I am considering getting a life support plugin but not sure which to get.

Hodo

I am considering getting one of the three life support plugins, (in no particular order)

-TAC life support

-Ioncross Crew Support

-Asmi ECLSS mod.

I have read through most of each of their threads and I am still having a hard time figuring out which would be the one I would want to use. My primary concerns are as follows.

-Any additional parts have to look decent and not take up a funky buttlovin amount of memory. So no more 100+ part installs I have enough of those.

-Stable, MUST BE STABLE, no more random crashes or bugs caused by compatibility errors. (My list of currently used plugins is in my sig below)

-Simple, can't be another "go into the cfg file alter lines 108-219 with this code script." I dont have the time for all that right now.

-Last but not least, still supported so when a new patch comes out and breaks everything it isn't left at the bottom of the forums till another purge happens.

I know I sound like a demanding elitist prick, but I have really wanted a decent life support plugin for a while. Just none of them looked stable enough for me to try them.

Given your demands, go with Ioncross; the parts aren't shabby and it works fairly well for the active vessel. I haven't used it since 0.20, though.

I prefer TACLS myself but I also created my own parts and customized it (a bit, it's solid as-is). Persistence across vessels is good and one of the big advantages is that the resource unit representations are in Kerbal-days, which makes it very easy to see, at a glance, how long you have left.

asmi's ECLSS looks pretty cool and should have some very nice parts, but I haven't tried it yet because it looks like it's still causing lag problems. Development looks pretty active, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.