[1.12.3+] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.9.4 | 02/06/24

stupid_chris

Stupid_Chris, something seems to happen with the latest version of RealChute. I thought it's EVE, because it almost always happened when I passed the cloud layers, but after looking at the log I am not sure. Liftoff, and at the moment I pass the cloud layer the camera loses focus and the Debug window is spammed with NRE's.

This is the log itself:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udd3umug744jtik/output_log%20%282%29.txt

Okay. I am having trouble with quicksaves, I think it's the Center Of Mass bug? Maybe? I am unsure.

The quick fix I have sorta-found by blundering around is to edit, in my quicksave, the name of the parachute part on the ship from:

parachuteName = RC_triple_canopy

to

parachuteName = canopy

Then, instead of going crazy with the center of mass and camera zooming away, or occasionally the parachute not working at all, things work as expected.

To try fixing it, I went into the mod files for Realchutes, and found two instances of 'parachuteName = RC_triple_canopy' in Parts/cone_chute.cfg and cone_double_chute.cfg, which I switched to 'canopy', and I did the same with transform names in materials/texturelibrary, and this totally didn't work at all.

The part I was using/this was happening with was a stock mk16 parachute (tiny nosecone).

Hope that helps in the bug-hunting!

Edited by JimTheDog

Just updated to v2.1 (deleted the old one), still found the following bug:

I started a Mk1 Pod with a stock Mk16 parachute (enhanced by your ModuleManager file) on top into orbit, no problems in the logs so far. In orbit, I quicksaved and quickloaded, and voilà: The Mk16 parachute was suddenly missing in my staging icons, and indeed there was a new NullReferenceException (not spamming, only this one) in the output_log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealChute.Parachute.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.RealChuteModule.<OnStart>b__25 (RealChute.Parachute p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RealChute.Parachute].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.RealChuteModule.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

On right click, the context menu seemed fine, but I learned the hard way that the parachute still wasn't working.

As far as I can tell, this only happens with the stock parachutes enhanced by your mod, not with the mod inherent ones. If I don't quicksave in orbit, everything works fine, no errors in the logs for me.

Okay. I am having trouble with quicksaves, I think it's the Center Of Mass bug? Maybe? I am unsure.

The quick fix I have sorta-found by blundering around is to edit, in my quicksave, the name of the parachute part on the ship from:

to

parachuteName = canopy

Just FYI for anyone else that might try this, that would only work if there was a chute transform named canopy; i.e. the stock chute parts.

edit: but then this bug should only be possible for those parts anyway....

very interesting.... need to delve into procedural chute configs more...

edit 2: ok, unless RC is trying to add the RC chute models to stock parts through programming, then the MM files for stock parts needs to be adding those models via the config file.

Edited by Starwaster

Hi @stupid_chris I have still the Warp Problem with v1.21 here are the logs and a link to my save file https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jvdxyj4qryqfrt6/AADTH_yEIuhtwmv6kYnlEbRpa

thank you for your hard work!

If by warp bug you mean the onr where the chute goes crazy and rips off, I said many tims since last December that this is not in my hands and is from how the game handles warp. Once more do not warp while chutes are fully deployed it could break and I cant do a thing.

Stupid_Chris, something seems to happen with the latest version of RealChute. I thought it's EVE, because it almost always happened when I passed the cloud layers, but after looking at the log I am not sure. Liftoff, and at the moment I pass the cloud layer the camera loses focus and the Debug window is spammed with NRE's.

This is the log itself:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udd3umug744jtik/output_log%20%282%29.txt

Was the whole mission , from when it was first designed in the VAB to that bug made on RealChute v1.2.1? If not start over, the new version does does not fix the bug backwards.

to

parachuteName = canopy

Then, instead of going crazy with the center of mass and camera zooming away, or occasionally the parachute not working at all, things work as expected.

To try fixing it, I went into the mod files for Realchutes, and found two instances of 'parachuteName = RC_triple_canopy' in Parts/cone_chute.cfg and cone_double_chute.cfg, which I switched to 'canopy', and I did the same with transform names in materials/texturelibrary, and this totally didn't work at all.

The part I was using/this was happening with was a stock mk16 parachute (tiny nosecone).

Hope that helps in the bug-hunting!

Crap, I overlooked this. Ill fix this tonight, im at work now.

Just updated to v2.1 (deleted the old one), still found the following bug:

I started a Mk1 Pod with a stock Mk16 parachute (enhanced by your ModuleManager file) on top into orbit, no problems in the logs so far. In orbit, I quicksaved and quickloaded, and voilà: The Mk16 parachute was suddenly missing in my staging icons, and indeed there was a new NullReferenceException (not spamming, only this one) in the output_log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RealChute.Parachute.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.RealChuteModule.<OnStart>b__25 (RealChute.Parachute p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[RealChute.Parachute].ForEach (System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RealChute.RealChuteModule.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

On right click, the context menu seemed fine, but I learned the hard way that the parachute still wasn't working.

As far as I can tell, this only happens with the stock parachutes enhanced by your mod, not with the mod inherent ones. If I don't quicksave in orbit, everything works fine, no errors in the logs for me.

Same bug as previous

Just FYI for anyone else that might try this, that would only work if there was a chute transform named canopy; i.e. the stock chute parts.

edit: but then this bug should only be possible for those parts anyway....

very interesting.... need to delve into procedural chute configs more...

edit 2: ok, unless RC is trying to add the RC chute models to stock parts through programming, then the MM files for stock parts needs to be adding those models via the config file.

No, the configs nees to keep the original canopy name. And you are right, RealChute adds the canopies through code, look at UpdateCanopy() in ProceduralChute.cs, and shoot me a pm if you wanna know more.

