PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

I also throw in my vote for the dart board, that one is too good to pass up.

Instead of three floors with the spine running the middle level, I think that it should be laid out with the floors as rings around the spine, with ladder access in the spine going through the center of each level. I'll be super happy either way though.

Edited by Mecha Pants

Hi there.

Been working on the internals. Here's a little preview. What do you think?

Also: What do you think the kerbals would keep themselves busy with during long boring space travels? Board games, eating snacks? :D

I like the central column but I think the floors should be aligned to the long axis. If the module was part of an interplanetary ship they could experience some degree of artificial gravity during the acceleration/deceleration phases of the mission and having the floors aligned to take advantage of that would be nice.

Instead of three floors with the spine running the middle level, I think that it should be laid out with the floors as rings around the spine, with ladder access in the spine going through the center of each level. I'll be super happy either way though.

We must have the dart board, duct tape and somewhere a drawer or bin with 'extra duct tape'.... That is just toooooo kerbal not to do.... what a great idea.....

Great looking, so it's the Bigelow BA-2100 then?

I was wondering, if the HAB is used on it's side on a planet's surface, will the inflatable part sit on top of the ground or would it clip through the surface.

If it does clip through, it's not a big deal as it can be explained as the lower half being buried, I'm just curious.

Hahaha! I laughed so hard about that darts idea! Definetely going to do that. Darts in Zero-G would be fun to play indeed. And duct tape, yea there will be lots if it. The kerbals are attaching all sorts of things with duct tape so they don't float away in zero-G.

Yeah, I thought about the alignment of the floors for a while.

The Bigelow modules all seem to be aligned 'horizontally' tho and I kinda like that better so went with that.

Also, this way we can do this:

Bigelow%252Blunar.jpg

Hahaha! I laughed so hard about that darts idea! Definetely going to do that. Darts in Zero-G would be fun to play indeed. And duct tape, yea there will be lots if it. The kerbals are attaching all sorts of things with duct tape so they don't float away in zero-G.

Yeah, I thought about the alignment of the floors for a while.

The Bigelow modules all seem to be aligned 'horizontally' tho and I kinda like that better so went with that.

Also, this way we can do this:

Bigelow%252Blunar.jpg

Good you take over the darts idea that arose here. It really will be hilarious. I really want to get my hands on this mod :D

Would it be possible to make a version with flat 2m ends so that we could integrate them Fustek modules ?

Hmm good point. What about a dedicated adapter?

edit: actually nah adapter is a bad idea. Hmm don't know yet. I plan to make several different modules eventually so maybe there'll be a 2.5m one among them.

Edited by Porkjet

Sorry to get it a bit back off topic, but they do play modified darts on ISS

yeah :D I also think it is really funny that Chris Hadfield is using duct tape

(although just for showcasing something) Darts and duct tape , the number one items in space for kerbals and humans :D

Edit: Just noticed they also use the duct tape in the video you posted xD

Edited by DasBananenbrot