Greetings everyone I am Raetac

RaetacRages

I suppose I should say a little about myself.

I'm 40, have a wife and 2 teenage daughters and been into PC games for the last 24 years (Commodorre 64 was before the PC so I wont count that)

I've tried KSP back a few months ago, got a few things into orbit, then lost my way.. no real direction about what to build and where to go. Now we have this lovely Career mode I've decide to pick the game back up again and bring my adventures to my Youtube channel where I'll be taking direction from my viewers where and what I should build next. Should lead to interesting times.

I look forward to meeting new people (and possibly some old ones, you never know in the big world of the interwebs) and sharing my story as we reach for the stars!

PS. Reckon we will hit warp technology one day?

Welcome to the forums! :)

Glad to see one of the "old guard" among us enjoying the game. Any particular games you remember enjoying from the old C64? I wasn't quite in that generation, but once my tastes matured a bit, I realized that there's a real treasure-trove of older games out there that I had passed up when I was younger, and I've been trying to get my hands on as many of the "gems" as I can.

Also, what's the rest of the family's reaction to the game, if I may be so bold as to ask? :wink:

Since you mentioned "sharing stories," feel free to share your own in the Mission Reports forums or in the "What did you do in KSP today?" thread. Feel free to ask questions if you need any help, or if you're just curious about some aspect of the game.

Warp drives might be far, far away in the future in the base game, but you might hear talk of a "KSP Interstellar" mod that gives you the drive (though sadly, no interesting destinations).

Enjoy!

Any particular games you remember enjoying from the old C64? I wasn't quite in that generation, but once my tastes matured a bit, I realized that there's a real treasure-trove of older games out there that I had passed up when I was younger, and I've been trying to get my hands on as many of the "gems" as I can.

Also, what's the rest of the family's reaction to the game, if I may be so bold as to ask? :wink:

Well, I can remember a couple of games from the C64, Ghostbusters on the cartridge... Nothing that was on the tape drive really standout but when we hit the 5.25 floppy drive things took off. Might and Magic 2 got a thrashing and Adventure Construction Set kept my interest for ages. That all I can remember from then but whe nI got my hands on the AT series of IBM's there were so many more games to dip my toes into.

My family has rather unique tastes in games, my daughters seem to stick to what they know, the first real game I introduced to , Minecraft. They do venture out to other games (usually when I drag them) but they drift back to that. While my wife still stays on the outer fringe of gaming and plays on Facebook and Pogo. Sadly, they dont have much interest in KSP. Probably a touch technical for them.