[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

How compatible is the dev build with things like SCANsat, MechJeb, VesselView, Hyomotos MFDS etc etc?

EDIT: Never mind, all info is on the Github wiki :D

To add to what is said about it on the wiki:

• Hyomoto's MFD will need significant messing with to properly use RasterPropMonitor/Library textures, for one. (basically, I collected every bit of content I think is reusable, moved it to a separate location and will keep it there in the future, so it's easier to have MFDs customised piecewise and RPM-using packages don't break each other.) Considering that a lot of features Hyomoto asked for have been added though, it needed some reworking anyway. He's working on it. :)
  • VesselView uses RPM API as it was meant to use it. I don't see it stop working with any version of RPM in the foreseeable future, unless 0.24 dumps some other silly restriction on us that prevents RPM API itself from working.

(basically, I collected every bit of content I think is reusable, moved it to a separate location and will keep it there in the future, so it's easier to have MFDs customised piecewise and RPM-using packages don't break each other.) Considering that a lot of features Hyomoto asked for have been added though, it needed some reworking anyway. He's working on it. :)

Ooh, most useful! That sounds like good news indeed. I remember reading now that he was planning an update to go with RPMs update.. I hope it all goes well.

VesselView uses RPM API as it was meant to use it. I don't see it stop working with any version of RPM in the foreseeable future, unless 0.24 dumps some other silly restriction on us that prevents RPM API itself from working.

Excellent news indeed, thank you :)

Mihara the second part of your last post make me say YEEEAPPI

The combo RPM and vessel view is really a game changing experience !!

You'll be pleased to know that eventually, SCANsat is supposed to directly integrate SCANsatRPM, (We've already agreed to hand it over to technogeeky and friends, so it's only a matter of time) so the same will be true for it, too -- RPM API explicitly avoids the hardlink problem for the narrow case of plugging into RPM. MechJeb will remain the only potential source of such problems.

Well, there's also Engine Ignitor which uses the TextMenu class from RPM and will need a recompile with every release, but I can't do much when people try to avoid coding their own text menus.

Sometimes the screens go white and i have to click a few buttons to get them to work again? am i doing anything wrong?

Edit: It seems to happen when i tab out

This is expected. There's very little I can do about that and it's all done. (Unless someone can show me how to get a method called when the user returns from another application, because I'm already tracking OnApplicationPause.) Do not tab out, or use fullscreen windowed mode.

You can get the dev build and start right now? Dev build is linked on the first page of the wiki. I avoid publishing the link directly here because support requests. :)

Either way, RPM 0.17 is coming out before the end of the next week.

Aww dude, I am so pleased thank you! here have a screenie:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I have been looking through this thread trying to find another instance of an issue I'm having, and have failed. It would appear the textures in the monitors are being replaced with other textures and depth maps. None of the buttons or menus are available, and the other buttons and levers on the control panel are non-functional. I've uninstalled/re-installed the mod about 10 times now, and have made sure everything is as it should be in Gamedata. Short of doing a complete wipe and re-installing KSP, I am stuck. My mod list and pics are below. Any ideas?

COMPLETE MOD LIST 06/21/2014:

