Best Anti-Virus Software

Rassa Farlander

• 1 month later...

Every year in January Privacy PC publishes it’s impressions, observations and perspectives with regard to the state of security software industry.

We have singled out leaders in the following categories: antivirus, internet security, antispyware, encryption software, online privacy utilities and three more groups.

The software rating has been formed in accordance with the following benchmarks: usability (ease of setup and product usage intuitiveness) features, efficiency, help & support, and pros/cons. You can find it here: http://privacy-pc.com/news/best-security-software-2014.html

best-security-software-2014-banner.jpg

• 1 month later...

Linux

/end thread.

The best virus protection is not to visit dodgy websites and to never open dodgy emails. My parents wouldn't listen and having to spend a lot of time fixing stuff remotely started to **** me off. So last December I pulled the trigger and wiped Windows off their HD. They now run Manjaro Linux and all problems are gone. The entire system updates if you click a single button and they haven't had a single crash on their arguably old computer since I installed Manjaro.

I'm about to buy a new computer and will definitely install Linux as my main system.

PS: If you have to run Windows, look into "Superantispyware", that one's quite good (and free). Norton & Co. just slow down your system too much and once you install them, it's almost impossible to get rid of them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.