Battle - Kerbin

Poryy

Chapter One

Joebald Kerman sat in the front row of the lecture hall, surrounded by hundreds of eager Kerbin Republik pilots. "He was ready", he thought with a grimace. "The Federation would crumble beneath the corpses of all those who had already died, and those that would in the future." The Commander walked into the room, and the students fell silent. He was stooped and ancient, with a biotic leg and a walking stick. He wore an orange suit, and the cracked plasticine nametag read "Bill Kerman"

The microphone turned on with a screech, causing all of the massed students to wince and grit their teeth. He opened his ancient mout, and with an astoundingly clear voice he immediately started his speech.

"Hello."

"There is only one reason I am here. Your training is at end, and soon you will get your wings. I am here to make sure you are ready to fight the Federation, and nothing more. I will not exaggerate our strengths. I will not lie about their weaknesses. I will tell the truth and only the truth about our foe."

"The federation killed my friends. I am the only original commander left. Dispense with the rumors that Jeb and Bob are still out there. I saw them die. I saw them burned to ashes by a heavy fighter. They have better technology than us. They have better commanders. There a 2 billion of them, and all they want to do is crush us until there is no Republik."

A student coyly raised his hand. "But sir, why do they want war with us? They were our allies during the Expansion, after all."

Bill sighed. "The Eastern Federation of Kerbin declared war on us because we cut off their supplies of fuel and food."

The population of the autitorium gasped.

"This was because they were constantly threatening to shut down our space program if we weren't absorbed into them."

"The Federation are our greatest enemies. We crushed the Kraken when it tried to destroy our space vehicles, and we unified Kerbin 200 years ago. This is the first conflict we have faced in 50 years, and I fear we have grown complacent. Dismissed."

Joebald left the room quaking in fear. The Federation he had read about in school texts was a barely-functional group of rebels. Now he had to learn how to fight laser-cannon armed Federation vessels with Sparrow fighters, and how to destroy massive Command Rovers. He began to think this career wasn't for him after all.

Kerbin Republik Command

Gene: Sir, we have located a large Federation airfield near the Secondary Space Center. Satellite images show heavy fighters, interceptors, and a... command rover?

Sir, I think that perhaps this could be a major Federation base!

Commander Loman: Do we have any drones available to scope it out?

Gene: No sir. But, we could send...

Commander Loman: A manned flight? No, Gene. We don't need any more young men dead.

Gene: I have a plan for scouting it out. Here's a map:

12VYTXL.png

Commander Loman: It looks workable, but we'll need one great pilot. Any recommendations?

Gene: Yessir.

Edited by Poryy

Chapter Two

Republik Command: Joebald, Joebald, you are cleared for return.

Joebald: Roger that. I'll head over there as soon as I land.

kW2L2QT.png

0RwPmdn.png

ogje2R6.png

Commander Loman: Joebald, you have been chosen for a spy mission.

Joebald: WHAT? But I haven't even finished training yet!

Commander Loman: Joebald, we have seen natural skill in you. Consider your training over. This is where the real battles begin.

Joebald: What is my mission?

Commander Loman: We have located a Federation base in the Eastern Mountain range. Our orbitals located a Federation Command Rover. Your job is to fly a loop around that base and find out what they are doing.

Joebald: When do I start?

Commander Loman: Now.

Chapter 3

Joebald: Engine ignition. Sunbeams are check. Landing gear is check. Do I have permission to take off?

Republik Command: Permission granted.

CdgboKj.png

Command: We have launch.

Joebald. I have cleared the mountains. I will give you next status report when I reach the other continent.

MCnTZuI.png

1 hour later...

Joebald: I have reached the other continent. I can see desert and mountains.

N5ayK8a.png

Republik Command: Excellent. Go to heading 308 degrees, and the base should show up eventually.

xbwfE0K.png

8Qa0uYB.png

Joebald: I have reached the designated area. I see three buildings and four aircraft. I can confirm three heavy fighters and one interceptor.

Republik Command: Stay out of 1.5 Km range. The interceptor's radar may pick you up.

Joebald: Roger that. Doing return turn.

zR318ns.png

Republik Command: WARNING! You have entered radar range! I see multiple heat signatures. Missiles confirmed!

Joebald: Oh S***! Ejecting!

ojb4TUh.png

Republik Command: Joebald? Joebald, can you read us? JOEBALD!

QC6CCei.png

Chapter 3.5

A Federation Laboratory:

Federation Scientist: That's funny...

Federation Guard: What is it?

Federation Scientist: I was looking in an Ancient Expansion mainframe computer and found one of their weapons. It seems to be the plans for an upgraded laser cannon, wait... no! It's a high powered KINETIC weapon? Kinetic weapons are primitive and explode half the time!

Federation Guard: No... Look at that overheat compensator...

Federation Scientist: My Kod... Inform the ministry of war at once! This weapon could end the war!

Edited by Poryy

Chapter 4

Kerbin Republik Space Center:

Commander Loman: So we send a squadron here, and the rescue cruiser...

Gene: We have a radar contact, sir! Signature looks like a Federation Heavy fighter, sir, but the Center of mass is all wrong.

Commander Loman: I don't... WHAT THE HELL IS THAT NOISE!

Federation Pilot: Firing Rapid Kinetic Weapon.

fptziMz.png

Commander Loman: FIRE AA WEAPONS!

7DQtlrl.png

Gene: Hit confirmed, sir! Looks like we pasted him!

6ZoqKO3.png

Commander Loman: Order a squad down there. I want to find out what that thing was firing.

Gene: I predict that a squad armed with these weapons could paste that Federation base. The sheer cycle rate...

Commander Loman: Just get me one of those cannons.

The next day

Gene: We have reports of Federation tanks heading through the mountains.

Commander Loman: Excellent. Send a fighter to destroy at least one of them. We need to secure those weapons!

Edited by Poryy

• 2 weeks later...

I have some words. Federation Missile Artillery. I'm having some problems with them working without doing backflips when firing, also, the quad GAU'ed AA guns. Those are hilarious. I'll post a screenshot later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.