[B][FONT=Arial]1stPersonMode 0.0 2c[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]A[/FONT][FONT=Arial]c[/FONT][FONT=Arial]hievements[/FONT][FONT=Arial]1 .6.0[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Active[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Texture[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Management[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Basic[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-3-1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]AlES Aerospace 1 51[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Aviation[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Lights[/FONT][FONT=Arial] v3.6[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]B9 IVA Extension 0 5.1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]b[/FONT][FONT=Arial]D[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ynamics- v[/FONT][FONT=Arial]1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]celss-[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Greenhouse[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-m[/FONT][FONT=Arial]a[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ster[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Coo[/FONT][FONT=Arial]l [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Rockets 0 .5[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Deadly [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Reentry[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Cont v4. 7[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Deployable[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Li[/FONT][FONT=Arial]g[/FONT][FONT=Arial]h[/FONT][FONT=Arial]t[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-0 1 .6[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Dist[/FONT][FONT=Arial]a[/FONT][FONT=Arial]nt[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Object 1.3[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]D[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Ma[/FONT][FONT=Arial]g[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ic-Orbrt[/FONT][FONT=Arial]al[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-Sc[/FONT][FONT=Arial]i[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ence-v[/FONT][FONT=Arial]0.[/FONT][FONT=Arial]8[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]DROMOMAN build3[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Environmental[/FONT][FONT=Arial]V[/FONT][FONT=Arial]isua[/FONT][FONT=Arial]l [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Enhancements-7-3[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]FASA4.9 1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Floor[/FONT][FONT=Arial] I[/FONT][FONT=Arial]t[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]H[/FONT][FONT=Arial]a[/FONT][FONT=Arial]bitat Pack[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Hot[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Rockets 7. 1 Naz[/FONT][FONT=Arial]a[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ri[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Improved Chase [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Camera[/FONT][FONT=Arial]v[/FONT][FONT=Arial]1.3.1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Infernal Robotics 0[/FONT][FONT=Arial].15d[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]KAS v0.4.7[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]KAX v2.1.1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]KerbQuake 1.21[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Keth[/FONT][FONT=Arial]a[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ne-0.8.5[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]KSP-23.5-[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Science Alert[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-[/FONT][FONT=Arial] release[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-1.5[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]KSP[/FONT][FONT=Arial]A[/FONT][FONT=Arial]l[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ternate[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Resource[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Panel 2.2.3 .0[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]KSP[/FONT][FONT=Arial] Interstellar[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-v0.11[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]KSPRC v[/FONT][FONT=Arial]01.515[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]K[/FONT][FONT=Arial]W Release v2.5.6B[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]MechJeb2-2.2.1.0[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Near[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Futu[/FONT][FONT=Arial]r[/FONT][FONT=Arial]e[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Construction[/FONT][FONT=Arial] 0[/FONT][FONT=Arial] 1 0[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Near[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Future[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Propulsion[/FONT][FONT=Arial] 0[/FONT][FONT=Arial] 1 1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Procedural[/FONT][FONT=Arial] D[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ynamics[/FONT][FONT=Arial]0.7[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Raster[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Prop[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Monitor[/FONT][FONT=Arial].[/FONT][FONT=Arial]0[/FONT][FONT=Arial].16[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]R[/FONT][FONT=Arial]CS [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Sounds[/FONT][FONT=Arial]V4.0[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Remote[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Tech2 [/FONT][FONT=Arial].22.30[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Remote Tech2-master[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]SCANsat v7.rc2. 1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Science[/FONT][FONT=Arial] L[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ibrary 1.1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]SH-MK2[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Cockpit[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Soundtrack[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Editor[/FONT][FONT=Arial]V2. 1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Squad Re-Texture Project (Alpha)[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Strip[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Symmetry 1.2[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]SXT -alpha-1 5[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]T[/FONT][FONT=Arial]AC L[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ife[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Support-master[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Texture[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Replacer-1 .5. 10[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Toolbar-1 .7.2[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]T[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ubes[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]B9-Aerospace-Pack-R4-0c 23.5update[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]SerCom v1. 1 byNothke[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Hu[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ll [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Camera[/FONT][FONT=Arial]VDS.V0.2.91[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Bi[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ll[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-Jeb-9000 1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Procedural Fairings[/FONT][FONT=Arial]2.4.4[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]K[/FONT][FONT=Arial]erba[/FONT][FONT=Arial]l Alarm Clock[/FONT][FONT=Arial] 2. 7.3.0[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Astronomers-[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Visual[/FONT][FONT=Arial]-Pack-v3-BETA 1[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Universal Storage Core 0.71[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Universal Storage KAS 0.7[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]Universal Storage [/FONT][FONT=Arial]ECLS[/FONT][FONT=Arial]S .7[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]VNG-Parachute 1.2[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]VNG Plugin[/FONT][FONT=Arial]0.7.2[/FONT][/B]

