Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Is there some sort of technique I'm missing out on?

Any dish can be set to target an Active Vessel. That way it will automatically target a ship you are currently controlling, so you only have to point one antenna manually.

soooo.. if i want to connect kerbin, minmus and the mun... and have longrange comms too:

1) get some sats into kerbin orbit. one of the big omis for local communication, one small dish pointed at the mun, one small dish pointed at minmus and a bigger one at active vessel

2) some sats in munar/minmus orbit. one big omni for local comm, one small dish pointed at kerbin.

.. would that work?

i am currently testing this configuration with 3 sats in munar orbit. but i have yet to unlock the big omnis for the final configuration.

soooo.. if i want to connect kerbin, minmus and the mun... and have longrange comms too:

1) get some sats into kerbin orbit. one of the big omis for local communication, one small dish pointed at the mun, one small dish pointed at minmus and a bigger one at active vessel

2) some sats in munar/minmus orbit. one big omni for local comm, one small dish pointed at kerbin.

.. would that work?

i am currently testing this configuration with 3 sats in munar orbit. but i have yet to unlock the big omnis for the final configuration.

That's pretty much what I'm doing, except with some additional dishes pointed at Eve and Duna. It should work fine.

If the 1 pointing at kerbin stays in contact and stays in omni with the other sat, if your new to RT2 if u land a manned ship on the side of mun facing kerbin forgot what the dish name was the flat looking stick 1 it has a wide DishAngle of 45 it will cover 1 side of Kerbin at all times, but u would have to keep it in contact with ksc.

That's pretty much what I'm doing, except with some additional dishes pointed at Eve and Duna. It should work fine.

thanks.

yeah.. for comms with other planets i'd have to include more dishes. or add one or more new sats into the kerbin network. as long as everything stays in 5Mm omni range, it should be fine.

If your new to RT2 and have trouble you can try this if you like Telemachus mod has 2 parts, I just took the parts out and put the in ksp/part , and made a cfg to added them to RT2

NZEtK5u.png the 1 antenna as omni range to reach minmus from kerbin you can try.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24594-0-23-Telemachus-%E2%80%93-Telemetry-and-Flight-Control-in-the-Web-Browser-%282013-12-18%29

and th cfg https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/RemoteTech_TelemachusAntenna.cfg

Here is new build (madadam+JDMJ fixes) 1.3.3 fixpack 2:

RemoteTech2_2014.01.08.22.30.zip

I don't think you need to use my fix suggestion if you're using madadam's fix. I was trying to get this caching feature working as is (it seems that it should be used carefully in border conditions: creation/destruction, load/unload, enabling/disabling physics for vessels, including timewarp), and he just disables it, probably fixing everything in the process. :D

I have no idea where to start with this one. I just ran into a nasty little bug.

I have 3 IP probes that I'm managing with Alarm Clock. All three have the AIES dish pointed to "kerbin" and I have 3 polar comsats with the same AIES dish pointed at "Active Vessel".

When I swapped back to my Moho probe and restored the next manuver node the AIES dish got set back to it's "Deactivated" status with no target assigned. (I know this worked previously because It's executed 2 nodes prior with the dish connection.

There is nothing in my outputlog as far as error's go, it simple set the dish to deactivated and of course I can't re-activate it.

Update: Figured out how to edit my persistence file to get the dish back on and re-pointed . But this same bug happened again. All I did was multiple switches to different vessels in the map view. I never went back to space center, just vessel to vessel in the map. (switch vessel). I'll try next by swapping by going back to the tracking station each time and see

Edited by rottielover

Am I the only one experiencing sas/mechjeb unable to completely stabilize craft in space(not mostrous one, small and with sas in CoM) after using that last hotfix dll? It keeps shaking a bit like a pendulum =\

Am I the only one experiencing sas/mechjeb unable to completely stabilize craft in space(not mostrous one, small and with sas in CoM) after using that last hotfix dll? It keeps shaking a bit like a pendulum =\

Either download last development version of MechJeb (not that one from main link - one from GitHub i think) or just disable signal latency in RT config, that worked in 0.22 as fix for problems with throttling.

I have no idea where to start with this one. I just ran into a nasty little bug.

I have 3 IP probes that I'm managing with Alarm Clock. All three have the AIES dish pointed to "kerbin" and I have 3 polar comsats with the same AIES dish pointed at "Active Vessel".

When I swapped back to my Moho probe and restored the next manuver node the AIES dish got set back to it's "Deactivated" status with no target assigned. (I know this worked previously because It's executed 2 nodes prior with the dish connection.

There is nothing in my outputlog as far as error's go, it simple set the dish to deactivated and of course I can't re-activate it.

Update: Figured out how to edit my persistence file to get the dish back on and re-pointed . But this same bug happened again. All I did was multiple switches to different vessels in the map view. I never went back to space center, just vessel to vessel in the map. (switch vessel). I'll try next by swapping by going back to the tracking station each time and see

What mod is AEIS from? Might check that mod... not remotetech 2 dish.

What mod is AEIS from? Might check that mod... not remotetech 2 dish.

AIES is its own mod by Carmics, it has a fantastic probe/dish collection and many nice parts. I love the landing laser.

There is a ModuleManager.cfg for enabling the dishes for RemoteTech2, not sure if that's been updated though for 1.4.3 though as it sounds like it's giving people some issues.

Edited by NoMrBond

I just installed and nothing seems to load on my existing save. There is a red dot over the KSC on the map and the GUI options are there on the bottom right but no new parts were added and I can still control my unmanned vehicles w/o antennas. However when I start up a pre-existing sandbox game the parts do show up.

Is there something extra I need to do to get this working?

Thanks!

what RT did u install or check to see if u have all the files in the RT2 folder should have like 5 cfg files and 3 folders and make sure u only have 1 ModuleManager_*** in the hole KSP/Gamedate dir.

think this is the 1 most are use now http://www./download/dncc8qu44t30a90/RemoteTech2_2014.01.08.22.30.zip

should something like RemoteTech_Antennas.cfg RemoteTech_MechJeb.cfg RemoteTech_Squad_Antennas.cfg

RemoteTech_Squad_Probes.cfg RemoteTech_Settings.cfg

Edited by Mecripp2

So, apparently you can no longer retarget or deploy antennae on a craft that is uncontrolled? This is a problem for me, because I have probes that are supposed to aerobrake - I have to retract all their long-range antennae, and I need to be able to redeploy it again.

Also, is there documentation anywhere for the config file? There are several options in there that I'm not sure the effects of, such as 'RangeModelType'.

Edited by macdjord

So, apparently you can no longer retarget or deploy antennae on a craft that is uncontrolled? This is a problem for me, because I have probes that are supposed to aerobrake - I have to retract all their long-range antennae, and I need to be able to redeploy it again.

Deploy an orbital relay on the way in and bump its trajectory a bit so it'll remain viable until your main craft has made landfall, remember to include the 500km atmosphere capable dipole/omni on your descent craft to keep connection with the orbital relay until you hit the ground at which point you can deploy the crafts own main antenna before the temporary relay goes out of range (or burns up itself a bit later)

[Edit] I don't think the dishes (excluding the GX unfolding one?) break under atmospheric pressure either, so those could work too?

Edited by NoMrBond

There is a 500km omni for comm in atmosphere

You can use the flight computer and with a custom delay to deploy antennas after you land using action groups.

There are also dishes at each tier that don't break in atmosphere.