[1.12.3+] RealChute Parachute Systems v1.4.9.4 | 02/06/24

stupid_chris

uhm i'm getting this bug where if i quicksave with the parachutes deployed and cut off (e.g. just landed on laythe by using lots of em) the paracutes dialog box just says "arm chute" as if i've repacked the chute already... help?

also fixed over here. Thought I had it fixed a while ago but I pinned it down now :)

I hit a weird bug last night.

Apparently if you don't actually remember to place the parachute onto your rocket, then it doesn't deploy during reentry, and Jeb gets very upset with you (briefly).

I hit a weird bug last night.

Apparently if you don't actually remember to place the parachute onto your rocket, then it doesn't deploy during reentry, and Jeb gets very upset with you (briefly).

That's a pretty serious bug. I think the stock chutes have that problem too :(

Chris, question: When it asks (in the calculator section) how many chutes I'm using and it's a triple chute. Should I enter three or is it still technically considering it a single chute?

Example, 8 radial chutes set to triple. Am I putting 8 or 24?

Are the triples graphical only?

Chris, question: When it asks (in the calculator section) how many chutes I'm using and it's a triple chute. Should I enter three or is it still technically considering it a single chute?

Example, 8 radial chutes set to triple. Am I putting 8 or 24?

Are the triples graphical only?

They are graphic only, this is why I added a (parts) next to the field name.

EDIT:

ummm.... i have a stack chute and a drouge on, and it's claiming that 9 tons is too much for it. I find that hard to believe, especially with kevlar chutes

Can't judge much right now with only this information. Logs and etc would help.

Edited by stupid_chris

They are graphic only, this is why I added a (parts) next to the field name.

EDIT:

Can't judge much right now with only this information. Logs and etc would help.

ookie dookie.... will do, once I land this bucket of bolts....

doesn't seem like you went in the VAB there at all. Not sure what RealChute bug you encountered there... and a lot of errors are being thrown by mechjeb, do you have the lastest version?

huh? maybe not... i've mostly been launching stuff straight off the pad. i'm reporting mechjeb bugs in that thread. alot of stuff was changed in that too. i'll try to replicate the error

EDIT: so far unable to replicate.... i'll post a log if I do

Edited by Commissar

What would be causing my chutes to be acting strangely? When I set up the settings in the editor window, and click "Apply to Symmetry" the other parts don't get changed, and usually have blank data entry boxes (Spare Chutes, Pre-Dep Alt, etc.). In addition, I can set my chutes to "Only deploy going down=False", but after hitting apply, a right-click, Show Info tells me it's still "Going Down=True", and in-game usage reinforces that. My chutes only open going down, making my LES quick-chutes rather ineffective.

Is this just a conflict of an older version, or is there some mod conflict somewhere? I'm about due for a total reinstall anyways, but I figured I'd look into common solutions.

EDIT: I'm reinstalling RealChutes to see if this fixes it, but I believe I was still at 1.0.x. I'll let you know what happens.

EDIT2: So the mustGoDown will now 'stick' when set, and that was really the more aggravating of the two problems due to the lack of workarounds. The symmetry parts still have totally empty fields when I Apply to Symmetry, though.

Edited by Cleric2145

I have a weird one for you, apparently, if I attach an inline parachute to a decoupler, it will not work. You can't click on it, and it disappears from the staging tree on load to the pad. I tried attaching decouplers to either end of the part and got the same result. here's my KSP log:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18212815/KSP.log

I also had an issue with the camera gradually moving it's focal point downward as the rocket climbed, until I can't even see the rocket, but I'm not sure that's related.

I have a weird one for you, apparently, if I attach an inline parachute to a decoupler, it will not work. You can't click on it, and it disappears from the staging tree on load to the pad. I tried attaching decouplers to either end of the part and got the same result. here's my KSP log:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18212815/KSP.log

I also had an issue with the camera gradually moving it's focal point downward as the rocket climbed, until I can't even see the rocket, but I'm not sure that's related.

I don't think the shifting CoM is related I've never had that issue before.

What would be causing my chutes to be acting strangely? When I set up the settings in the editor window, and click "Apply to Symmetry" the other parts don't get changed, and usually have blank data entry boxes (Spare Chutes, Pre-Dep Alt, etc.). In addition, I can set my chutes to "Only deploy going down=False", but after hitting apply, a right-click, Show Info tells me it's still "Going Down=True", and in-game usage reinforces that. My chutes only open going down, making my LES quick-chutes rather ineffective.

Is this just a conflict of an older version, or is there some mod conflict somewhere? I'm about due for a total reinstall anyways, but I figured I'd look into common solutions.

EDIT: I'm reinstalling RealChutes to see if this fixes it, but I believe I was still at 1.0.x. I'll let you know what happens.

EDIT2: So the mustGoDown will now 'stick' when set, and that was really the more aggravating of the two problems due to the lack of workarounds. The symmetry parts still have totally empty fields when I Apply to Symmetry, though.

That first "bug" is only an aesthetics bug. It won't show anything but the values are there anyway. It's not in my field, KSP is the only thing that handles part copying, and apparently it's too dumb to properly initiate the components. So yeah, the values are applying normally, ignore it.

I'd edit the OP to show this, but I'm getting 500's

The KSP.log doesn't tell me what's going on unfortunately. I'll need your output_log.txt

EDIT: I scrolled through it and it doesn't even seem any RealChute part was even present in any of the flights of this log.

Edited by stupid_chris

I had an issue like this showing up with a probe that had the stock radial chutes after they got RC-ified. Deleting the stock MM file fixed the behavior. Unfortunately, I don't have that probe anymore so I can't reproduce the bug.

I've heard players get the same bug with other mod combinations (thread here), including people who didn't have RC installed at all, so I'm guessing it's a general problem with mod interactions, not something specific to RC.

Edited by Starstrider42
Re-stumbled across the link

Chris, I just wanted to say thank you for the effort you put into these chutes.

All I see is a vista of bug reports and hassle for yourself so I thought it would be nice for you to have a post that just said thanks.

So,

Thank you, stupid_chris for Realchutes.

Your chutes have been wonderful and I hope they become stock soon (if that is what you would want)