Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Stopped using Remotetech a little while ago... loved the models and the premise... Just too much work to keep relay sats in a stable configuration.

However, since I've started using hyperedit to stabilize orbits, I may go back to using Remotetech after .24 hits.

What I'd like to see is a constellation planner for Mechjeb and/or other auto-pilot or piloting guide. Hmm... how active is the coder at Mechjeb anyway... I loved the resonant orbit maneuver calculator, perhaps an extension of that might be possible to put a sat into a stable synchronous orbit?

First, let me say, "Thank you!" for such an awesome mod. The new game play mechanics totally add to the game. I just found the computer control screen and I can't wait until my probe gets near Moho to see if I can get it inserted into orbit. It'll be even better when I have a Jool mission and I try to program controlled descents. I predict much litho-breaking and it will be magnificent, I am sure.

I noticed, though, that the control of the craft, if you leave RCS enabled, is rather inefficient and tends to burn monopropellant really quickly. I think I read that you had implemented a proportional controller to for flight computer. For a proportional control on the rotation angle, though, I can see how the flight computer will start fighting itself to keep on a specified path. I would like to suggest that you instead, provide a control signal based on rotation rate with a decent dead-band around the set-point. I think this could help avoid the RCS system fighting itself all the way through a turn and burning off way too much monoprop.

LOVE the mod.

Thanks again.

Help! I set up a satellite network on the mun to go with my kerbin network, but it wont connect to other connected satellites at kerbin! It only connects directly to mission control. What do I do? (see this video to see what i mean :
) not an advert for my channel just i need help to save the series :P

Have your Kerbin satellites target a dish at the Mun. From your video, it looks like all your dishes are pointed at Kerbin.

Help! I set up a satellite network on the mun to go with my kerbin network, but it wont connect to other connected satellites at kerbin! It only connects directly to mission control. What do I do? (see this video to see what i mean :
) not an advert for my channel just i need help to save the series :P

You need two vessel with dish, long enough, mutally pointing at each other... in order to establish a connection...

Or pointing at the celestial body they are orbiting and is within the cone range of the on-board dish that is pointing at it...

And space centre is passive receiving and transmitting, so you dont need to configure space centre to point at someone.. all you need is just fire your signal to the space centre and everything will be fine... (And yeah, Kerbin DOES rotate...)

Stopped using Remotetech a little while ago... loved the models and the premise... Just too much work to keep relay sats in a stable configuration.

However, since I've started using hyperedit to stabilize orbits, I may go back to using Remotetech after .24 hits.

What I'd like to see is a constellation planner for Mechjeb and/or other auto-pilot or piloting guide. Hmm... how active is the coder at Mechjeb anyway... I loved the resonant orbit maneuver calculator, perhaps an extension of that might be possible to put a sat into a stable synchronous orbit?

It's not that hard to put a satellite into a stable synchronous orbit. I have a constellation of 5 right now and they've all held position for a very long time.

The real trick to making sure they would last was using Kerbal Engineer to ensure they had a 6 hour transit time on their orbit. So while the exact distances between the satellites goes up and down since all their orbits are a little different, they can still always stay in radio contact.

I am very new at this but your mod seems awesome. Trying to use Realism Overhaul with all associated mods. I am trying to build the most basic rocket right at the beginning of the RPL tech tree. This would be a stayputnik on top of a stretchy tank with kerelox and an A4 engine. The stayputnik has an omnidirectional receiver. On the launch clamp I am getting a connected signal but as soon as the launch clamp releases I get a no connection signal.

What do I have to do to get a connection? Without it, I cant deploy parachutes etc.

I am certain that I am doing something wrong that is really basic, so can a patient person help me out?

EDIT: Apparently tracking station is out of range of the probe in RSS, even just after launch, so an additional RT antenna is needed.

Edited by TimeforAction

I am very new at this but your mod seems awesome. Trying to use Realism Overhaul with all associated mods. I am trying to build the most basic rocket right at the beginning of the RPL tech tree. This would be a stayputnik on top of a stretchy tank with kerelox and an A4 engine. The stayputnik has an omnidirectional receiver. On the launch clamp I am getting a connected signal but as soon as the launch clamp releases I get a no connection signal.

What do I have to do to get a connection? Without it, I cant deploy parachutes etc.

I am certain that I am doing something wrong that is really basic, so can a patient person help me out?

EDIT: Apparently tracking station is out of range of the probe in RSS, even just after launch, so an additional RT antenna is needed.

As Cliph said, KSC should have a range of 75,000

A couple of things to check:

1. Are you using the Reflectron DP-10 (the only omni antenna that won't break off during launch)? If you're using another antenna, did you turn it on by right-clicking on it in either the VAB or the launch pad?

