Minmus or bust!

Zaydin

Well, after reaching the Mun yesterday, I was debating sending another mission to the Mun with the new sensors I had unlocked with the research I had compiled from the Mun mission, or going to Minmus. As my title would suggest, I decided to go where I had never gone before: Minmus.

859EC0E74207772D33E1E54D6C7FE35C9FB40E5E

Descent was far easier for Minmus than the Mun; I had enough fuel left from my main stage to set up my descent onto Minmus before jettisoning the dead weight, and after that, I activated the LV-909 I have for the lander stage to slow me; that engine sips fuel!

39A26EEBDA656ABE99E07DC5AA2275B8E6786AE6

I couldn't help but notice how small both Kerbin and the Mun looked from this far out.

97063A48B2CBF8EC9E8C9CF9C462F0D06B66AF63

One relatively uneventful descent later, my craft set down on Minmus, Kerbol rising over the far moon of Kerbin. Well, I say 'relatively uneventful' because I had a brief panic as I neared the surface when my craft suddenly accelerated in its descent, passing 100 meters a second. Thankfully, I had time to throttle up and slow down before touching down on the surface.

C9F3E3D8AE729AB353A64D70394070E32F1ACCC1

A minute later, after transmitting some initial data back to Kerbin, Jebediah Kerman, the first Kerbal on the Mun, planted the flag and became the first Kerbal on Minmus, marking the furthest any Kerbal had been from their home.

48285CA762F5A2C691FE491A2C0562A0D9BBA003

After planting the flag, Jebediah took a moment to record a greetings from Minmus to the Kerbals back home, eagerly awaiting word as to the fate of this brave kerbonaut!

Needless to say, after the success of my Munar landing, this new success has me thrilled!

Edited by Zaydin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.