Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

hi have a noob problem, in almost every capture im seeing an options menú, like face some object with your antenna. i CANT put that menú on screen guys. i need some help

Do you mean this menu?

http://i.imgur.com/fFXd6lV.jpg

It's the button on the lower right corner, visible on that picture as a green-ish yellow button with an image of a dish on it.

Hey y'all, I made a quick tutorial vid for the flight computer. C&C appreciated.

(Still "Processing" at the time I made this post, not sure how long it will take and I've gotta go to work. If it doesn't work, come back in a little while!)

Hello everyone, I seem to have a problem with RemoteTech 2. I downloaded the latest version from the Space Port. My problem is, I can't seem to set up a proper Relay Network. One of my three satellites works as intended, but the other two don't properly relay.

This is my network. It's far from perfect, but the satellites should see each other.

0oG5zIk.jpg

This is what my satellites look like.

fLOjfhI.jpg

Now, connecting a remote controlled vessel ('Munar Lander I') works via 'Chatterer I' which sits (roughly...) above the space center.

HripNab.jpg

However, connecting to 'Chatterer II' doesn't work. 'Chatterer II' has one satellite dish directed at 'Chatterer I' and one at "Active Vessel". On it's own, 'Chatterer II' is fully functional via 'Chatterer I'.

ytDxzk8.jpg

So, what is going on here? Am I doing something wrong here or is there a bug? Apart from RemoteTech 2 I am using the Mods Deadly Reentry, Kethane, Interstellar, Engineer, Ferram Aerospace, KW Rocketry and TAC Life Support.

PS: Sorry for the image heavy post, I can't figure out how to spoiler out the images...

Hi,I think I may have a bug..

I just installed RT2 and I'm new to remote tech in general..Trying to understand the basics,but I can't find any guides or anything..But I'm pretty sure it's not normal that i can get a probe to 538 983k and still have signal with no antenna on the craft?

Can anyone here help me get started? This mod is what I've been waiting for Ksp!!! Thanks for the good work can't wait to enjoy it

SCREENSHOTS:http://imgur.com/a/gg5SR

I just installed RT2 and I'm new to remote tech in general..Trying to understand the basics,but I can't find any guides or anything..But I'm pretty sure it's not normal that i can get a probe to 538 983k and still have signal with no antenna on the craft?

Can anyone here help me get started? This mod is what I've been waiting for Ksp!!! Thanks for the good work can't wait to enjoy it

SCREENSHOTS:http://imgur.com/a/gg5SR

There are a few posts that offer some insight on making things work, just have to sift thru pages to find them. Rumor has it that there is a guide being written and being put on github, but eta on that is unknown.

If you are using parts from mods, they may not have been added to the RT2 family.

Open the .cfg files in RT2 folder and copy a section for a pod, change the name in the copied section to the one you want to add.

Hi

Having some problems with Flight Computer and Mechjeb Fighting over(i presume its them anyway), ive had a browse through thread but any fixes for it any1 know off? Would love to get it working nice n smooth without having to remove either of em. Would be much obliged thanks.

Now, connecting a remote controlled vessel ('Munar Lander I') works via 'Chatterer I' which sits (roughly...) above the space center.

However, connecting to 'Chatterer II' doesn't work. 'Chatterer II' has one satellite dish directed at 'Chatterer I' and one at "Active Vessel". On it's own, 'Chatterer II' is fully functional via 'Chatterer I'.

So, what is going on here? Am I doing something wrong here or is there a bug? Apart from RemoteTech 2 I am using the Mods Deadly Reentry, Kethane, Interstellar, Engineer, Ferram Aerospace, KW Rocketry and TAC Life Support.

Request for additional information: What is the Chatterer 1 connecting to? Connections must be two-way.

I'm guessing Chat-1 targets active ship and KSC/Kerbin (or is KSC via omni? not that it matters in this hypothesis). Which is why Chatterer 2 works on it's own via Chatterer 1. You need a connection from Chat-1 towards Chat-2 as well if you want to use Chat-2 as a relay to bounce the signal to Chat-1 when chat-2 is not the active vessel.

Edited by Sacred Aardvark
*gasp* ... I messed up a quote. Also "and and".

I'm having problems with connections as well

But mine seems different. I have 3 satellites in orbit, each with 2 dishes and one omnidirectional antenna

Each of the satellites is configured with 1 dish pointed to kerbin and the other pointed to active vessel and its omnidirectional active. Now this works fine for the satellites themselves, but probes I send out into space won't work when I point their dish to kerbin, it only works when I point it directly at one of the other satellites

If you are using parts from mods, they may not have been added to the RT2 family.

Open the .cfg files in RT2 folder and copy a section for a pod, change the name in the copied section to the one you want to add.

Thank you so much! This worked :)

Off building a network now!