That said, my break is nearly over, see y'all later

Thanks Chris, I don't remember if I made the whole program using 1.2.1, probably not.

Is it ok if I install it AFTER I have started and already have craft with stock chutes(I use the MM cfgs for them too)? I am afraid to do it now, maybe it will break with the same bug again?

Ok still can't get KSP.24x64bit to load past Real chutes with the latest Real chutes patch. No output log to give, it just hangs at one of the real chute files and sits there. Left it last night for 6 hours while I went to sleep, the game never loaded, never gave the "Not Responding" error, and never crashed.

If by warp bug you mean the onr where the chute goes crazy and rips off, I said many tims since last December that this is not in my hands and is from how the game handles warp. Once more do not warp while chutes are fully deployed it could break and I cant do a thing.

@stupid_Chris i mean not the warp bug! But the out of focus camera bug, where your ship warps out of the Camera Focus and I'm not able to open the parachutes, because they are gone out of the staging sequence! Right in the moment the Camera focus is lost, IVA is Still in function, but out of iva im not able to deploy the chutes.

the Physics is going crazy as well.

kind regards Brigonius

Ok still can't get KSP.24x64bit to load past Real chutes with the latest Real chutes patch. No output log to give, it just hangs at one of the real chute files and sits there. Left it last night for 6 hours while I went to sleep, the game never loaded, never gave the "Not Responding" error, and never crashed.

Just because it didn't crash doesn't mean there is no output_log.txt to give. (or player.log for Mac/Linux users)

@stupid_Chris i mean not the warp bug! But the out of focus camera bug, where your ship warps out of the Camera Focus and I'm not able to open the parachutes, because they are gone out of the staging sequence! Right in the moment the Camera focus is lost, IVA is Still in function, but out of iva im not able to deploy the chutes.

the Physics is going crazy as well.

kind regards Brigonius

I believe this is the same bug as mine. As Stupid_Chris mentioned in his reply - if you updated RealChutes to 1.2.1 mid-career(i.e. you did not update to 1.2.1 and after this you started a new career), you will need to start over a new save for this to be fixed.

I just wanted to give Stupid_Chris feedback. I did correct the halt on load issue, and it was indeed old files. It was an old MM_config file that was in the Squad folder!

Who knows how long that was there, but I thought I'd post in case anyone else is still having the halt on load and haven't found all their old files laying around yet.

I believe this is the same bug as mine. As Stupid_Chris mentioned in his reply - if you updated RealChutes to 1.2.1 mid-career(i.e. you did not update to 1.2.1 and after this you started a new career), you will need to start over a new save for this to be fixed.

would it function to remove the dll becouse 5 kerballs are going to die! if i can't land my craft on eve!

would it function to remove the dll becouse 5 kerballs are going to die! if i can't land my craft on eve!

If you are comfortable with some save editing, I was able to recue Jeb from flying out of the solar system by uninstalling realchutes and removing the realchutes parts from active vessels in my save.

Obviously if you're using realchutes on any ships that need them to land, you'll need to replace them with a stock chute instead of just deleting it. I was lucky - most of my active ships were probes and it turned out the only realchute part was attached to some debris in LKO (booster that went farther than intended).

EDIT: After playing further with this file I experienced some seriously bugged quicksaves and recoveries. Save editing should always be done with backups... but be careful with this one. I'm going to continue pushing through to see if once all current craft are recovered the bugs go away.

EDIT2: Full stop - as far as I can tell, this bugs the file forever, recovering all craft did not remove the quick load issues. Sorry for any false hope.

Edited by Hunter0000

Hello, I'm having a very strange bug: I've installed realchute v1.2.1 on ksp 64-bit and am using the stock chutes with the module manager. It loads fine, and I am able to place chutes on my vessels, but the chutes have no staging icon and I am unable to get the realchute config for any parachute to show up. I am able to launch my vessels, but the chute just sit there and I am unable to deploy it.

EDIT: I have the log file, but it's too long to post on the forums. Where should I put it?

Edited by chaos_forge

You should only lose existing missions/craft and you need to replace the chutes on old designs. Other than that it looks like there is a new COM bug with stock chutes from the fix he did last night.

Thanks for the reply. However if by your last sentence you mean the new COM bug was introduced with 1.2.1, I will stick with stock chutes for now :)

anyone else seeing load hang on this mod? Freezes on load at, realchutes/ legacy parts/ drogue_main_combo_chute/rc_combo_large. Cannot get it to load past this point.

absolutly same!

The log files are in your root KSP directory.

IDK how I can attach text file.

Copying end beginning and end of text:

Kerbal Space Program - 0.24.0.549 (WindowsPlayer) Steam

CPU: Intel® Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8)

RAM: 16337

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1226MB)

SM: 30 (Direct3D 9.0c [nvd3dumx.dll 9.18.13.3788])

RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, RGB565, Default, DefaultHDR, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8

Log started: Sun, Jul 20, 2014 22:48:55

[LOG 22:50:11.535] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ProceduralFairings/fuselage1/KzProcFairingFuselage1'

[LOG 22:50:11.542] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ProceduralFairings/fuselage2/KzProcFairingFuselage2'

[LOG 22:50:11.550] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ProceduralFairings/plate/KzThrustPlate'

[ERR 22:50:11.555] Invalid value length for Vector4

[LOG 22:50:11.559] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ProceduralFairings/side1/KzProcFairingSide1'

[LOG 22:50:11.578] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ProceduralFairings/side2/KzProcFairingSide2'

[LOG 22:50:11.587] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'ProceduralFairings/deprecated/adapter/KzInterstageAdapter'

[ERR 22:50:11.591] Invalid value length for Vector4

[ERR 22:50:11.593] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler

[ERR 22:50:11.598] Cannot find fx group of that name for decoupler