What software is used to capture videos of KSP?

FRAPS sucks.

MSI Afterburner Beta is free and easy to use. My first KSP videos were all made with Afterburner.

Recently I upgraded to Bandicam. Yes, it\'s $39, but well worth it. Much more flexible and user-friendly than FRAPS. My most recent few vids were captured with Bandicam. This program does everything FRAPS does. It does it better than FRAPS. It has nice features FRAPS doesn\'t have. Bandicam is better.

The only reason people think FRAPS is the only answer, is because the alternatives haven\'t been advertised so much.

MSI Afterburner Beta is free and easy to use.

Do you have a link White Owl? All my searches turn up a GPU overclocking utility.

Nevermind I jumped the gun there, turns out it\'s ALSO a capture program hidden behind an overclocker. Gonna have a play around with it now.

For those running KSP on a Mac, I found iShowU HD to work very nicely, although running it while KSP is running will challenge older Macs and make their cooling fans spin like crazy!

I would post a link to one of my videos but whenever I record a mission it seems to end in disaster. So I usually just stick with screenshots.

Virtualdub with the xvid codec worked wonders for converting fraps .avi output to something more youtube upload friendly, drops the size of a 20second 1920*1080 clip from 600~mb to 6~mb and the encoding didn\'t take longer than a couple of seconds.