What are your gameplay restrictions?

SunJumper

No autopilot mods, no egregiously unrealistic entry angles, no quicksave (but when developing aircraft, etc.. "restore to SPH/VAB" counts as "simulation"), keep heavy launches to a bare minimum (i.e. 1.5 full orange tanks is about the limit of a single payload, and a lift that heavy would be rare), try to use SSTO planes where feasible.

Every Kerbal must have access to a hitchhiker if going interplanetary is pretty much my only one.

Hitchhiker or (for shorter transfers, i.e. between Joolian moons, or, in extremes, Moho or Eve), the Mk1-2 command pod.

Edited by vexx32
Merged posts. Please try to avoid double posting. :)

- No Kerbal can be stranded on a planet without a companion and a Hitchhiker module, and even then, they must be rescued.

- All rockets, planes, etc MUST have a drone core and they must be tested without crew to make sure they're safe.

- All command modules must be detachable and equipped with parachutes.

- No landing on a body without a comms satellite orbiting it (so the Kerbals can talk to home base)

- Jeb does not fly the spaceplanes.

I don't have tons of restrictions, but I don't play with a ton of "part" mods usually (I have KAS, Kethane, KER, RealChute, Proc. Fairings, and SelectRoot). Besides that, I don't have a lot. Though I tend to send probes to places first, and don't open parachutes while I have re-entry effects. :P

These are more like guidelines than strict restrictions:

- Start the gravity turn before dropping any boosters. The people working at KSC don't like used rocket parts falling on them.

- No more than four boosters, as wide rockets are ridiculous. This limits my biggest payloads to around 60 tons in a single launch.

- Nose cones and similar aerodynamic parts are necessary.

- Leave no debris in space. On the other hand, if the craft contains nuclear components, it can't be deorbited at Kerbin, except for a soft landing.

- Manned space stations and interplanetary ships must have large enough living quarters for the crew. Their structure must be based on components that could feasibly contain access tunnels (example).

[note that I have the following plugins: MJ2(SmartAss+Displays), Joint Stiffening, KAS, Hooligan Labs airships, Kethane, Kerbal Alarm Clock, and a couple of minor ones].

- No Kerbal left behind

- Keep ships sensible. Keep to less than 200 parts usually.

- No pancake-shaped rockets (asparagus monstrosities), only exception:

Eve return ships although I'm trying to fix that by using Rockoons.

- For interplanetary missions, always have a hab module

- Setup infrastructure first at destination, land afterwards

- All ships have remote control capability (probe core) even if manned.

- Interplanetary missions go like this:

- Send probe ship with Kethane scanner in orbit

- Send unmanned station with some fuel reserve

- Send small flotilla of ships (manned) with kethane miner

- Land and setup camp (prefebly near Kethane resource)

- Build up from here

Dingbat1967

My restrictions I mostly play by are:

-No Mechjeb

-No mods that add parts

-Limit my use of quicksave to things that could be simulated by mission control (IE: what is the right distance to aerobrake on jool)

-No Mechjeb!

-If it can be made larger and more insane, then I must do it.

Oh, I've also never used the cheat menu thing.... not even for the explodey-balls I see in videos.

Edited by Xacktar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.