The NODE (Version 1)

Epsilon

That wasn\'t too hard. If you want the .cfg, just ask for it.

Now, what I would like, is to have the DerpCo habitation module (with windows) as a fuel tank. That would be beautiful.

Someone asked for the .cfg, so here it is.

name = Docking Node Pod
module = CommandPod
author = Epsilon

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = dockingnode.DAE
scale = 1
texture = dockingnodetex.png
specPower = 0.1
rimFalloff = 3
alphaCutoff = 0.0

// --- node definitions ---
// definition format is Position X, Position Y, Position Z, Up X, Up Y, Up Z
node_stack_top = 0, 0.7743, 0, 0, 1, 0
node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.7743, 0, 0, 1, 0
node_stack_sideX1 = 0.7743, 0, 0, -1, 0, 0
node_stack_sideX2 = -0.7743, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_sideZ1 = 0, 0, 0.7743, 0, 0, -1
node_stack_sideZ2 = 0, 0, -0.7743, 0, 0, 1
// --- FX definitions ---

// --- editor parameters ---
cost = 100
category = 1
subcategory = 0
title = Space Station Pod Alpha
//manufacturer = Epetech Industries LLC
description = A space station node pod. Now, you don\'t need an unsightly pod!

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,0,1,0,1
stackSymmetry = 1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 1
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.3
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 3
crashTolerance = 40
maxTemp = 3400
fuelCrossFeed = True

// --- pod/rcs parameters ---

rotPower = 1
linPower = 5

Kp = 1.0
Kd = 1.0

// --- general parameters ---

I will make immediate use of this. Pics inbound...

Wait. You\'re only giving the command pod version a linear force of 1? and a rotational force of 5? Is that really enough to handle a future space station? I guess we can 'alter' it :P. Loving this little hunk of awesomeness!

Wait. You\'re only giving the command pod version a linear force of 1? and a rotational force of 5? Is that really enough to handle a future space station? I guess we can 'alter' it :P. Loving this little hunk of awesomeness!

If you build a moderately-sized station, it handles like a brick wall. That config could use some work.

With that said; it IS possible to orbit a craft. Just use RCS. Looooooots of RCS.

let me put it this way. This lander was not easy to get into orbit. But its pretty damn stable on landing.

That is a three meter central tank with eight 1.75 meter booster stages around it, feeding so that four of them feed into the next set of boosters before feeding into the big tank. That is just the first stage.

Second stages are two, 2 meter tank with a large bertha, and four booster LFE\'s draining into the main tanks first.

The third stage achieves orbit, and has enough fuel and thrust to get into munar orbit, cancel horizantal movement help slow the lander down during descent to munar surface. With a little work you can keep the four reserve tanks on the lander full for a boost off the mun for the return stage.

Because parts are not officially designed to be attached horizontally. What we have here is a way to jury-rig it. It takes quite a bit of tweaking sometimes, I suggest changing your camera angle, its easier when there is nothing behind the part you\'re trying to attach to.

Ah well, then I\'ll ignore this part until it\'s officially designed to be used that way. No way I\'m going to spend fifteen minutes trying to attach engines horizontally every time.

You just have to carefully bring the nodes together-it\'s not that hard.