[0.25] RasterPropMonitor - putting the A in your IVA (v0.18.3) [8 Oct]

Mihara

and the problems I am having are that the buttons at the top of the MFD of RPM are greyed out instead of A-E... and with Spaceplane Plus it only has 1 MFD, instead of the multiple I have seen.

They are not "greyed out". They actually are currently grey and unlabeled. The model with buttons which were labeled has been found to have irreparable problems and was replaced.

and with Spaceplane Plus it only has 1 MFD, instead of the multiple I have seen.

Old version of Spaceplane Plus is not compatible with RPM 0.17+

For the record, here's how it looks on my install and how it should look when everything's fresh and correctly installed:

H8ttdU2.png

Notice that Porkjet forgot to replace the IndicatorPanel with IndicatorPanelRPM. :)

And KSI MFD won't work at all with RPM...

Because it has still to be properly updated. There's a patched version available a ways off towards the end of it's thread.

After installing RPM my FPS dropped from 70+ to 10-15 and became extremely unplayable. This is on a x64 install, any input?

It is almost certain that the cause of FPS drop is constant spam of error messages in logs. Looking into the logs should provide the clue to the cause.

Is Mk3 Internal by Torouh torpedo RPM module manager files properly works? after fresh install i ve got empty space where should be RPM...

No, if it has not been updated to RPM 0.17 changes it is unlikely to be working.

They are not "greyed out". They actually are currently grey and unlabeled. The model with buttons which were labeled has been found to have irreparable problems and was replaced.

Old version of Spaceplane Plus is not compatible with RPM 0.17+

For the record, here's how it looks on my install and how it should look when everything's fresh and correctly installed:

Notice that Porkjet forgot to replace the IndicatorPanel with IndicatorPanelRPM. :)

Because it has still to be properly updated. There's a patched version available a ways off towards the end of it's thread.

So where did you get that version of Spaceplane plus?? because I DL'd the version that was on the page after it said it was .24 compatible, it should have been the latest one..

RPM doesn't appear to be working in 24.1. At least for me.

With the Alcor pod:

http://i.imgur.com/mGsOydo.png

None of the switches except the 'fire engine' one are working. Displays are non-functional and display different things depending on viewing angle.

With vanilla pods it's just a grey screen:

http://i.imgur.com/AX9gldL.png

TheDamDog, I also have Alcor pod and RPM is working on mine. The look of it is a little off but, seems to be working other than that. Perhaps when the update for RPM is available even that will probably be fixed. In the mean time I would suggest checking to see if your other mods are up to date. Also make sure you are using Vessel View mod.

RPM doesn't appear to be working in 24.1. At least for me.

See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-24-RasterPropMonitor-putting-the-A-in-your-IVA-%28v0-18%29-18-Jul?p=1297893&viewfull=1#post1297893 :)

KSPAPIExtensions was broken by 0.24.1. You most probably have it. It being broken can prevent RPM components from initializing in the manner I described. EDIT: Well, it's not broken that hard, it turns out, so it doesn't. But there's enough things floating around that could be.

Which makes it a perfect opportunity to test the new error detection mechanism I've set up which should, in theory, detect it and give you a more sensible error message...

Edited by Mihara

Hokay, so...

People who are having problems introduced by 0.24.1, please try the prerelease version 0.18.1. If there's nothing wrong with it, I'll put it up in the usual places.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532373/RasterPropMonitor%200.18.1.zip

Mihara, Love your mod. I have not been having problems with the newest .24.1 update but was wondering if it would be worth my downloading your 0.18.1 prerelease or just wait for the final?

Mihara, Love your mod. I have not been having problems with the newest .24.1 update but was wondering if it would be worth my downloading your 0.18.1 prerelease or just wait for the final?

All that is different between it and 0.18 are bugfixes for various obscure problems: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/wiki/Changes-in-this-version

The big change is that RPM now tries harder to tell you something if it's initialization got stopped by a third party mod dying and messing up the initialization call chain. Unfortunately a) I don't know if I screwed anything up while doing it, B) I have yet to stumble into a silent-grey-screens situation myself, so I can't exactly test if the error reporting works, which is why I'm not making a release. Nothing actually changed in KSP 0.24.1 that would make RPM 0.18 stop working, so there's no particular reason to update otherwise.

Mihara, Thanks for the info. I'll continue using current version and if I notice any problems I'll let you know. Thanks also for your great mod. I love this one. Lots of fun for us old school gamers that remember the Moon landings and dreamed of being there ourselves.

is someone able to see a map with ScanSat screen? :P

Yes, I have SCANSat (6.1) working on RPM (0.18). Hit the 'nav' button if everything's installed properly, and you have a map to display, of course.

yes... that was a problem with another mod...

but now, with the new patch game don't even load... I think Module Manager is the cause... not sure...

it gives a [Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

once I remove module manager and all mods that uses it, game loads normally.

yes... that was a problem with another mod...

but now, with the new patch game don't even load... I think Module Manager is the cause... not sure...

it gives a [Exception]: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

once I remove module manager and all mods that uses it, game loads normally.

Had the same issue, but started from scratch, modulemanager does not seem to be the problem (works with module manager) but some other mod interacting wrongly

Now we have to do it all over again. .24.2 update. Time to be patient everyone. Our hard working mod makers have to go back and do another fix. Everyone have a beer and praise be to the mod makers.

Pfft, RPM actually didn't break. :)

But like I said, if you're having problems, try the prerelease which I've just recompiled for 0.24.2 just in case: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532373/RasterPropMonitor%200.18.1.zip

Pfft, RPM actually didn't break. :)

But like I said, if you're having problems, try the prerelease which I've just recompiled for 0.24.2 just in case: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/532373/RasterPropMonitor%200.18.1.zip

I'm glad to hear it Mihara, I'm still going to drink a beer in your honor. Thanks a million for your work.