Any way to make fairing minimum smaller?

I've had the amazing fairing mod for a while but still can't get over the irritating-ness of the minimum fairing size. The inter-stage fairing can only go half a standard rocket piece into a ship.

5rTAbYe.png

As you can see, I want the fairing to be in-line UNDER the external tank with rather than going only halfway through it. There is a minimum distance a fairing can go inside your ship. Does anyone know the string in the config file to change this property? :mad:

1.wrong forum. Mod should move this.

2. Unless you have fAR, fairings are useless

3. What fairing mod is it?!

1. Indeed, this should be in addon affairs.

2. Not quite, they stop debris and stuff.

3. Looks like its some broken version of Procedural Fairings.

This is the correct version of procedural fairings. One of the fairing pieces (the interstage fairing) can be manually edited to change its size and cover shape. The problem is that I want the cover to be under certain things that are overlapping with the fairing.

Sorry about wrong forum

More pictures. Show us a cut out with one side of the fairing removed exposing the payload. The PF interstage fairing is a bit tricky. And beware. With that IS base your craft will decouple from the base when you jettison the fairings. No way around it less you cover the whole craft. At which point your better off using the regular bases.

2. Unless you have fAR, fairings are useless

They enhance the pleasure I have in the game.

For a game, that's a pretty big deal. Useless? Far from it.

If we want to leave out the useless part why not leave out the whole 3D thing and just run it as a play-by-the-numbers game? Far more accurate, better "frame rates" and it doesn't change the experience significantly (only leaving out a useless part, "how it looks").

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.