[0.22] alpha v1.01 Modified Parts.

Clockwork_werewolf

I have just uploaded my first mod to the spaceport and I wanted to know peoples thoughts about it.

It is just a set of CFG files for new parts but they do use MODEL modules to grab more than one model from existing parts so that they look different. They were mostly made for my own games as I wanted to need some extra science points in career mode. I have managed to get a one star review already but there is no comment (this installs you with hope doesn't it). I have also managed to score it one star myself by accident and can't figure out how to change that (great ;.; ). Available under creative commons rights (I think this is the right thing help would be appreciated on that) The present parts are divided into their tech node.

AerospaceTech

Giant Jet Engine : Mainsail sized Jet engine using (low atmo) engine, nacelle and intake as one. For use in large aircraft and not very good in higher atmosphere.

High Density Fuel: A Mk1 Fuselage sized Fuel tank that only contains liquid fuel but 400 of it in the same density as rocket fuel tanks.

LinearRCS MK2: LinearRCS is usaly useless but these have 3 times the power, it's still less than an RCS block if you use all four nozzles.

Large RCS block: Bigger with 4 times the power for items you would normally still 4 RCS's on.

Automation

Sample Drill : Like a soil sample but using automated analysis, this has its own experiment data and can be either an addition to a manned (kerballed) landing or for use on a probe (like the Mars lander curiosity).

Multi-Sensor : The four old sensors and the Atmo sensor stuck together, a little lighter but that's all.

ExperimentalAerodynamics

Ailerons MK2: Just adding a little more control

Air-Ram MK2: The first items I created after seeing the amount of air hogging in the forums and the added part count this causes. Uses 8 times the air area (acts like 8 normal rams) but has a max air of 0.12 instead of 0.2 AND weights 0.4 tons instead of 0.01. This is to stop people using 4 (equivalent of 32) per engine, they still can but they would add 1.6 tons per engine.

Nacelle MK2: The old Nacelle was very heavy and produced little air for its weight, so this is lighter and has a bit bigger air intake.

ExperimentalElectrics

Ion Engine MK2 : Half the Xenon use, twice the thrust and four times the electric to make up for the first two.

Large Ion : Only 1.25 meter size and generates 8.5 KN but uses the equivalent of 32 LX-Panels of electricity. Designed to be used with the nuclear reactor (not produced yet) or as a burst engine with lots of Batteries.

Atmosphere Lab: A heavy lab module (16 tons) for analysing atmospheres from space. Holds one Kerbal if needed and is designed to be part of a space station. Adds a science experiment and can only be used in orbit round a planet.

ExperimentalRocketry

Empty tanks : Only one at the moment but you get the idea, space for Oxidizer and fuel but empty on lift off.

Long Tiny Tank: For use with probes or small craft. This tank is tiny in width and hold 5 times a normal tiny tank 28.8 liquid 35.2 Oxi.

Oxidizer tank : Tank of just oxidizer. Simple.

Large AeroSpike Engine: slightly less efferent but with much more power, this engine is designed to be on the same scale as the Mainsail.

ExperimentalScience

Data Store : Right click to store EVA reports and Soil Samples. That's all.

Science Lab : The most important item in the Mod probably. Its a 28 ton lab for use in space or when landed. Has its own experiment type that is low on value, very high on data but drops in value much slower than normal experiments. It also has a 100% transmission rate. It's designed to keep you needing time and electricity to run for a while with no point to returning it. With all that effort it would make a good space station starting point. It also acts as a command pod but with no torque. Sits 4.

ExperimentalMotors

Advanced Propeller Engine : Uses Very large amounts of electricity to generate lift in any Atmosphere. Not very efficient but can just be used to create light planes in low atmo.

Tiny Asas: A Tiny sized asas for probes or buggys. Only produces 5 torque unlike the normal 20, it is also slightly less efficient.

High Speed Wheels : Uses more power, faster, tougher and very good at causing crashes.

Nanolathing

Small radial decoupler : for use on probes or decoupling small objects.

Radial Attachment: An attachment for any surface that acts like a tank for radial, top or bottom attachment to it. Works well for adding engines air scoops or capsules without needing heavy tanks.

Tough Struts : Bigger and stronger, should be twice the weight but I'm not sure with struts (needs testing) and no I don't have engineer installed.

Small to Tiny Adapters: Quad, Tri, Bi adapter for probes or very small ships.

Planned/Possible items to be made.

Nuclear Reactor : Very heavy but pumping out HUGE amounts of power. Yet to be begun.

Space Telescope : Hubble like telescope. Some CFG and skin work done but only about 50% complete.

Large Coms dish : Unsure if needed yet, will see.

Fuelled Nose Cones: Adding some fuel to all nose cones so that they have more purpose (not sure about stability).

Shell Hull: A quarter of a large hull made of stock models. I know that you can get stuff like this from other mods (like quite a lot of this stuff) but it wouldn't add loading time or break on an update.

Magnetic coils: difficult to implement without game breaking, designed to be used on stations or large craft to accelerate small objects.

Cutlass Engines: Saber like engines for use in atmo and space, very difficult to get the balance right so they work as an SSTO engine but without making them the default atmo engine even on oxygen less worlds.

Lithium Batteries: Stores more power for its size and weight.

Early game generator: For use in early career mod to make power from fuel.

Giant booster: Mainsail sized booster, easy to make but maybe too powerful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.