Riddles

vexx32

Ohh... I found it on the minecraft forums. There was a person there named... wait for it..... vexx32! I assume it was you. You (If it really was you) posted the exact same riddle on the mc forums and I found the official answer there too. It seem as though (Again, If it was really you) were giving out minecraft gift cards. Now I shall think harder! I shall figure it out! (Sorry for the slightly off topic post, thought that was cool) (And I really thought I found it) EDIT; I keep having ideas for the answer, and then I read it again, finding something that makes no sense, for example; OH! It must be wife! *rereads Everything makes sense except the cloaked in darkness part, and the fact that is a non physical object. On to more thinking! This is really fun though. EDIT 2; Getting closer, broke the riddle down into base components! That helps a ton. You make great riddles and games, vexx!

Nope nope nope :D
Edited by minimuffin

I agree with Starwhip. This one is fun, but it would be nice to start up the train again to keep this thread going. It is up to you, oh moderator. You are an epic mod, all of you are. You seem to frequent the games section too. If you do give this one up, please give us the answer to this one.

Yeah, I suppose we can bring this one back in ten rounds or so when you've had a bit of a chance to think outside the box some.

He who makes it, knows it. He who takes it, knows it not. An honest man who knows it, gives it not.

What is it?

This is one of my ol' riddle buddies best ones, ehehe. Simpler, but more tricksy. Let the games begin!

EDIT: I changed my mind. I'll give you the answer after all. It was faith. Let me know if I have to explain the riddle out any :)

Ehehe.

Not quite. An honest man may quite easily give bad advice without actually being dishonest. Merely because the advice is bad does not imply sinister or dishonest intent; it could merely be a complete lack of better advice to give.

Is it "Poison"?

Nope. Honest men give poison to people all the time. In practically non-existent doses. :P

is it lies

Of a sense, I suppose. But the wording implies a concrete object. You might tell lies to someone, but giving a lie to someone... just isn't quite the same, y'know? On the right track, though! :D

Oh, nice!

Alright, I can't guarantee that I'm either as clever or as silver-tongued as vexx, but I'll take a crack at it:

I sing a song that has no words.

I eat a meal that has no bread.

My dwelling is not made with hands.

No linens clothe my downy bed.

You will not see me by the rays

Of sunlight shining through the skies,

But you may hear me in the wind

While children rest their weary eyes.

Who am I?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.