Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

I used 4 satellites, launched in one piece (screenshot 1 below). I wanted them to be on a circular orbit 700km above Kerbin. And here is where the science comes in - how to get them spaced equally apart ? With a little calculation, I came up with an orbit - apoapsis of course 700km (and above Space Center to provide connection) and periapsis 246.25km. The first satellite, after launching in apoapsis and circularizing its orbit to 700km, goes 3/4 of its orbit when the stack of other satellites reaches its apoapsis again to launch another satellite. So after a few passes, there are 4 satellites on circular orbit spaced equally apart.

And for those who don't want/know how to do the math you can use my spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An8NcugzRlWpdFBsNHd6N21qdUZVUGpyYmlDRjRyb3c&usp=sharing

You'll just need to make a copy to edit it (file menu)

Okay, I've got a small issue: for some reason the remote_tech settings CFG doesn't appear to be generating, idk what's wrong, it's just not there. (I'm using the latest version btw)

Mess with the remotetech buttons in map view. It'll generate the cfg.

I understand this may be a super stretch. Was trying to run RT2 with KMP and im having some very weird issues with getting signal to probes. Namely i can trace a continuous line of omnis from my mapscanner to my 4 kerbosync relays to ksc... but I cant control the vessel. (yes i own it and yes it has power) If anyone has any ideas on what may be up would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry if I've missed a discussion on this, but are there any plans to add a command unit? I'm desperately looking for a 3.75m guidance unit for my large cargo rockets.

Also, for some reason, after installing RT all my rockets automatically cut their thrust shortly after launch. Is this a bug or a feature?

Edited by Bobe

They're probably cutting out at three km when the built-in probe antenna goes out of range? Try including the 500km omni (reflectron k14?) on your craft, the one that defaults on and doesn't break off under pressure

Sorry I'm on my phone so I can't look up the exact name

They're probably cutting out at three km when the built-in probe antenna goes out of range? Try including the 500km omni (reflectron k14?) on your craft, the one that defaults on and doesn't break off under pressure

Sorry I'm on my phone so I can't look up the exact name

Ah I see, makes sense. I'll look into that once I've actually figured out how to stop this rocket from wobbling.

So I have a 3-way geosynchronous satellite setup at 2868,75 km,

a single one at 300km and I was trying to launch a new one with a dish for missions to mun and minmus.

When I decouple my core I de-orbit the rocket with some solid fuel boosters.

When I try to go to space center or anything else, I just get the blue screen.

Mouseover reveals there is something to click on, just not visible.

http://imgur.com/iwhJZIg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8uUoTgcUlQuNHJGbnZyZGJHdjg/edit?usp=sharing

This is the last quicksave I have before it fails as described above.

Other mods are mechjeb, engineer redux, KW, B9, Dealy Reentry, Novapunch.

No mechjeb was used in any craft in this save.

I would love to get some immersive setup of satellites as I explore the solarsystem,

but so far ever single time this "bug" has prevented me to do so.

Restarting doesn't fix it :/

Otherwise, another dozen hours this game have been fun for me,

all thanks to your mod.

EDIT: I found out what is the root action:

When I decouple, i also fire those solid fuel boosters.

But I also switched active ships to that deorbiting rocket-part.

When switching back the error takes place.

When I disregard that section of my setup, everything is fine.

Edited by RHodeidra

Sorry if I've missed a discussion on this, but are there any plans to add a command unit? I'm desperately looking for a 3.75m guidance unit for my large cargo rockets.

Also, for some reason, after installing RT all my rockets automatically cut their thrust shortly after launch. Is this a bug or a feature?

KSP Interstellar has a 3.75m one. RT2 does not recognize any modded command units, though. You'll have to add them to the Squad probes config if you want them to work like remote control command units.

Don't forget to add a dish and activate it (connect with an overhead satellite) or add the diplole antenna. Regular probe bodies have a 3km antenna embedded inside, which is why you can launch, but lose contact after 3km. The dipole has a 500km range, which should take you to LKO. Just ensure that you have some satellites in LKO as well.

Just come back to this mod after a couple months playing 100% stock. Gotta say, I'm really liking it, good job. Had loads of fun mucking about with the flight computer (which is a load better). Being able to set action groups to run after a set time as well as orientation and burns is really nice. I was able to circularise, adjust orbit, deploy payload and then de-orbit the delivery module all as preset commands and I just sat back and watched the mission run. Even cooler was I'd switched to the deployed payload as the time came to deorbit the delivery module and it continued to follow its instructions even thou I was not focused on it. Very cool.

I'm a bit unsure of the function of the buttons that appear in the bottom right, is there a help doc/wiki on those?

