Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Linux Mint up-to-date latest version; aborting on initial load; in the log file everything loads correctly until this:

UPDATE: I can get it to load with RemoteTech if "ModuleManager_1_5.dll" isn't in the GameData dir. However trying to switch to the tracking station causes an abort.

I can confirm the exact same behaviour on Debian (though Mint is a Debian derivative, so go figure.) Seems there's something going in Linux installs. This is using the experimental build.

Okay I have been able to get the 0.23 dev RemoteTech2 running without crashing on Linux by copying the file "RemoteTech_Settings.cfg" from an archive of my 0.22 dir. into the dir. "[mainkerbaldir]/GameData/RemoteTech2". I'm testing out the functionality now.

UPDATE: It seems to be working as far as I can tell, I'll have to put up a couple of relay sats. to fully test everything though.

UPDATE2: Okay, first bug: The first three lower right-hand gui buttons don't work and cause an abort if pressed in tracking station mode or in map view on a flight. The fourth lower right-hand gui button for setting relay targets works correctly, the target menu works correctly and targets can be set.

Lines are displayed on the map correctly by default, but trying to change the settings for what lines to display causes a crash.

Edited by frencrs

Ok Cilph, first I would like to thank you for putting up with squads lack of direct informational loops with the greater modding community... we all know why they stopped doing this, those of you hiding your heads, thx a ton. Anywho, please give us a way to include the jet glider(.22 would be great I am not switching till hell freezes) as it was a supreme way of terrain checking for future base landing and mining ops sites. I have tried to edit the cgf's but have issues with loading and wing mirror placement. I'm sorry but I build LSA aircraft for a living and computer language is a direct brain tumor for my old ass.

Thx again for all your great work bud.

As always much thx from Oregon

Ok Cilph, first I would like to thank you for putting up with squads lack of direct informational loops with the greater modding community... we all know why they stopped doing this, those of you hiding your heads, thx a ton.

What happened there?

What happened there?

I'm new to the kerbal community but I'm guessing as the popularity of kerbal rose spammers took advantage of the community having access to a lot the program's inner functionality and created mods that install malware, corrupt players games, etc. or used the access to try to create a knock-off game to sell themselves. Some people are just crappy people that'll take advantage of anything I guess.

What happened there?

What?

I'm new to the kerbal community but I'm guessing as the popularity of kerbal rose spammers took advantage of the community having access to a lot the program's inner functionality and created mods that install malware, corrupt players games, etc. or used the access to try to create a knock-off game to sell themselves. Some people are just crappy people that'll take advantage of anything I guess.

Naww.

If you go back a few pages I posted a link to a 0.23 experimental that at the very least booted. Squad however botched something with ConfigNodes so the savefile stopped working, Ill fix that in the next release.

The way RemoteTech is structured however, you can just delete the plugin and modulemanager files and all the parts remain to build with. Just install the Parts folder.

The experimental 0.23 seems to work fine for me. I started a new game upon 0.23 and already have a working CommSat constellation containing 6 satellites in different orbits with both omni- and directional antenna's.

The only bug I've seen so far is that in map view the lines of communication weren't always visible (haven't seen this repeatedly though).

P.S. I'm using this mod in combination with the following mods (just to show there's no incompatibilities):

Toolbar Plugin

B9 Aerospace with Text Reduction Pack

BoulderCo Texture Compressor

CrewManifest

DeadlyReentry

DockingStrut

EditorExtensions

Kerbal Engineer Redux

EnhancedNavBall

FerramAerospaceResearch

Haystack

Keramzit Procedural Fairings

KerbalJointReinforcement

KSPX

KWRocketry with Text Reduction Pack

MechJeb2

MultipleSavesDA

NavyFish

PreciseNode

RealChute

RLA_Stockalike

SelectRoot

TACLifeSupport

Kerbal Alarm Clock

KSPInterstellar

Squad Texture Reduction Pack

Edited by kalizec

If you go back a few pages I posted a link to a 0.23 experimental that at the very least booted. Squad however botched something with ConfigNodes so the savefile stopped working, Ill fix that in the next release.

The way RemoteTech is structured however, you can just delete the plugin and modulemanager files and all the parts remain to build with. Just install the Parts folder.

Ah... Must've missed that...

Well I've had a problem with staging ceasing to work mid-flight, but I'm not 100% sure it's RT's bug, wasn't able to track it down yet.

Is this happening at around 3000m, and are you using probes, or a kerbaled pod? I've been doing a career mode with the experimental RT2 Cilph posted and have gotten into orbit with it (with a kerbal under control of course).

Is this happening at around 3000m, and are you using probes, or a kerbaled pod? I've been doing a career mode with the experimental RT2 Cilph posted and have gotten into orbit with it (with a kerbal under control of course).

Thank you, but I'm not new to RemoteTech or RT2. By "wasn't able to track down" I meant "couldn't reproduce it in stripped to bare minimum environment", so it may be some mod interop issue which will be a pain in the arse to track.

Thank you, but I'm not new to RemoteTech or RT2. By "wasn't able to track down" I meant "couldn't reproduce it in stripped to bare minimum environment", so it may be some mod interop issue which will be a pain in the arse to track.

Ahh gotcha. Sorry didn't mean any offense by it. :) (like the image in your signature by the way lol)

So far I've got:

toolbar plugin (as required by some other mods I have)

quantum struts

kerbal engineer (as well as the all parts plugin)

enhanced navabll

KAS

procedural fairings

sensor reporter for kOS

KAC

KerbCam

Kethane

kOS

docking port alignment tool (by navyfish)

and obviously RT2

I haven't tested them all yet, but so far I haven't had any problems, after getting the ones that have updated anyway.

This is the only mod I have, and the game still doesn't load parts. Any fixes?
Yeah, the mod makes anything that works with it to get stuck on game loading...
If you go back a few pages I posted a link to a 0.23 experimental that at the very least booted.

Its not working for me, installed the experimental, starts loading (squad screen) and just stops at about 3%.

I did have the hotfix that someone put together working... except it was causing strange collision mesh bugs where bits of rocket floated through other bits!