2. I'm not familiar with RSS, but I think I heard that it moves your launch site. If you go into map view, is the red dot (RemoteTech's location for KSC) anywhere near where your rocket is?

EDIT: If your launch clamp is working, it's probably not #2. But you might check anyway.

Some where there is a rescale on the range of RT2 parts you can try this please try on new game https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/RT2_RSS.zip

I don't have a problem connecting when I add an antenna to the stayputnik. I have a big problem if I don't do that. I even moved the track station so it is exactly on my launch pad but still no connection unless I add an antenna to the stayputnik. KSC should easily have the range to connect to the omnidirectional (even before I moved the tracking station to the launch pad) so why will it not connect?

The connection is green when attached to the launch clamp but not otherwise. The stayputnik has an omnidirectional antenna, always on, built into it.

I suppose the obvious answer to this is the omnidirectional antenna in the stayputnik is actually non operational. That would explain everything. It actually says in the parts menu:

Technology Perk

Integrated Omni: 3 km (pretty sure this is a typo and it means 3 Mm)

always on

I guess this is not working.....

Edited by TimeforAction

OK fair enough. I have the tracking station on the launchpad and I still get no connection. What's going on?

Does it look like this ?

@PART[probeCoreSphere]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleSPU

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive

TechRequired = unmannedTech

OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER

{

PacketInterval = 0.3

PacketSize = 2

PacketResourceCost = 15.0

}

}

}

and if your using RSS the OmniRange = 30000 but even at 3000 you should get a connection.

Yes. This is under Remote Tech Squad Probes

Here are the Remote Tech Settings:

ConsumptionMultiplier = 0.1

RangeMultiplier = 10

ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2

SpeedOfLight = 3E+08

MapFilter = Omni, Planet, Path

EnableSignalDelay = False

RangeModelType = Additive

MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0

ThrottleTimeWarp = True

DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1

OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1

ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1

GroundStations

{

STATION

{

Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488

Name = Mission Control

Latitude = -0.021324

Longitude = -74.48444444

Height = 75

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

}

}

Edited by TimeforAction

Did you get it to work TimeforAction ? I use the older 1 here is what it looks like.

MissionControlRange = 7.5E+07

MissionControlPosition = -0.1313315,-74.59484,75

MissionControlGuid = 5105f5a9d62841c6ad4b21154e8fc488

ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2

MissionControlBody = 1

ConsumptionMultiplier = 1

RangeMultiplier = 1

SpeedOfLight = 3E+08

MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Planet, Path

EnableSignalDelay = True

RangeModelType = Standard

NathanKell_MultipleAntennaSupport = False

ThrottleTimeWarp = False

as you can see there alittle diffrant but, I'm not running RSS.

Edited by Mecripp2

This might sound stupid, but how do I stop antenna from snapping off at launch?

I deploy, launch, get to about 2500m and antenna snaps off. Craft shuts down till the integrated antenna gets in range, but, it's much too late...

I am using FAR.

public.php?service=files&t=2f4806e7cfd976385a4e83fb307c6a8a&download

Edited by SSSPutnik

This might sound stupid, but how do I stop antenna from snapping off at launch?

I deploy, launch, get to about 2500m and antenna snaps off. Craft shuts down till the integrated antenna gets in range, but, it's far far too late.

I am using FAR.

You cannot have those antenna's deployed while mashing through the atmosphere

Use the DP-10 dipole (500Km omni / default on) to cover the connection requirement until you're higher in the atmosphere (it doesn't break under pressure) and can open your main antenna without it being blasted off by the airstream

Edited by NoMrBond

Hi guys,

I've been using RT2 with the duplication hotfix for quite some time now in my mod-heavy interstellar quest like game. I've recently started to encounter more and more lockups and game crashes when entering the tracking station, even when directly going there after loading the game. I've turned off RT2 to be able to continue playing. As I really like the mod, does anyone else encounter this issue, and is there a fix I can try?

Cheers,

ATuinhek

It's a bit of a mystery to me why it happens, but it seems established by now that RT2 is playing into this.

Just reporting that I have struck this too. Twice my heavily modded careers have reached this point and it does occur at around 30 or so active vessels. The tracking station lock-up rapidly eats RAM as reported before. I have tried to perform a diagnosis to determine if another mod is involved with RT2 "playing into this" but found nothing to point a finger at. It's indeed a mystery. My Player.log (Linux, non-steam) contains no errors or exceptions (besides a few Kethane ones well documented as harmless ). If anyone finds a fix it would be great to hear. Love RT2; I would uninstall any other mod if I knew it would help.

Hopefully the next release will sort it. Thanks Cliph, keep up the great work.

Is there any way to change the target of the dish when not connected? You used to be able to do that, not anymore that I know of. Any fix?

nope once u lose contact u dead cant change it till it reconnects