Eva pods

There were proposals for allowing kerbals to make repairs on EVA.

Some heavy duty repairs coudl be only made by using robotics tools placed on robotic arms.. or eva pods.

2001pod.jpg

Great thing for big interplanetary ships. How cool woudl it be to fly around such leviathan in small pod.

Of course i dont mean to just add single "eva pod" part. Actually such pod can be made even now, just use rover seat for kerbonaut, some RCS for manuvering (no need for real engines), some lamps. Only thing missing is manipulator and, well, things to repair.

Or instead repearing, construction duties, like adding struts, or removing parts of ship you dont need anymore.

Edited by kiwiak

having those ships in the first place causes lagg, but we still build them, i also want more repairable objects or things that require maintenance and the possibility to reinforce or take parts off. and having an eva pod that is stronger then your kerbal but with the same ability's like repairing things would be great. I also made a suggestion for more repairable parts and more options to repair and they said it was possible with lazor and Kas but it just isnt true , its way too unpractical on the small scale. so in my little opinion someone should make this mod !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.