[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

Yeah, that's what I need, though, I think we have kind of a deadlock here if you plan to keep your own version of SCANsatRPM.dll around before you embed it into SCANsat.dll. :)

EDIT: Because https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/blob/master/SCANsatRPM/Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs#L12

hardly a problem in linux. If you sort the directory names, system utility "sort", then the order of normal...

Of course. However, it's all about KSP plugin loader and what it does and does not do. :)

Yeah, that's what I need, though, I think we have kind of a deadlock here if you plan to keep your own version of SCANsatRPM.dll around before you embed it into SCANsat.dll. :)

EDIT: Because https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/blob/master/SCANsatRPM/Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs#L12

You could just leave out KSPAssemblyDependency ("SCANsat") from SCANsatRPM. Anyone installing it over the existing SCANsatRPM should be fine if they're using SCANsat v6.

We'll update SCANsat v6 with the new SCANsatRPM (compiled against RPM 0.17) and add in the KSPAssembly and KSPAssemblyDependency at that time. This will have to be done for SCANsat v7 anyway (the version of SCANsatRPM that works with SCANsat v6 doesn't work with SCANsat v7), so it won't really be a problem.

My VV screen is just white and my map screens also come up white but I can't seem to figure out why. I can see the white text for them and all that but everything else is plain white. Any ideas? I can post screen shots if you want.

TriV, if you're using the VesselView mod, you can select parts with the tree-traversal system and do most things you can do if you right-click them from outside the ship. It is better to just get the ScienceAlert Mod though, as it will let you do science from odd situations. (If you're using a first-person E.V.A. mod, for instance, you can't right click on yourself, so this will let you do that science.) The only trouble with that is you have to turn the U.I. on, which I like to avoid now, thanks to RPM :)

Edited by Mandelbrot

My VV screen is just white and my map screens also come up white but I can't seem to figure out why. I can see the white text for them and all that but everything else is plain white. Any ideas? I can post screen shots if you want.

I do not want screenshots, they're usually not helpful. Instead, post your KSP_Data/output_log.txt file.

Well, it's certainly not anything obvious. :( But I do see several cases of 'interlay texture not found'. What's your ActiveTextureManagement config for RPM? And in any case, try wiping the ActiveTextureManagement cache in GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/textureCache, it getting messed up can cause really bizarre errors.

Well, it's certainly not anything obvious. :( But I do see several cases of 'interlay texture not found'. What's your ActiveTextureManagement config for RPM? And in any case, try wiping the ActiveTextureManagement cache in GameData/ActiveTextureManagement/textureCache, it getting messed up can cause really bizarre errors.

Cleared the cache and reloaded with the same issues. It seems to work with other command pods, just not the ALCOR (the one I want to use of course)

My config file for JSI (Won't let me edit for some reason)

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = JSI

enabled = true

OVERRIDES

{

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/.*

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

filtering = Bilinear

make_not_readable = true

}

JSI/RasterPropMonitor/ExampleMFD/

{

compress = false

mipmaps = false

scale = 1

max_size = 0

filtering = Bilinear

make_not_readable = true

}

}

}

Cleared the cache and reloaded with the same issues. It seems to work with other command pods, just not the ALCOR (the one I want to use of course)

Ah.

That would imply a problem in installing ALCOR itself. :) Try reinstalling it?

Privet.

Thank you for taking the time to make this mod i fallen in love with it after 2 seconds of using it, and drooling all over my keyboard, I have an idea that you might like or you might have thought of but i will say it anyway, there is a mod maker who i think joined KSP Team aka Romfarer he made the Lazor System thing and robotic arms and a few others anyway i think the robotic arms camera plus its control added to your mod would be EPIC.

Think about it siting in the cockpit switching through the menu and controlling the Canad Robotic Arm or even the light weight buran Arm.........

Also i notice the Alcor Pod allows you to pivot there Camera's i would love that to be a standard in all the cockpits for those type of camera's.

Hint's for other people wanting to try this mod.

b9 S2 mount camera just under the nose cone it works great for landing.

Cargo bay Camera is very handy.

I also place a camera near the docking port comes in handy as Romfarer Docking Camera's don't show up. "could be another cool plugin"

Camera on the back of your space plane is handy as well, if you ever taxi your space plane.

There is no other cockpit mod better then this so just download and try it.

Thanks Mihara for hours of fun. "i wish i found this sooner".

Bump for... yeah, great justice, take off every ZIG.

RasterPropMonitor v0.17

Breaking changes

Do NOT hurry to install this one.

