A suggestion of multiplayer mechanism for solving time warp issues

I just tried both KLF and KMP which are good mods.

I do prefer an official integration of multiplayer functionality for 0.24 or if possible 0.23.

Some people may argue the physic warp. Let me present my idea.

I believe that most people who want multiplayer is to do competition or COOP.

Therefore, there is no need for massive multiplayer but a functionality for 2-4 players (or a reasonable or affordable number, I suggest 2-4)

In KMP mod, there is a control to change your vessel status between public and private (share your vessel to others or not).

It's a good idea that I extend this to a similar scheme for multiplayer for time warp.

Here public means they want to do COOP/competition, private means he/she wants to temporarily play individually (vessel status does not impact others)

If there are 4 players in the game, and if all want to COOP, then they just choose public.

And if someone wants time warp, he needs to start a vote. If others do not have any operations and agree, then the one who starts the vote will fully control the time warp. So there is no sync issue among those COOP players. (Of course, others can stop the warp if they want to do something. There should be something to avoid mischievous interupt)

If one temporarily wants to play individually, then he choose private. So if he wants time warp, the time warp applies locally. Once the warp done, server will automatically sync his current status to other 3. And if other 3 do warp, after the warp done, the other 3's status will be sync to the one who is in private. Since the individual one is not coop with others, so he status is not critical/sensitive to others. Therefore local time warp which could make him to be in the future time does not matter.

Later if he wants to coop with the other 3, just change to public, and only his current status will be considered.

It's just a rough idea of multiplayer functionality. I know it may not be good enough.

But I hope everyone here can post your suggestions and comments

If we can have a better suggestion for KSP, and we may be able to enjoy the official multiplayer soon. (If they put someone to do the implementation)

So true.

Doesn't this forum has a profanity filter?

If so, add multiplayer to the list :-)

Amen.

Besides, how the hell is your voting thing suposed to work when 1 of the players isn't playing at that moment? Either his vote is automaticly yes (in which case he'd come back to have his game suddenly progressed 20 years, and missed the transfer to get his crew back home from Eve... yea no thanks.

Or his vote is auto no, in which case the whole system doesn't work anymore