Just come back to this mod after a couple months playing 100% stock. Gotta say, I'm really liking it, good job. Had loads of fun mucking about with the flight computer (which is a load better). Being able to set action groups to run after a set time as well as orientation and burns is really nice. I was able to circularise, adjust orbit, deploy payload and then de-orbit the delivery module all as preset commands and I just sat back and watched the mission run. Even cooler was I'd switched to the deployed payload as the time came to deorbit the delivery module and it continued to follow its instructions even thou I was not focused on it. Very cool.

I'm a bit unsure of the function of the buttons that appear in the bottom right, is there a help doc/wiki on those?

The wiki seems to be under construction.

For the four buttons at the bottom right corner of the screen, they should be:

Show/Hide active communication route.

Show/Hide dish cone angle indicators.

Switch communication types you want to display: All, Omni only, Dish only, None.

Show the communication config dialog of the current vessel.

The wiki seems to be under construction.

For the four buttons at the bottom right corner of the screen, they should be:

Show/Hide active communication route.

Show/Hide dish cone angle indicators.

Switch communication types you want to display: All, Omni only, Dish only, None.

Show the communication config dialog of the current vessel.

ah, that makes more sense now!! Cheers!

When I try to go to space center or anything else, I just get the blue screen.

Mouseover reveals there is something to click on, just not visible.

http://imgur.com/iwhJZIg

I didn't think I'd find someone else with this issue but I'm getting the exact same and believe I've boiled it down to RemoteTech2 sadly - going back to using 1.2.7 and the quickfix is fine, 1.3.3 seems to break the camera for me in the same way when either loading in, switching to, or docking with (Sometimes. Quicksave before docking, reload and dock again and it might work, might need a restart, no consistency I could determine). With docking, when first occurring the camera seems to just list off to one side of the ship, losing focus, with no response from any controls. If I switch to a ship, before the docking error or after (if the controls/haystack lets me), it might display that blue screen with sounds of travelling insane speeds through atmo or switch successfully. Speed shows 0.0m/s, All the markers are lined up on 90deg together on the navball. It's as if the "ship" I am controlling is landed on a point sized object that is fixed in space... If that makes sense! Occasionally if I return to space center when this has occurred, all of that too is gone and the surface-less blue screen shows up (eerie with the bird sounds still...)

I tried to get some logs of what is going on but I'm not sure where to look - is there an output log file to be found if there is no "crash", or would anything else help identify the issue? I can upload/supply more info for tracking this one down if it helps.

Loads of mods here too, I have tried latest and latest-1 versions of most to narrow this down and nothing from them seemed to affect the frequency of it happening:

000_Toolbar (v1.3)

B9_Aerospace (latest, with updates to included plugins)

DeadlyReentry (v4.1)

Engineer (latest and latest-1)

EnhancedNavBall (latest)

ExsurgentEngineering (from B9, manually updated for 0.23)

FerramAerospaceResearch (12.3 and 12.4)

Firespitter (just the plugin for B9, from latest Firespitter pack)

HexCans (from KSPI)

HrmHaystack (0.2.2.19)

KerbalJointReinforcement (1.51 and 1.6)

Kethane (0.8.2)

KineTechAnimation (from B9 pack)

KSPX (0.2.5)

KWRocketry (2.5.5 and 2.5.6)

MechJeb2 (2.1.1)

NavyFish (latest)

Protractor (latest and latest-1)

ResGen (from B9 pack)

SafeChute (latest)

SCANsat (b5)

Squad

ThunderAerospace (FuelBalancer and LifeSupport, both latest)

TreeLoader (latest, from KSPI)

TriggerTech (Alarm Clock and ARP, both latest)

WarpPlugin (0.9.2)

...and ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll, toolbar-settings.dat.

Thanks again for an awesome plugin Cilph!

Edited by pasty2k2
Wrong KW version, more information on experiences.

1A6B28710AD9DBD442CA2C34B53EBC8BBED5179E

Can someone tell me why can't I control my unmanned probe despite having a connection?(the one in the middle) is this a bug? I have full electricity

edit: nevermind, one of the relay probes run out of elec :)

Edited by lyndonguitar

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/452909420380225648/1A6B28710AD9DBD442CA2C34B53EBC8BBED5179E/

Can someone tell me why can't I control my unmanned probe despite having a connection?(the one in the middle) is this a bug? I have full electricity

I'm having this exact same issue. I find that when my satellite around the Mun has a direct connection to the KSC then I get an active connection to my probe, but only then.

Doesn't look like you have a connection, you just have a dish pointed at it. Does the relay satellite have a directional antenna on it pointed back at your probe?

Doesn't look like you have a connection, you just have a dish pointed at it. Does the relay satellite have a directional antenna on it pointed back at your probe?

I found the culprit, one of the satellites in the four-sat relay network ran out of charge. thus breaking the network