[B][FONT=Arial]VTS Nazari 1[/FONT][/B]

BQiCRyK.jpg

pyXwggs.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/KWRG7

I have been looking through this thread trying to find another instance of an issue I'm having, and have failed. It would appear the textures in the monitors are being replaced with other textures and depth maps. None of the buttons or menus are available, and the other buttons and levers on the control panel are non-functional. I've uninstalled/re-installed the mod about 10 times now, and have made sure everything is as it should be in Gamedata. Short of doing a complete wipe and re-installing KSP, I am stuck. My mod list and pics are below. Any ideas?

You didn't look deep enough, it's a common issue.

This happens whenever RasterPropMonitor dlls fail to load so hard, that they can't even complain about it, i.e. they die after replacing textures with draw surfaces, but before actually drawing anything on them, during page loading. Common causes:

1. Incorrect installation. RPM components require very specific installation locations and will not work if not correctly installed. Solution: Nothing can be done about it, install them correctly and make sure that no package has installed stray copies of RasterPropMonitor.dll, SCANsatRPM.dll or MechJebRPM.dll -- some older packages do, and errors during installation often cause that as well.
  2. Wrong version of hardlinked dlls RPM relies on prevents RPM from correctly loading. MechJeb and ScanSAT are particularly common causes -- released version 0.16 of RPM requires SCANsat version 0.5 and will not work with any other one, it requires the current release build of MechJeb and will not work correctly with subsequent dev builds. This problem is mostly corrected in the upcoming 0.17 release of RPM -- MechJeb versioning policies have been changed to accomodate Squad's silly plugin loader, so dependency will not be broken as long as you use build #254 or later up until the next full release, SCANsat versioning policy has been changed to avoid changing the assembly version number entirely and SCANsat is scheduled to directly support RPM in the future. Current solution: Ensure the correct versions of said packages are used. Failing that, remove MechJebRPM.dll and/or SCANsatRPM.dll and wait for the release of RPM 0.17.
  3. A third party plugin is causing something else to fail to load. Solution: Post your KSP_Data/output_log.txt file so that it can be identified.

In your particular case, you use SCANsat v0.7, so unless you also installed the SCANsatRPM.dll that came with it, that's your problem.

Doe RPM limit Scansat to only show parts of the map?

Not as such, though the default monitor configuration does. SCANsat assumes square pixels and non-square maps. If you configure map zoom so that the full map fits in a square, you'll have the map looping up and down as if it were the map of a torus, which planets aren't. ALCOR has a monitor that has such a zoom setting, but covers the looping portions with extra information so that they don't look too silly.

Hello!

I had a similar problem with scansat (no satellite connected)

Reading logs, I realized that the directory "SCANsatRPM" loaded before "SCANsat"!

If you rename "SCANsat" in "0SCANsat" - the monitor map works, but does not work toolbar, and at all is not right ...

What can you advise?

Hello!

I had a similar problem with scansat (no satellite connected)

Reading logs, I realized that the directory "SCANsatRPM" loaded before "SCANsat"!

If you rename "SCANsat" in "0SCANsat" - the monitor map works, but does not work toolbar, and at all is not right ...

What can you advise?

This is extremely bizarre and shouldn't be possible. For a moment I thought that the alphabetical order of loading is somehow culture-aware, which means basically that we can't rely on order of loading at all. But sorting of English directory names should always happen identically regardless of culture settings.

Try 'S0CANsat', that should be earlier alphabetically than 'SCANsatRPM' but after '000_Toolbar'.

Then tell me more about your machine -- Windows or Linux? Which Windows or which Linux? System language -- English, Russian, or maybe another one? What do you use to unpack files? What does your GameData directory listing look like? I'd like to get to the bottom of this one, because this is potentially an issue affecting lots of mods.

