Why these nuclear engines won't ignite

OZMKaSy.png

nPk1mG4.png

If you are wondering what the heck is this. I am trying different grazy things to visit Eve's atmosphere & come back to kerbin. Don't know if it is even possible but I don't care about that. Just the problem with nuclear engines!

Edited by TUFOM

Put it on the runway. Press spacebar and throttle up. If they dont produce any thrust at all, right click them and take a screenie of the context menu and show us it :-)

Edit: disable your skippers temporarily for clearer testing. You want to be running only the nukes during test.

Thanks for your input Spyritdragon but already tryed everything what I can think of with this. Problem seems to be that they are not getting fuel even though every part between fuel tank & engines say "fuel crossfeed capable". If I connect them directly with just one adapter they work just fine but I need 8 of them. =)

Edited by TUFOM

Hard to see, but it looks as though you have a bi-adapter to bi-adapter to quad-adapter set up,

On the multi-couplers fuel will only flow from the root to the branches, not the branches to the root. so you will need fuel line to route fuel directly to the middle adapter. (don't run the line to the battery, that won't work either.)

cf8n.png

Edit:added pic

Edited by Rhomphaia

Thanks for your input Spyritdragon but allready tryed everything what I can think of with this. Problem seems to be that they are not getting fuel even though every part between fuel tank & engines say "fuel crossfeed capable".

Are you sure all docking ports have crossfeed enabled, if you have any docking ports in it?

Back up your craft, then remove everything in the line from fuel tank to NERVA but the tank your NERVA should be feeding off of. Put on a single NERVA and fire it. If it works, remove the NERVA, the first part that comes after the tank in between, add the NERVA and repeat. This way you can localise what part is causing you problems with fuel transfer, and potentially use fuel lines to connect :-).

This will be my next SSTO: (little bit tweaking to do but it fly already)

APYSKXI.png

y1yYevk.png

For comparison my older SSTO:

T4BchPX.png

Bigger is better... right? ;D Kerbal way! (that probably will never go to eve)

Edited by TUFOM

• 1 month later...
If you are wondering what the heck is this. I am trying different crazy things to visit Eve's atmosphere & come back to kerbin. Don't know if it is even possible but I don't care about that. Just the problem with nuclear engines!

Pardon me, sir, but there seem to be some plane parts on your rocket.

:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.