• A new system for addressing resources by name is meant to future-proof RPM against mods coming up with new resources. Every resource can now be addressed as SYSR_<system name of resource in upper case>. Old names for resources are now undocumented and deprecated. They will keep working for a few more months, but in version 1.0 at the latest they will be gone.
  • Due the the introduction of JSITransparentPod, the example model of the MFD had to be replaced with a new one. (The old one has broken colliders, which cause Unity to complain profusely when it is exposed to rigors of real space.) The new one has identical dimensions and orientation, but has more buttons, which is likely to screw up your customization.
  • Since I had to introduce a new model, I reorganized the structure of the distribution to finally settle the question 'Mod X wants to use RPM, but it messes with the rest of my pods' for good. It is recommended that the users delete GameData/JSI/RasterPropMonitor AND GameData/MechJeb2RPM completely before installing this version. Please double check your IVAs using RPM and look at the fresh Distribution Notes in the wiki.
  • Because blizzy78 told me that Mu finally disclosed how KSPAssembly and KSPAssemblyDependency work, (why isn't this written anywhere?) MechJebRPM.dll no longer requires it's own separate GameData directory. So now it lives in JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Plugins where it should have been from the start.
  • Just in case, the files will continue henceforth to have the AssemblyVersion number of 0.17.0.0, to facilitate things for people who hardlink to RPM instead of using the API cleanly like they should. (Yes, HoneyFox, that's about you.) The actual visible version of the DLL is kept in AssemblyFileVersion instead, and that is what will change in the future. That should further cut down on the number of incompatibilities.
  • A side effect of the above, the modified IndicatorPanel prop is now called IndicatorPanelRPM, and no longer attempts to install itself into every pod that ever used IndicatorPanel.
  • At the request of K3|Chris, a contributor to B9 Aerospace, the patches for B9 cockpits were moved to GameData/B9_Aerospace/RPM/Patches, so be careful when installing if you want to keep your B9 cockpits with RPM monitors. In the upcoming release of B9, B9 components will natively include RPM support and overwrite these files. When this happens, the next RPM release will no longer include them.

Bug fixes

• UTSECS did not observe Kerbin time game setting. Oops.
  • MechJebRPM is now compiled against the latest development version of MechJeb. Since version numbering in MechJeb builds has been changed to accomodate Squad's plugin loader braindead versioning policies, this should make it possible to always use the most current version of MechJeb unless MechJeb decides to change the version number due to internal API changes. Due to API changes in MechJeb, a developer build number 254 or later is required.
  • SCANsatRPM is now compiled against the version of SCANsat maintained by technogeeky at https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat -- this should stay compatible throughout. Use the 6.0 build of SCANsat with the SCANsatRPM.dll from this package. In the foreseeable future, SCANsatRPM will be integrated into SCANsat proper, and this particular source of annoyance will be gone.
  • The bundled version of ModuleManager has been updated to 2.1.5.

New features

• New variable ISLOADED_<assembly name in upper case> returns 1 if a specific plugin is loaded and 0 otherwise.
  • New variable RPMVERSION reports the version number of RPM itself.
  • Stored strings. RasterPropMonitorComputer module configuration can contain a 'storedStrings' parameter which is a list of pipe-separated strings, accessible as variables STOREDSTRING_0, STOREDSTRING_1, etc.
  • JSIActionGroupSwitch module can now be configured to actually consume resources when toggling as well as when whatever it switches is active.
  • JSISelectivelyVisibleProp module permits you to make a prop that is only visible to the occupant of one specific seat, which is handy for transparent projection HUD displays.
  • The JSITransparentPod module will clean your pod windows just like the infamous sfr's plugin would. The drawback is that you can't see any internals within transparent pods if you are IVA. I'm not sure this KSP limitation is possible to work around -- the challenge isn't that you can't see them, the challenge is that you would see double. Warning, this is still highly experimental because I keep finding new things wrong with it.
  • Access to pages can now be limited depending on whether a specific tech has been purchased in career mode.
  • New variables: SEMIMAJORAXIS, TARGETSEMIMAJORAXIS
  • A patch to add RPM into K-P0110 capsule by Ledenko is now included, up until the time Ledenko decides to make his own.

We'll try but the list of fixes, changes and new parts is very long.

My suggestion would be to delay it to as-soon-as-possible-after-0.24-ships, anyway. There's no telling what 0.24 will break.

I'm still getting this, and I'm not sure why:

(EDIT PWD)

Ugh...2nd edit. Didn't delete all old directories before installing the new update...

Edited by Eleven

I'm confused, does this break the save file or no?

No, nothing fatal should happen to your save file even if you delete RPM entirely, the only exception would be if you used the provided external camera part in that save (and deleted it, that is. It's been moved between 0.16 and 0.17, but the name and everything else didn't change.). Which sucks, so very few people use it.

Edited by Mihara
Clarifications.

Anyone ever had a problem of the green MFD displaying all the ladders / bars as black instead of green in open GL? Makes it impossible to see any of the ladder info in a RPM window. Though all the text around the sides are still displaying as green.