Try 'S0CANsat', that should be earlier alphabetically than 'SCANsatRPM' but after '000_Toolbar'.

tried anyway ssansat icons do not appear in the toolbar (toolbar settings are displayed as "???"). Probably feels bad toolbar to find a way to images

Then tell me more about your machine -- Windows or Linux? Which Windows or which Linux? System language -- English, Russian, or maybe another one? What do you use to unpack files? What does your GameData directory listing look like? I'd like to get to the bottom of this one, because this is potentially an issue affecting lots of mods.

Linux Debian Wheezy 64bit.

Run KSP in Wine 1.4.1 (wine - program for help run win programm)

System language - Russian. Charset - UTF-8

unpack - unzip

dir listing:

000_Toolbar/
ActionGroupManager/
ASET/
Chatterer/
DMagic Orbital Science/
HGR/
HullCameraVDS/
img_viewer/
JSI/
KAS/
ModuleManager.2.1.5.dll
NASAmission/
notes/
ProbeControlRoom/
ProceduralFairings/
Romfarer/
S0CANsat/
SCANsatRPM/
ScienceAlert/
Ships/
Squad/
StationScience/
Targetron/
TarsierSpaceTech/
toolbar-settings.dat
VesselView/

and recursive dirs scansat, RPM and toolbar:

`--> ls -R SCANsatRPM S0CANsat 000_Toolbar JSI 16:51
000_Toolbar:
CHANGES.txt folder.tga move-cursor.tga resize-cursor.tga toolbar-dropdown.tga
donate.tga LICENSE.txt new-button-available.tga Toolbar.dll update-available.tga

JSI:
RasterPropMonitor/

JSI/RasterPropMonitor:
Example/ IndicatorPanelReplacement/ InternalFlagPlate/ Plugins/

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example:
b9-m27-cockpit-patch.cfg ExampleMFD/ mk1landercan-patch.cfg
b9-m27-remade-internal.cfg ExternalCameraPart/ mk1lander-remade-internal.cfg
b9-mk2-cockpit-patch.cfg generic3-cockpit-patch.cfg mk1-patch.cfg
b9-mk2-remade-internal.cfg hullcam-models-as-external-cameras.cfg mk1-remade-internal.cfg
b9-s2-cockpit-patch.cfg InternalAirlock/ mk2landercan-patch.cfg
b9-s2-remade-internal.cfg InternalHatch/ mk2landercan-remade-internal.cfg
ButtonProps/ KnobProps/ mk2-sh-cockpit-remade-internal.cfg
CockpitHandle/ LabelButtons/ mk2-stock-cockpit-patch.cfg
crew-cabin-patch.cfg mk12pod-patch.cfg orbital-orb-patch.cfg
cupola-patch.cfg mk12pod-remade-internal.cfg orbital-orb-remade-internal.cfg
cupola-remade-internal.cfg mk1cockpit-patch.cfg reduce-iva-cpu-usage.cfg
ExampleHUD/ mk1cockpit-remade-internal.cfg SwitchableDisplays/

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ButtonProps:
Blinkenlichten.cfg SquareButtons.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/CockpitHandle:
eva-hatch.cfg OpenHandleDiffuse.png OpenHandle.mu

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleHUD:
PlaneHUD.cfg planeHUDdiffuse.png PlaneHUD.mu screen.png

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD:
bg01.png graphset.cfg MFD40x15003.png p0_test.txt p5_crew40x20.txt
buttonbeep.ogg hudfont.png MFD40x15004.png p1_landing40x20.txt p6_resources40x20.txt
extraFont1.png HUDPFD/ MFD40x15.mu p2_orbit40x20.txt pa_HUDPFD.txt
fontDefinition.txt MFD40x15000.png MFD40x20.cfg p2_orbit_graphical.txt pa_PFD.txt
GPS/ MFD40x15001.png nosignal.png p3_target40x20.txt pb_graphs.txt
graphgrid.png MFD40x15002.png p0_home40x20.txt p4_shipinfo40x20.txt PFD/

