Mountainside Falling Through Map?????

Lolkillalevi

Hello, I am fine on the launch pad and everywhere by the KSC, I recently sent some buggys down to rescue jebediah kerman and his crew, I sent them on my mission name: Kerman Dark Side It's to elaborate to explain, But the problem is...They crashed on the mountain side and so i was driving, I noticed when i got out to rescue the crew...I was lagging, And the map was kinda jumping like into me and out of me, I switched to one of the crew members to get them to my buggy, I was walking and then...Suddenly i just fell through the map. So i thought just a bug, Rub that off, But then i tried to get the other guy to my buggy and...He got close then fell down and was getting up and fell through the map! I was like..Okay, So far this mission has been pointless due to this bug i guess, I then presumed just not to jump and speed time get the rest of the guys in the buggy...the leader of the search party (ME) fell through the map, Only 2 kerbals left! What is going on i got the 2 kerbals but...WHAT THE HECK?

kxwetcy.jpg

YpZHHkB.jpg

neW4viJ.jpg

Edited by Lolkillalevi

This is where pictures and or video would really help.

I do not know what you mean by fall through the map. I don't know where you were. Clarification is need.

Once you're able to explain what happened then you can post it in the bug report forum if you like. Also some of us might fly out to where you're having a problem and see if we get the same thing... but we have to know where it is first.

I'm still a little confused. Did the kerbals die? Sinking into the ground a little is normal and happens when the displayed surface and the actual surface don't quite match up. This used to be true for the whole planet but has gotten much much better in recent updates. But such things shouldn't kill your kerbals.

Can you zoom out in normal view and do a zoomed in map view pic?

Well my kerbals don't die but theres a part when they start like flapping their arms and not falling or standing back up and then fall through the map and then it jumps back up and the kerbal plops and turns into dust dieing...I zoomed in so you can see what happens, I was in normal view kinda and it zooms in on me some times.

Okay, Well i can help in that, You know the Spaceplane air line or trail thingy whatever its called its what you launch spaceplanes on, Just go to the end of that not infront of where you would spawn, But behind a spaceplane spawning. My kerbal's crashed a few mountains behind the KSC. So if you get the trajectory or place right you'll be about where i'm at. I'll get some snaps for you to help,

Sq1vbHS.jpg

THE GRAY IS WHERE MY KERBALS CRASHED! IF YOU GO OVER THE HILLS THERE THEY WOULD BE CRASHED TEHRE

Ok... I'm about 4.5Km toward the mountains from the end of the Runway. No problems so far. About how far were you when you had problems?

TtqdZtE.png

Or perhaps you could point to the spot in this pic? Like use paint to put a red dot?

Gzbezmn.png

Edited by FITorion

Yes, But i didn't wanna go through the trouble to re-drive the buggy all the way there (it's about a 10-20 minute drive) F9 basically reloads to launch.

Pressing F5 at any point when your ship is not throttled up will quicksave, which can be loaded by holding F9.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.