I'm guessing Chat-1 targets active ship and KSC/Kerbin (or is KSC via omni? not that it matters in this hypothesis). Which is why Chatterer 2 works on it's own via Chatterer 1. You need a connection from Chat-1 towards Chat-2 as well if you want to use Chat-2 as a relay to bounce the signal to Chat-1 when chat-2 is not the active vessel.

Ah, that is probably it. I'm gonna check tomorrow if that is what I did wrong, but until then, consider my mistery solved. Thank you!

Each of the satellites is configured with 1 dish pointed to kerbin and the other pointed to active vessel and its omnidirectional active. Now this works fine for the satellites themselves, but probes I send out into space won't work when I point their dish to kerbin, it only works when I point it directly at one of the other satellites

Quickie before heading to bed:

Cone angle large enough?

Quickie before heading to bed:

Cone angle large enough?

I... don't know, how can I find out? The dish on the satellites is the big one that reaches out to Duna, the one on the Probe is the slightly smaller one, the circular one that folds in

Career Mode

All included parts have been integrated in the stock technology tree. Have fun! As an extra, once you unlock Unmanned Technology, all probes will feature an integrated 3km omnidirectional antenna at no cost. Science transmissions can only be done with the antennas that have a direct link back to Mission Control. (Not Command Stations!)

Someone better tell NASA quick.... they've been relaying science data through the orbiters....

Someone better tell NASA quick.... they've been relaying science data through the orbiters....

I haven't actually tested this, but if I were a gambling man, I'd bet that he only meant separated command stations (AKA 6 Kerbal outposts) with no link to back the KSC. I'm almost certain it's possible to relay science through communication satellites, as long as they, or whatever they connect to, has a link back to the KSC.

So is it possible to land on interplanetary bodies (particularly those with no atmosphere) with high signal delay? If so, how? While I certainly enjoy building up my network of satellites, I get the feeling that the signal delay will too punishing due to a lack of "autopilot" for slowing down, keeping balance and landing.

I... don't know, how can I find out? The dish on the satellites is the big one that reaches out to Duna, the one on the Probe is the slightly smaller one, the circular one that folds in

The 2nd button from the left in the lower-left corner will turn on the cones in map view. It'll appear like a connection line, but there'll be two - one on each side of the target.

Please take a look at the dishes stats. Keep in mind that Minmus orbits Kerbin at about 40 Mm (Mega-meters - 1,000,000 m) - to reach Duna you need quite some Gm (Giga-meters - 1,000,000,000 m).

Rule of a thumb: The longer the range of a dish the narrower its cone - unlike the omnidirectional antennas the dishes can only connect to either a. one other vessel targeted directly or b. any vessel orbiting the targeted planet/moon and inside the cone.

As the cone is really narrow on the long rang dishes, the satellites around Kerbin will most likely not be inside the cone most of the time, at least until you are further away.

So is it possible to land on interplanetary bodies (particularly those with no atmosphere) with high signal delay? If so, how? While I certainly enjoy building up my network of satellites, I get the feeling that the signal delay will too punishing due to a lack of "autopilot" for slowing down, keeping balance and landing.

Landing on anything without an atmosphere is a challenge. You could set up maneuver nodes, the last on right above the surface to go for a suicide burn just before touch down and then burn up at a throttle setting that might let your probe land slow enough to survive. To time all this right, to get the right throttle to cushion the landing and to null all horizontal movement ... yay. :)

I think this will only really work after KOS integration, when you can define altitudes etc.

Landing on anything without an atmosphere is a challenge. You could set up maneuver nodes, the last on right above the surface to go for a suicide burn just before touch down and then burn up at a throttle setting that might let your probe land slow enough to survive. To time all this right, to get the right throttle to cushion the landing and to null all horizontal movement ... yay. :)

I think this will only really work after KOS integration, when you can define altitudes etc.

I see. Any way I can disable signal delay until then?

When you mouse over the part in VAB-parts list it should show the cone angle and the range of the dish. (possibly also in the right click menu of the antenna after launch, not sure). And like someone mentioned you can get a visual indicator in the map view from the buttons in the lower right corner.

But basically anything longer than DTS-M1 (45 deg) or KR-7 (25 deg), such as the Communotron 88-88 (0.06 deg) which I think you are using on the probe, will have such a narrow cone that inside Kerbin system planetary targeting won't hit squat and direct targeting is required on such dishes. :)

Haven't ventured outside the Kerbin system with RT myself yet, so can't comment on how far out the 88-88 becomes useful for planetary targeting. (and I cba doing the trigonometry :P (okay I lied, though wasn't paying attention and didn't double check the numbers, but I think the 88-88 has a cone as wide as Kerbin around 1Gm distance and GSO around 6.5Gm. Don't quote me on that though ^_^ )

I have a big problem - whenever I try to launch with the first antenna and activate it, it simply breaks off during launch.

Is this possibly because of Deadly Reentry or something?

EDIT: It's not Deadly Reentry. I tried deleting it but the antennas still break off regardless.

Edited by theSpeare