Use http://tinypic.com/

Usually a good tip is to first start going straight upwards till around 10km and then gradually lean youre spaceship to the right (i.e. the 90° direction)and to try to aim for an orbit around 100km around Kerbin.

And yep, looking at the large version of the pic, obviously you just went upwards till your fuel was exhausted.

A good source for informations and Tuts can be found in the KSP wiki

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorials

No matter how high you get, based on your tiny image you are still on a suborbital path - the other end of your arc ends back at the surface of Kerbin, which means that your ship will eventually fall back to the surface. What you need to do is to make a burn 'prograde' once you reach the highest point of your arc until your flight path is a full circle around the planet - You can orient yourself prograde by moving your ship so that you point towards the yellow circular marker, kind of like on this image:

screenshot34x.png

Thank you for that, Umm i have been trying post some links of pics but they don't pop up if its a forum where you can see and i can't please tell me! Y8poABq.jpg

EDIT: It works now i have a better screenshot for yah!

Edited by Lolkillalevi
IT WORKED NOW

Usually a good tip is to first start going straight upwards till around 10km and then gradually lean youre spaceship to the right (i.e. the 90° direction)and to try to aim for an orbit around 100km around Kerbin.

And yep, looking at the large version of the pic, obviously you just went upwards till your fuel was exhausted.

A good source for informations and Tuts can be found in the KSP wiki

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorials

Okay, I'm new like i've been saying. But how do i see what km i'm at i only see M and the words : Orbit, Sorry if i'm asking dumb questions :wink:

Okay, I'm new like i've been saying. But how do i see what km i'm at i only see M and the words : Orbit, Sorry if i'm asking dumb questions :wink:

m is the altitude in meters ...

to get the altitude in km just divide the altitude by 1000 (with other words .. aiming for an altitude of 100.000m is usually recommended)

Well, there is Mechjeb which is basically some kind of Autopilot ...

but I wouldn´t recommend to install/use him until you have a very good grasp of the basics

(like orbiting, flying to Kerbins 2 moons, landing on them, returning to Kerbin)

@Godot Mechjeb is the best teacher after Scott Manley. Just set autopilot to land a few times, and THAN try it yourself. Works way better than the other way around

O.K., I agree, if it is not used instead of doing it manually (which IMHO is the greatest danger when using it),

but only to show how it is best done (before trying it manually for yourself) then it can facilitate learning the basics

O.K., I agree, if it is not used instead of doing it manually (which IMHO is the greatest danger when using it),

but only to show how it is best done (before trying it manually for yourself) then it can facilitate learning the basics

And than what? Danger of what? That you become lazy and let the autopilot do it? Manual launches are boring, and mechjeb can do my perform my manouver nodes much better than I can. Why would I struggle with them manually?

And than what? Danger of what? That you become lazy and let the autopilot do it? Manual launches are boring, and mechjeb can do my perform my manouver nodes much better than I can. Why would I struggle with them manually?

My comment isn´t aimed at people who already learned how to do the basics (orbiting, aiming for planets, landing etc.) manually and then use Mechjeb(and/or use Mechjeb as a learning tool), but rather at people who use Mechjeb as a replacement for learning the basics.

Those people might run into problems sooner or later, when an update breaks Mechjeb

and they will have to do everything manually till mechjeb is fixed/adapted to the new version (and they lack the knowledge to do things manually) ;)

It is obvious the launch was nearly straight up. Given the height of that sub orbit, the design should have enough delta V to achieve orbit. Save the use of Mechjeb for building space stations where you need to launch dozens of rockets to the same spot in space. Learn to perform the orbital turn and achieve something approaching a 100K orbit. Turn the SAS on for stability, over ride it with short taps of the WSAD keys as needed to do the turn, and use the Nav Ball to see exactly what your rocket is doing when either in camera view or map mode.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.