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/GPS:
noscansat.png scalebar.png scaleLabels.png

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/HUDPFD:
heading.png hud-overlay.png ladder.png leftscale.png rightscale.png

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/PFD:
HDG.png NavBall000.png NavBall.mu StaticMask.png

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExternalCameraPart:
external-camera.cfg model000.png

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/InternalAirlock:
eva-hatch-with-model.cfg InternalAirLockDiffuse.png InternalAirLock.mu

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/InternalHatch:
CubeCollider.mu eva-hatch.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/KnobProps:
TrimmerKnobs.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/LabelButtons:
aglabelbutton.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/SwitchableDisplays:
JSISwitchable.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/IndicatorPanelReplacement:
model000.png model001.png prop.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/InternalFlagPlate:
FlagPlate000.png FlagPlate.mu prop.cfg

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins:
0.12-0.13-patch.cfg BundledVariableHandlers.cfg mapfeatures.cfg RasterPropMonitor.dll

S0CANsat:
CHANGELOG.txt PluginData/ Scanner 1/ Scanner 8/ SCANsat_Map_Icon.png Thumbs.db
LICENSE.txt README.md Scanner 2/ SCANsat.dll* SCANsat_SmallMap_Icon.png TODO.txt
MapTraq/ Resources/ Scanner 32/ SCANsat_Icon.png Source/

S0CANsat/MapTraq:
model.mu part.cfg part.cfg~ SCANsat.tga

S0CANsat/PluginData:
SCANsat/

S0CANsat/PluginData/SCANsat:
Kerbin_elevation_1080x540.png

S0CANsat/Resources:
ScienceDefs.cfg

S0CANsat/Scanner 1:
model.mu Normal Map_NRM.tga part.cfg Texture Map.tga

S0CANsat/Scanner 2:
model.mu Normals_NRM.tga part.cfg part.cfg~ Tex Map.tga

S0CANsat/Scanner 32:
model.mu part.cfg part.cfg~ SCANsat.tga

S0CANsat/Scanner 8:
model.mu Normal Map_NRM.tga part.cfg part.cfg~ Texture Map.tga

S0CANsat/Source:

SCANsatRPM:
SCANsatRPM.dll*

tried anyway ssansat icons do not appear in the toolbar (toolbar settings are displayed as "???"). Probably feels bad toolbar to find a way to images

Yes, that would do it... You could try moving the icons back to 'SCANsat/*.png', because the path to icons it feeds to the Toolbar is hardcoded, that might get it to work. If that doesn't work, we're out of options.

I don't see anything wrong which could cause an unusual loading order in the data you gave, which only leads me to think that under Linux, alphabetic ordering is not guaranteed. Which is a big problem I really see no solutions for, because it can potentially affect any plugin that hardlinks to any other plugin, including most users of the Toolbar, and just about anyone uses the Toolbar these days. :(

and where is bbtag "spoiler"? (spoiler)(/spoiler) not working

Doesn't work here, I'm afraid. :(

P.S. Does it happen when you're not using Wine, though?

Edited by Mihara

So Mu finally told someone about how this works? Doesn't KSPAssembly need to be present for KSPAssemblyDependency to work?

Uhh, I guess he told someone, yeah. It was in a bug report in experimentals.

Yes, KSPAssembly needs to be present, or else it won't be able to resolve the dependency. There's very informative logging in output_log.txt about all this.

Uhh, I guess he told someone, yeah. It was in a bug report in experimentals.

Yes, KSPAssembly needs to be present, or else it won't be able to resolve the dependency. There's very informative logging in output_log.txt about all this.

I.e. I can't use it to fix the SCANsat dependency right now, because SCANsat doesn't have that. :(

Linux, alphabetic ordering is not guaranteed.

hardly a problem in linux. If you sort the directory names, system utility "sort", then the order of normal...

You could try moving the icons back to 'SCANsat/*.png', because the path to icons it feeds to the Toolbar is hardcoded

yes, I did.