'Evolab' Tristation

Assembley and commissioning by Veto Aerospace Industrial.

The Tristation is a state of the art space lab, carrying anything that could be needed for experiments in space. It carries six communication dishes, to ensure centrifugal spin does not affect the link with ground control. Aside from the unusual shaspe, however, there is little that is actually special about the station, named Evolab by VA engineers.

ckFBg.png

The capsule carries a single RCS tank equipped with several backward firing ports, to allow the capsule to maneuver and deorbit. This has proven to be a much more efficient, if not as stable, means of propelling the capsule, A burst of RCS in retrograde was able to completely stop the capsule for deorbit.

LiqNo.png

I just learned something today.

Assymetry can be so epic!

EDIT: I also notice an ASAS module on one side- does that effect flight/balance?

Maybe not since there are no engines I believe, except for RCS.

DERPco SOS thruster.

Also featuring dual parachute system.

EBdk2.jpg

And two lateral RCS ports for spin.

How did you manage to attach the fuel tanks sideways? And to what part are they attached?

I\'m currently building a space station myself, so being very interested =P

I\'m still trying to find these parts with the awkward node attach centers.

As for the irregullarly angled ASAS, you probably have to mess around and glitch it.

Wow, I never thought of that method of deorbiting before. I\'ve been sending a full Command/Utility Module on every flight. Even huger payloads, here we come! If you don\'t mind me borrowing your design of course... ;D

Wow, I never thought of that method of deorbiting before. I\'ve been sending a full Command/Utility Module on every flight. Even huger payloads, here we come! If you don\'t mind me borrowing your design of course... ;D

RCS is very common as a de-orbit stage in my designs since it can actually change the speed of a small vehicle, a command module with sme other components.

I\'ve been using a Yawmaster UM with a fuel tank, ASAS and RCS tank, 8 KW mini RCS thrusters and the stumpy NP engine. None of that was really necessary for multi-satellite launches, not on the Skypiercer anyway, because I have excess dV after stabilising an orbit in the 100,000s. So this simple setup will do me fine until unmanned flights are implemented. Hmm, once I\'ve finished polishing it up I should get the Skypiercers a thread of their own.

Was pretty derp of me not to realise it before though, I\'ll admit. :-[

Trust me, you can build one yourself if you use Probododyne struts and try putting the fuel tanks on the end of them. They turn over. Place them onto the strut - they should place underneath. You can use symettry for this part, though it does make fitting anything you want on the end of the centrifuge arms more difficult. Move them around by dragging the strut.

where\'d you get those short struts? (like the one that tank is mounted on, at an angle) They look shorter than the standard probodyne struts, and they look a bit different.

There from the latest version of Probodobodyne-Silisko changed the model, and added a shorter strut.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.