[WIP] Mass Relay - Warping all over the place

Molybdene

Heh, yeah, that would be ugly... Another thought: if you're over 2.5km from the relay when you arrive, physics shouldn't kick in for the relay and it should remain "on rails". That might help. Out of curiosity, how far does the relay move?

you are supposed to get at around 1.5 km. it's moving out of control, accelerating with no reason. I'll probably ask for 3km at destination, it's easy enough, it's configurable. just to try.

Is the teleportation code similar to the old ORDA teleport code?

Yep, I see that "kraken" you discribed pretty often. The moment you are getting close to another vessel, and a game loads its detailed data... seems pretty much like a bug to me. Bugs are to be fixed, so maybe you should not fight it. Warping out 5km away from the destination sounds pretty good for me. In general, you may transform this issue to a feature, calling this limitation "just being the economy class of the interstellar travel, 100 science points to unlock the business... sorry, all taken". :D

Drift... under 1500k©

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure this mod will go far (literally) [unless of cause if game updates break it]. I've gone over all previous posts and I still can't seem to see if in a later version if it will be a 'Mass Relay' or a 'Make Your Own Ship With M-R Parts'. Could someone clarify?

Hope it's fixed and best of luck :D

Molybdene got tied down with some other things but is back working on the plugin.

The plugin is completely broken in .23 (It did work before that), but I wanted to at least make the parts available.

Again the plugin does not work and you will not warp anywhere, but you can pretend!

In theory when the plugin starts working you should be able to keep your save games and craft files as the part names and models will not change.

If you would like to pretend it works you can download HyperEdit and when you get to the gate use the lights to turn it on and off (it was the easiest way to have the animation draw power without a plugin, if there is another way I am all ears), and then warp to the other gate with hyper edit.

HyperEdit download-

http://www.kerbaltekaerospace.com/?page=downloads

Mass Relay part file, Extract to your main KSP directory, you should end up with a MassRelay folder in your GameData folder.

Mass Relay Without Plugin Download -

http://www./download/kh808t6fzt7ztv2/MassRelayNoPlugin.zip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cYs5o0dKV3c

All parts draw power, a lot of power. So be prepared to meet that need. If your Mass Relay runs out of power with the lights active it will DIE. So make sure that doesn't happen.

If you just want the part to use the regular animation and not draw power. Open up the "MassRelay_Ring.cfg" file with a text editor from this directory "GameData/MassRelay/Parts/MassRelay_Ring" and change the

resourceAmount = 50000

to

resourceAmount = 0

Well, tied out the new parts, and they are AWESOME looking. Frizzank, these are awesome. I do though, have 2 ideas: Make the warp ring a bit bigger, because there is no way I can fit my craft through that XD and I make mine take double the current electric charge, because when it works, It gonna be a high tech piece of tech, and I think a more eletric needed is easily justified. That is an easy change however, so do it however you want. Again, thanks for the pre-release parts, I'm gonna try to this up onto a station tonight. Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.