Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Mmmm... It does sound rather nice, tough I think I have found a solution. The Lack Luster Labs Communotron 64 is a REALLY large Omni antenna with a 5Mm range, but I do forsee a problem in getting these things up in a aerodynamic fashion

EDIT: Is that pack compatible with KSP Interstellar mod?

Edited by guto8797

Mmmm... It does sound rather nice, tough I think I have found a solution. The Lack Luster Labs Communotron 64 is a REALLY large Omni antenna with a 5Mm range, but I do forsee a problem in getting these things up in a aerodynamic fashion

You could just edit the communotron16 range.

Edit you in a career game ?

EDIT that last file, I up will get all in the command pod part but if they have antennas they will more in likely have to be added.

Edited by Mecripp2

yep I am in career mode, tough I will not edit the range, I will have to make it do or do without :)

Thanks you for your help, but i dont think NovaPunch adds antennas.

They pretty much just had the antenna on the thorlanderRCS block.

I had also noted that that antenna didn't require connection and I totally didn't use that in my Early campaigns to my advantage :D

Thank you for your help, I'll just not use that RCS block (with so many good alternatives) and I will be fine. The only reason I needed this is that I am deploying my ComSat network, based on a launcher with three M38 Unoccupied Guidance things instead of the Stayputnik because they are way easier to stack.

Is it possible to add small onmi antennaes for kerbals on eva ?

Have seen this asked before , but no answers.

It looks like EVAing kerbal is "[kerbalEVA]" part , but it's not just an ordinary part , I can't add antennaes like on stock probes (ModuleRTAntennaPassive) via remote tech config files.

However there is vanguard mod , which adds parachutes to kerbals , and it does so via dll.

Maybe someone already tryed to add onmi for eva ?

Is it possible to add small onmi antennaes for kerbals on eva ?

Have seen this asked before , but no answers.

It looks like EVAing kerbal is "[kerbalEVA]" part , but it's not just an ordinary part , I can't add antennaes like on stock probes (ModuleRTAntennaPassive) via remote tech config files.

However there is vanguard mod , which adds parachutes to kerbals , and it does so via dll.

Maybe someone already tryed to add onmi for eva ?

If you use KAS you can set it up to be able to add the small antenna (non animated) on EVA. There is a conflict between that mod and this one where adding this with any animated antennas cause the animation of deployment / extension to no longer function.

That launch vehicle looks amazing!

May I ask what parts you used to build that homemade launch clamp at the bottom?

The hold-down clamps are FASA parts, as is most of the launch vehicle (using Titan missile parts).

The clamps are modeled on the real Atlas hold-down clamps and fold back when released:

AHstuC4.jpg

lg3mwhK.jpg

I thought the scorch marks on the inner side was a nice touch. :)

Edited by RoboRay

Well that might explain why I haven't encountered it, I haven't used KAS parts on my satellites. So basically, KAS and RT can co-exist, but can not cross paths.

So you don't have the Squad antenna's on any of your vehicles? Those are KAS parts. KAS + modulemanager makes them KAS parts because it ties them together. I'm guessing you're actually using a minimum of Squad parts in your play, at least the ones KAS changes.

Edited by BigD145

Hey guys, a small bug report:

1. A lander made of lander can and a lab lands on a planet. One kerbal is in the can flying the thing, another in the lab.

2. Some experiments are taken and brought to the lab. Both kerbals are now in the lab (noone at the controls).

3. Guess what - lab is staffed, but can not do a thing, as noone is controlling the craft. Now is not that superlame?

BR and hope there is a reasonable fix to this issue.

The lab can't control the vessel, you need to put a kerbal in the lander can.

wrong

the lab CAN control the vessel (perhaps i am wrong, but i have a lab+sample processor in orbit WITHOUT a command pod in orbit; so either of the two DOES control the vessel)

but it doesnt provide torque

you either have to stick an reaction wheel or some RCS thrusters on it.

You would have to have a probe core on it, @lammatt and if AnatolyVasserman doesn't have a core on the lab then he can't or if the lab is connect to the lander can he can't, You try driving from the trunk and tell me whats superlame lol.:D

wrong

the lab CAN control the vessel (perhaps i am wrong, but i have a lab+sample processor in orbit WITHOUT a command pod in orbit; so either of the two DOES control the vessel)

but it doesnt provide torque

you either have to stick an reaction wheel or some RCS thrusters on it.

I haven't tried the lab but I know the hitchhiker can't and the KSPI lab can't so I assume the stock lab also can't.