Now-defunct-thread-that-should-not-appear-in-google-search.

Cilph

Um, it's not that it doesn't create them AFAIK. It just doesn't create it until you change settings. So go into tracking station and click to change the view filters. That should create the file.

I just tried this, but no luck, no setting file created.

Put the old setting file back in RT2 folder didn't help as well.

Here are the log files : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3ijgidfck9o83sg/Dr6UFU4RkW

It shows some line like this :

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

RemoteTech: An error occurred while attempting to save: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

;)

@Alvargon @peadar1987

Did you try this version ?

Here's an experimental 0.23 release. It includes features that were only half implemented so the flight computer, node execution etc might still have bugs. I disabled the mapview focus switcher for now.

-snip-

Added tweakables support for the antennas - you can turn them on in the VAB now.

Edited by KasperVld

Yeah, mine crashes when it tries to load the Giga dish. Huge pity, because I love this mod, hopefully it'll be back up and running soon

To this day no one has given me the log output for when that error happens. It only happens to some as well.

RemoteTech: An error occurred while attempting to save: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

Investigated. Squad broke stuff and caused an infinite loop in their own code.

Edited by Cilph

To all those with crashing problems: do you have Interstellar installed? I have had a report of RT2 crashing the game with Interstellar but not without.

Well, I don't have Interstellar installed and don't have crashing problems with RT2. Idk if that helps

(The only issue I'm having is the ~textures~ part models are failing to load. It still recognizes my comm networks and lets me point the dishes...)

Edit: Okay so I went ahead and downloaded Interstellar with RT2 and it crashed when loading the gigadish. Now to see about getting a log to send to Cilph...

Edited by Rabble
Correction

To this day no one has given me the log output for when that error happens. It only happens to some as well.

Happened to me as well. There was no error message it just did the infinite hang thing when loading the part. Happened with v.2.7. I d/led the experimental version and it worked just fine.

Where would that log be and is there a way to force create one if it happens again?

Well, I don't have Interstellar installed and don't have crashing problems with RT2. Idk if that helps

(The only issue I'm having is the textures are failing to load. It still recognizes my comm networks and lets me point the dishes...)

Make sure the textures are in GameData/RemoteTech2/Textures.

Thanks! Actually, I just checked it and RT2 is working fine. (Also, it was actually the part models not loading. Whoops... I'm guessing one of my 34 other mods was causing a conflict before they'd been updated to handle .23.

I installed the new version and at least the game isn't crashing anymore. But it seems like the omni-directional antennas aren't working like they're supposed to. They still create a direct connection to KSC if it's in range and I have a free line of sight, but they don't connect with each other anymore. I had 2 identical satellites in orbit, both equipped with a Communotron-32. Both had a direct connection to KSC, but when one of them lost the direct connection it didn't connect to the other satellite that was only 150km away and still had a connection to KSC.

Have KSP hang when loading Gigadish also. KSP.log repeats error stating:

[WRN 09:36:45.577] File 'E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/..//GameData/RemoteTech2/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg' does not exist

[EXC 09:36:45.650] StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

[EXC 09:36:46.330] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This is a fresh install of RemoteTech 2 (never installed this mod before) with the 1.2.7 from Spaceport downloaded today.

Have KSP hang when loading Gigadish also. KSP.log repeats error stating:

[WRN 09:36:45.577] File 'E:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_Data/..//GameData/RemoteTech2/RemoteTech_Settings.cfg' does not exist

[EXC 09:36:45.650] StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.

[EXC 09:36:46.330] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This is a fresh install of RemoteTech 2 (never installed this mod before) with the 1.2.7 from Spaceport downloaded today.

You need the 0.23 compatible experimental at minimum. 1.2.7 is not 0.23 compatible. Also, I have traced that issue to a screwup by Squad.

EDIT: Mods removed it for "not including the source code".

Here is the link again: http://epsilonzero.nl/downloads/RemoteTech2_2013.12.18.21.39.zip

Source code is available in the same github repo as the main release.

Edited by Cilph

I have been looking for but have been unable to find the link to a complied experimental version. Every link I have seen has been removed. :(

Your edit went up as I was writing :) If there is another source for it I'd be more than happy to try it.

Edited by JeffreyCor

I have been looking for but have been unable to find the link to a complied experimental version. Every link I have seen has been removed. :(

Indeed,ok it looked fixed yesterday now I'm bk to what was going on yesterday

Linux Mint up-to-date latest version; aborting on initial load; in the log file everything loads correctly until this:

[ERR 15:08:44.221] Cannot find a Module of typename 'ModuleRemoteTechSPU'

[ERR 15:08:44.221] Cannot find a Module of typename 'rbr_chatterer'

[ERR 15:08:44.241] MechJeb module MechJebModuleRoverController threw an exception in OnLoad: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at MuMech.MechJebModuleRoverController.OnLoad (.ConfigNode local, .ConfigNode type, .ConfigNode global) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MuMech.MechJebCore.OnLoad (.ConfigNode sfsNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[LOG 15:08:44.281] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'FusTek/Parts/KarmonyUtilModule_Adapter/part/KarmonyUtilModule_Adapter'

[ERR 15:08:44.301] Cannot find a Module of typename 'ModuleRemoteTechSPU'

[ERR 15:08:44.301] Cannot find a Module of typename 'rbr_chatterer'

And this is the last line in the log before the abort:

[LOG 15:08:47.478] RemoteTech: ModuleSPU: OnDestroy

UPDATE: I can get it to load with RemoteTech if "ModuleManager_1_5.dll" isn't in the GameData dir. However trying to switch to the tracking station causes an abort.

Edited by frencrs
Update on cause