[1.12.3+] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.9.4 | 02/06/24

stupid_chris

"What if, hypothetically, a parachute made you get faster instead of slowing you down?" - Jebediah.

Parachutes aren't boosters, Jeb.

Well, if you were going upwards when you deployed them, you would be going to space. Fast :P

Suddenly I feel quite gullible

My guess was that the version number would give it away :P

Anyway hold on guys, since 0.23.5 is released (I knew it hehe) I'll upload the working version :)

How did you get the Kraken to agree to this anyways?

It was a simple minus sign to insert :P

i love you:-)

And I love you, random forum user.

And here it is, the srs bznss version, v1.0.4 is up (now with less kraken and a more sensible version number!)

Changelog:

April 1st 2014 (serious edition)
v1.0.4
-Removed the Arpil Fool's prank
-Bumped drogue target speed to 5000m/s
-Fixed potential division by zero bug
-New part descriptions, graciously offered by Duxwing

Cheers! :)

Ok, so I'm not sure whats happened, but this prank may have corrupted all Realchutes in my save file. I went back to running the pre-prank version when I thought it was just a bug, but now any time I try to use a realchute cone, my rocket will get to an altitude of about 4k on liftoff and then every last junction will instantly fail, usually accompanied by a massive increase in the speed of the camera moving away from Kerbin (reached the orbit of the moon in about 10 seconds), but with no ship living to focus on. What may have gone wrong and is there any way to fix this?

EDIT: This behavior doesn't happen when using stock chutes or chutes from other mods.

Alright, had the time to do it now. Very small update, unless you need to use drogue chutes at very high speed, no need to get this :P

Changelog:

April 1st 2014 (third try)
v1.0.4.1
*Hotfix*
-Refixed target speed range for drogue chutes

Alright, cheers guys! :)

Alright, had the time to do it now. Very small update, unless you need to use drogue chutes at very high speed, no need to get this :P

Changelog:

April 1st 2014 (third try)
v1.0.4.1
*Hotfix*
-Refixed target speed range for drogue chutes

Alright, cheers guys! :)

I would be mad because your april fools prank killed my three favorite kerbals after a return from collecting impactor data on the Mun. ~But~ the 23.5 update broke the game save so now that save believes that it is sandbox mode :(

I would be mad because your april fools prank killed my three favorite kerbals after a return from collecting impactor data on the Mun. ~But~ the 23.5 update broke the game save so now that save believes that it is sandbox mode :(

The 23.5 update broke your save or a dependent mod that was not 23.5 compatible broke your save???

Because 23.5 will load .23 game saves. Probably 0.22 and 0.21 as well.

Because 23.5 will load .23 game saves. Probably 0.22 and 0.21 as well.

This is a risky thing to say. A lot of stuff from the persistence was changed/added in 0.23.5, so it might break on occasion. I highly doubt RealChute would've caused it however.

It would be nice to have whatever April Fools joke you installed available as a toggle permanently.

(Yearly adding an additional prank module every year is always fun, so long as the modules are small enough not to cause bloat.)

p.s. For a nice prank next year: A giant Jeb Kerman Head parade balloon pops out instead of the parachute.

Edited by Ruedii

It would be nice to have whatever April Fools joke you installed available as a toggle permanently.

(Yearly adding an additional prank module every year is always fun, so long as the modules are small enough not to cause bloat.)

p.s. For a nice prank next year: A giant Jeb Kerman Head parade balloon pops out instead of the parachute.

Hm, I could do that :P It was a simple tweak code wise, so I'll see about it for next release.

I am having some trouble with the parachute. I have it set up for a main chute and when it opens, my speed flys up to 1800+ m/s and I crash instantly. I do have FAR installed, so that might have something to do with it. Any advice?

I am having some trouble with the parachute. I have it set up for a main chute and when it opens, my speed flys up to 1800+ m/s and I crash instantly. I do have FAR installed, so that might have something to do with it. Any advice?

You need to update again,

--------------

You realise what you've done, Chris? First you only put four parts in the VAB, now you do this. You'll have to rename the mod SeeTheFAQChutes :P

Works WONDERFUL at Kerbin now. :cool:

But Eve... ;.; too low boundaries problem again... deployment altitude. At Eve system can't predeploy and deploy drogues HIGHER then they actually start to burn. Current ceilings for predeployment and deployment are 50 km and 45 km. It's maybe even too high for Kerbin (40-35 proved to be enough), but it's still too low for Eve. Eve magical descent need drogue deployment ceiling to be 75-70km.

Works WONDERFUL at Kerbin now. :cool:

But Eve... ;.; too low boundaries problem again... deployment altitude. At Eve system can't predeploy and deploy drogues HIGHER then they actually start to burn. Current ceilings for predeployment and deployment are 50 km and 45 km. It's maybe even too high for Kerbin (40-35 proved to be enough), but it's still too low for Eve. Eve magical descent need drogue deployment ceiling to be 75-70km.

I left it there? I thought I had fixed it to the height of the atmosphere on the target body :/ 45km was my testing value basically.

Whenever I attach any parachute onto any ship, it krakens on the launchpad immediately. You mod is the only one that modifies these parts. I redownloaded and it still does it :/

Is this what you intended to do?

EDIT: I removed your mod, and confirmed that it has been the cause of an entire days worth of buggy frustration and redownloading and troubleshooting.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/74555-Launchpad-kraken-and-why?p=1061021&viewfull=1#post1061021

I'm sorry, but I stand by my insistence. Inexcusable. You may have meant well or just to be funny, but I can't condone or tolerate what you did as an acceptable standard of ethical programming. Maybe your "prank" coding did not impact it. I don't know. But we have to assume so. For future reference, I have included what would've been more a hilarious and acceptable a prank as an example.

Edited by Insignus