Krags PlanetFactory. Updated Jan 22

Kragrathea

So uh can anyone explain why the sun is coming from the wrong direction?

screenshot127.png

EDIT:

Orbiting inside Flollop's map view object?

screenshot128.png

This is the most boring planet.

screenshot130.png

EDIT2:

Oh the scaling issue is because I used Tylo as a template instead of Minmus.

Fixed the terrain too.

Please show me how! I want to make my suggestion from page 12! Please make a tutorial once you know how to make a finished project creation of a new born planet!

Random responses.

-The planets are cool. You need to start with height maps tho.

-I did a fake barycenter a while back and it worked ok. Obviously it didnt act like a real barycenter in that you would fall into this one. But the engine didn't go kablooy or anything.

-Some planets are more configurable than others because they are newer. I went from defining them in code to cfg files and I haven't converted all yet.

-I'll do a how-to-create-a-planet-from-scratch post after I release the version that allows planets to be added/removed from a cfg. Until then - the secret is to bang the ctrl and nine keys together guys.

-No science. Probably easy to add but I never got around to figuring out how it works.

-I'll do a how-to-create-a-planet-from-scratch post after I release the version that allows planets to be added/removed from a cfg. Until then - the secret is to bang the ctrl and nine keys together guys.

Well now I feel stupid. Oh well. The amount I've bastarrdized your code it probably would be better to start over. The skybox is shaking and Kerbin is inside Serious.

screenshot137.png

god help me

Edited by Nutt007

Well now I feel stupid. Oh well. The amount I've bastarrdized your code it probably would be better to start over. The skybox is shaking and Kerbin is inside Serious.

screenshot137.png

god help me

Sometimes it pays to really read the source code. :) When testing it for Krag there was some fun/silly things in that menu.

Krag,

Can you please please please allow other modders to use your code? Your planets are awesome but it kinda sucks that there's only one planet mod that really works and a really cool looking create-your-own-planet mod was shut down due to similarities in code or something. Your mod is really well done but I do think allowing the wide community to learn from your awesome work and post it so we can share would be the best thing to do.

Krag,

Can you please please please allow other modders to use your code? Your planets are awesome but it kinda sucks that there's only one planet mod that really works and a really cool looking create-your-own-planet mod was shut down due to similarities in code or something. Your mod is really well done but I do think allowing the wide community to learn from your awesome work and post it so we can share would be the best thing to do.

????? https://github.com/Kragrathea/PlanetFactory

Krag,

Where do you take that information from? Last I heard aftokinito wsa still working on his mod. Please do not spread rumors :)

Where do you take that information from? Last I heard aftokinito wsa still working on his mod. Please do not spread rumors :)

Aftokinito is still working on his mod. He linked the git page over on Facepunch's KSP thread. He's still pretty pissed at Kragrathea, though he does have good reason.

Aftokinito is still working on his mod. He linked the git page over on Facepunch's KSP thread. He's still pretty pissed at Kragrathea, though he does have good reason.

I know all of this, I'm in contact with him through skype.

Why's he pissed at Kragrathea?

This not the place to talk about this, so let's not do this, shall we? Now back on topic folks.

Why's he pissed at Kragrathea?

I already said: good reason. When reading posts, it's always good to read the entire post.

--------------

Back on topic, I got impatient and decided to edit the code to use configs before Krag does. If you have any spare items such as "Wishful Thinking" or "Prayers" please direct them to me.

Here's a picture of my current status:

b7e.jpg

I already said: good reason. When reading posts, it's always good to read the entire post.

--------------

Back on topic, I got impatient and decided to edit the code to use configs before Krag does. If you have any spare items such as "Wishful Thinking" or "Prayers" please direct them to me.

Here's a picture of my current status:

b7e.jpg

Make Serious and Kerbol orbit a black hole! Make a few of Sentar's moons (Namely Erin, Thud, and Ringle) orbit Serious, along with Ablate! Make another star in orbit of said black hole? Limit Kerbol's SOI?

This not the place to talk about this

Would you be so kind as to point us to the place to talk about it? This whole planet mod thing has been odd and it would be good if the community would be informed about what exactly is going on and has a place to talk about it.

