Planes keep veering off runway

FWIW, if you're new into the game years after the OP.

I have two front wheels at the beginning of career mode, as the steerable one is waaaay too low and makes the wings pitch down when on the runway.  It also seems unstable AF.

So, with this in mind, and also as @bewing mentioned, on the ground, you have to take, shall I say, "car physics" into account.  And what do you do with cars when you want them to be more stable on the road?  You toe out the front wheels...  Worked a charm.

That said, all of the info here is important to keep in mind.  Combined, they all play a massive role.

It's the end of 2019 and the planes in KSP are still doing it... :lol:

I found it to be happening in a few of my designs, but not always. Even with the 3-wheel-boogies in a quad-gear layout (rocket carrier). Crucial is the rotation point (CoM slightly in front of main gear) or even an angled stance where the nose is higher than the back - this way more lift is generated and the plane takes off with more ease...&)

A3D7C06AD390C9E5A82CFED9C46ABD2C22ED2A24

6AF23B42882A2BDBE7742FF476971F1DEAF4CD60

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.