Edited by Camacha

Krag,

Other modders can use the code as long as they ask first. Two other mods are already working on plugins based on the code.

The purpose of the license is to ensure someone can't just edit a few files and then release a conflicting plugin. Two plugins trying to do the same thing will not work. I understand folks want to make their own planet, but the best way to do that isnt to fork the project. Its to add an interface to allow you to make planets via config files. That's what I am working on now.

I am glad to see this released, with source as well :D, I have already done some stuff, and got it to create planets based on a .cfg. It kinda works, but its confusing...

Code:

public void LoadAdditionalPlanets()
{
var root = ConfigNode.Load(DataPath + "AdditionalWorlds.cfg");
for (int i = 0 ; i < root.nodes.Count ; i++ )
{
ConfigNode node = root.nodes[i];
PFBody newBody = new PFBody( node.GetValue("Name"), node.GetValue("Template"), int.Parse(node.GetValue("Index")),
new PFOrbit
{
//TEMP!!!
inclination = 0,
eccentricity = 0,
semiMajorAxis = 3000000,
LAN = 0,
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0,
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0,
epoch = 0,
referenceBody = "Kerbin"
},
localUpdate: delegate(PFBody body)
{
print("Updating Local " + body.name);
LoadPQS(body.name);
} );
print( "new world ready: "+ node.GetValue("Name") + " With template: " + node.GetValue("Template") );
newBodies.Add( newBody );
}
}

Config:

Test1
{
Name = "Test1"
Template = "Minmus"
Index = 300
}

I call the new LoadAdditionalPlanets before it loads the templates, probably better ways of doing it...

Krag, remember this?

And is it okay if you add BetaJuice in the next update?

(I'm sorry if i'm agitating you by a bit..)

Ah, good times. I loved that old system. Went kablooie when the new version came out.

No new planets until after I finish the config stuff I am afraid. But if I have time I'll put Fred and Ginger in when I release it.

I am glad to see this released, with source as well :D, I have already done some stuff, and got it to create planets based on a .cfg. It kinda works, but its confusing...

Code:

public void LoadAdditionalPlanets()
{
var root = ConfigNode.Load(DataPath + "AdditionalWorlds.cfg");
for (int i = 0 ; i < root.nodes.Count ; i++ )
{
ConfigNode node = root.nodes[i];
PFBody newBody = new PFBody( node.GetValue("Name"), node.GetValue("Template"), int.Parse(node.GetValue("Index")),
new PFOrbit
{
//TEMP!!!
inclination = 0,
eccentricity = 0,
semiMajorAxis = 3000000,
LAN = 0,
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0,
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0,
epoch = 0,
referenceBody = "Kerbin"
},
localUpdate: delegate(PFBody body)
{
print("Updating Local " + body.name);
LoadPQS(body.name);
} );
print( "new world ready: "+ node.GetValue("Name") + " With template: " + node.GetValue("Template") );
newBodies.Add( newBody );
}
}

Config:

Test1
{
Name = "Test1"
Template = "Minmus"
Index = 300
}

I call the new LoadAdditionalPlanets before it loads the templates, probably better ways of doing it...

Well I guess I can shift my focus elsewhere now. Time to get rid of Minmus.

EDIT: Tried your script and it doesn't seem to work.

Edited by Nutt007

I guess I should have explained it more, that or I failed to copy+paste it in correctly... I put it in the main PlanetFactory class, and called it below "findPrefabBodies(PSystemManager.Instance.systemPrefab.rootBody);" in OnLevelWasLoaded.

Im sure Krag will make a better system... Mine is a bit cobbled together

Sorry for the confusion! I saw the thread get locked then kinda vanish and presumed the worst. :(. If you can show me were its still being worked on that wound be great. And Nutt, I you read what it says on the link you gave me, it does say that others are not allowed to redistribute their own versions of Krags mod.

Well even with the Vista engine it still took me 8 years to reach Joker. Now I know why it's so serious.

I was happy to see there are more anomalies in the game now too.

Edit: Just realized Serious could use a Wayne's world to help fill out the system.

Edited by Tommygun